• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehm

Neo Member
Today LD said Puck hasn't been performing so great on the offlane and is not so viable anymore. Zai's plays against HR says otherwise. Just amazing and very worth watching it,

Chris R

Secret vs Big Dog was Resident Sleeper so I think you are better of downloading it later. No clue how to make them download faster, I think the replays are also stored on the Perfect World Servers so they have to go though China's shitty firewall. I think you can likely queue them all up to download at once and then just come back after 30 minutes.

I'll try downloading them again tonight but if it still takes forever to download a single game I'll just watch some youtube vods.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Woohoo I got my first ever drop from watching matches:

eB4tUMj.png

shame it was not a Team Secret/VG/C9 match :(

Quesa

That force staff is incredible. Not just in the "damn that was clutch" sense; the way he FSes him as he flies with the hook screams "Don't worry about me -- RUN!"

KingKong

I would have never expected EG to be 4-0 when they had to play (what I thought) were the three strongest Chinese teams, thats crazy. Maybe its true what IceIceIce said and its hard to do your best on a Chinese team when you know your roster is going to change after this

Chris R

After watching MMY! support morph I wanna try it now. Not sure about morphing full str with -1 armor left though..

Well, since you are going to have a ton of HP why not build something like blademail for starters so you have the mana to cast your stun and something to deter people from prioritizing you during team fights.

then you transition from support into radiance / heart / AC / ect and just laugh as everyone dies around you

Jex

After watching MMY! support morph I wanna try it now. Not sure about morphing full str with -1 armor left though..

Nah it's fine. In one game I even ended up building atos on support morph for even more HP, you can pretty much live through any kind of burst and still get your stun and nuke off. It's more the laning phase that's the problem, where he basically feels like a potato.

Well, since you are going to have a ton of HP why not build something like blademail for starters so you have the mana to cast your stun and something to deter people from prioritizing you during team fights.

then you transition from support into radiance / heart / AC / ect and just laugh as everyone dies around you

armor is always cheaper to buy than hp so if you don't like having no armor you can buy it

I could just keep some agi to have like 5 base armor + armor from tranquils. int from blademail is not where close to being enough I think. he needs that soul ring asap followed by blink and/or force staff.

fallout

for some reason i still haven't internalized all the western roster shuffles and keep thinking that rtz is playing for c9
They had a Zai interview up last night and I was like: "Oh yeah! He's playing for Team Secret now." Like, I had knowledge of the specifics of the shuffles and all, but there's been enough of it that I can't keep it all together in my head yet.

DAC record G/W/L/%
zGjWR4m.png

Correlation does not imply...

This record is less about the strength or weakness of the hero and more about the quality of play from the teams picking him.

The teams that are shitting the bed the most at DAC are the teams who keep picking Troll. If EG and Secret were the teams picking troll, the mothafucka would be 6-0 right now.

Fact.

Interesting results from the first day, I wonder if the western domination will continue.

Probably, yes. The best Eastern teams (Vici, Newbee, IG) have very real, very visible flaws in their overall play and understanding of the new meta. EG and Secret are on a different level, with C9 not far behind them.

If EG and Secret aren't in the Grand Finals, I'll be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom