• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

C9
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

FIXED

scarybore

Love n0tail but he was pretty much anonymous that game, losing so hard to Secret ain't gonna help either.

Secret look great though, Puppey <3.

Manus

What's up with Bone7's Legion? Always goes blink blademail and never does anything with it. They pick her way to much and never do anything with her.

Zephyx

Crystal Maiden is a terrible fucking hero. No idea why people like her, especially in a pub.

She has great harassing potential in lane, mana regeneration in the early game for everyone and a devastating ultimate in early-mid game if positioned well. She can also jungle if the lane she's supporting is doing well. The only thing to really dislike about the hero is her low movement speed and subpar base damage.

Hylian7

She has great harassing potential in lane, mana regeneration in the early game for everyone and a devastating ultimate in early-mid game if positioned well. She can also jungle if the lane she's supporting is doing well. The only thing to really dislike about the hero is her low movement speed and subpar base damage.

Her subpar health sucks too.

Vs a Centaur and Techies I was absolutely useless. I was scared of Pudge the whole lane.

Good luck actually getting level 6 by 10 minutes, because your ulti is already useless by then.

Zephyx

Her subpar health sucks too.

Vs a Centaur and Techies I was absolutely useless. I was scared of Pudge the whole lane.

Good luck actually getting level 6 by 10 minutes, because your ulti is already useless by then.

I think her health is just on par with other supports though. And her ult is still good until around 20-30 mins. By the time late game comes, if you don't get picked off immediately, it is a good MS/AS slow. I cannot comment on how you position yourself during teamfights or how your teammates perform but I think she's not the most useless support out there and she is viable with mana-based heroes like Bristleback or Storm Spirit. You just have to be more careful than usual with your positioning given her low MS.

all these conversations are the same

hylian: x
everyone else: y
hylian: not y not y not y

like we cant convince you and you dont want to hear it anyway so whats the point

Hylian7

I think her health is just on par with other supports though. And her ult is still good until around 20-30 mins. By the time late game comes, if you don't get picked off immediately, it is a good MS/AS slow. I cannot comment on how you position yourself during teamfights or how your teammates perform but I think she's not the most useless support out there and she is viable with mana-based heroes like Bristleback or Storm Spirit. You just have to be more careful than usual with your positioning given her low MS.

I never understand what people say when they say "position yourself better" I try to mimic what I see pros or better players do, and I try it and if I get anywhere close to a fight, I'm already dead basically. What am I missing here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm spectating you right now. I haven't been able to see much of the game but I saw one thing you're doing completely wrong.

Crystal Mage has an effective range of 1000.

Your positioning makes her look like a level 5 VS. You're always within swap range, hook range, or Blink range. Whenever they decide to go for you, you die.

This is what an engagement should ideally look like:

Backline ------- Frontline ---- Front Line ------- Backline

This is where you should be:
CM --- Backline ------- Frontline ---- Front Line ------- Backline

This is where you usually are:
Backline ------- CM --- Frontline ---- Front Line ------- Backline

It's the same problem I see in your other replays, particularly the Storm ones, but the effect is magnified here because CM is 100% reliant on positioning and has 0 built in escapes like Storm does. You can get away with shoddy positioning on Storm because, hey, cooldownless Blink.

You cannot do that on CM.

Hylian7

I'm spectating you right now. I haven't been able to see much of the game but I saw one thing you're doing completely wrong.

Crystal Mage has an effective range of 1000.

Your positioning makes her look like a level 5 VS. You're always within swap range, hook range, or Blink range. If they ever decide to go for you, you die.

How is it possible to not be in those ranges then? I'm confused, is that what you're saying I'm doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom