• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Morph
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88

Zephyx

I never understand what people say when they say "position yourself better" I try to mimic what I see pros or better players do, and I try it and if I get anywhere close to a fight, I'm already dead basically. What am I missing here.

I haven't seen you play to say what's wrong or right with your positioning but I can say this: if you die once you enter a fight or without doing anything relevant, you are definitely positioning yourself wrong. I don't think it's also something you can imitate since (1) most of the time situational and (2) it's something you "get" the longer you play the hero or a role. Sure, you can watch pros or better players on how to play the hero or a role better but it's also something they developed over time. Experience is still the key here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How is it possible to not be in those ranges then? I'm confused, is that what you're saying I'm doing wrong?

That's just one area where you're really weak and haven't really improved since I first got on your case about positioning.

All of the enemy team moving in and out of vision around mid river and your jungle.
Your team is behind you.
Creep wave is pushing in.
What do you do?
You walked up to the creep wave in melee range and nova'd them.

If I was Centaur, VS, or Pudge and I was close enough, and there was no way for you to be sure I wasn't, you'd have died. Sure enough, the enemy team shows up after a few autos but luckily yours was there too so they didn't get a free kill.

(By the way, for some reason you jungle with Nova instead of Frostbite. I get that you want to save Frostbite for peel, but look at their team. It wasn't going to do shit to any one of them. If you're going to jungle unsafely on CM, you might as well do it properly and leverage Frostbite's 10 seconds on creeps instead of taking unnecessary damage. It deals ONE THOUSAND DAMAGE to creeps at all levels. Why the hell are you eating 400 HP worth of damage autoing the Hellbears?)

Hylian7

That's just one area where you're really weak and haven't really improved since I first got on your case about positioning.

All of the enemy team moving in and out of vision around mid river and your jungle.
Your team is behind you.
Creep wave is pushing in.
What do you do?
You walked up to the creep wave in melee range and nova'd them.

If I was Centaur, VS, or Pudge and I was close enough, and there was no way for you to be sure I wasn't, you'd have died. Sure enough, the enemy team shows up after a few autos but luckily yours was there too so they didn't get a free kill.

(By the way, for some reason you jungle with Nova instead of Frostbite. I get that you want to save Frostbite for peel, but look at their team. It wasn't going to do shit to any one of them. If you're going to jungle unsafely on CM, you might as well do it properly and leverage Frostbite's 10 seconds on creeps instead of taking unnecessary damage. It deals ONE THOUSAND DAMAGE to creeps at all levels. Why the hell are you eating 400 HP worth of damage autoing the Hellbears?)

Makes sense, I will try to improve on that.

Also I didn't realize that about Frostbite on creeps. I had never really researched jungle CM at all so I didn't know much about it.

EG Drinking game:

Drink every time they mention Sumail's age
Drink every time they mention Fear's age
Finish your drink every time they call Sumail a prodigy

Acinixys

Crystal Maiden is a terrible fucking hero. No idea why people like her, especially in a pub.

You would hate CM because you have to play so carefully with her

Youre use to heros like Storm and Pudge who can YOLO in all the time for kills

CM requires a very slow and careful approach to every engagement. And you need to make sure that all their stuns are used before you ulti with her

I dont really understand how that Techies got so fed though

30 kills with Daedalus and Mjollnir lol

Hylian7

You would hate CM because you have to play so carefully with her

Youre use to heros like Storm and Pudge who can YOLO in all the time for kills

CM requires a very slow and careful approach to every engagement. And you need to make sure that all their stuns are used before you ulti with her

I dont really understand how that Techies got so fed though

30 kills with Daedalus and Mjollnir lol

Techies and Pudge.

abunai

Black Ping Bar
Grants DDOS Immunity and 100% Packet Loss Resistance. Duration and cooldown decrease with each use. Some Ultimate abilities are able to disable through Black Ping Bar.
Duration: 10/9/8/7/6/5 seconds. Cost 3975 gold.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
good god... I just played a game with the biggest come back I've ever done... XD match ID is 1198560532 if anyone care to check it out

I was on Radiant as Witch Doctor laning bot with AM, we got Tiny mid, Jug and Sand King top. Dire got Axe and Ogre bot, DP mid, Huskar and Medusa top (Medusa disconnected for like the first 3 or 4 minutes of the game). their Axe came and cut the lane at bot early and I fed a few times trying to stop him. later on, they still have most of their towers while almost all of ours were down. hell, by the end only our bot rax and tower were left, everything else was gone and ancient was down to like 250 HP at one point. hell, we even called GG by then. but we manage to win a few fights and stay in the game, played it more carefully and finally won the game back.

I don't think I've ever had any other come backs like that XD so glad we didn't give up.

on a side note, what to do if you got an Axe coming to cut lane early and you have something like AM and WD at the lane? I handled that really bad

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Not saying Haly sucks, saying that CM sucks and basically has a good team to coordinate/carry him.

If those were all solo matches, the results would be completely different.

I went 10-6 in ranked solo q when I was playing that with CM.

Makes sense, I will try to improve on that.

Also I didn't realize that about Frostbite on creeps. I had never really researched jungle CM at all so I didn't know much about it.
+ haly's kind post

Try to make sure you have an idea about how a hero is played before you come in here crying up a fucking storm about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom