• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

Acinixys

If you don't get Blink or Lothars as your first major item on Slark you're crippling your midgame tremendously

Yeah once I got blink (at like 35 mins) the game became easier

But I had to fight a super fat pudge and bloodseeker so i got damage first

C9 are so bad at this game. Run into rosh under a ward...

⋛⋋(
chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png
)⋌⋚

As horrendously as dreamleague started, second phase was really fun. Way more enjoyable than something like ESL, which was fucking sterile and dry imho. Reddit can go to hell with its "professionalism".

OMG, bane is so awesome. I had a few big
Plays in two different games. Skyrocketed to
My favorite character. I also got a warlock mystic set through someone's arcana. Pretty cool.

ViviOggi

Such a pain in the ass to carry publords who pick supports who can't do shit on their own thinking they're contributing by sitting on lanes for 20 minutes single pulling once in a blue moon and then cluelessly following random teammates for the rest of the game

signup.leagueoflegends.com

Meanwhile the enemy team has Venge, Ogerino and Rubick creating space left right and center

Such a pain in the ass to carry publords who pick supports who can't do shit on their own thinking they're contributing by sitting on lanes for 20 minutes single pulling once in a blue moon and then cluelessly following random teammates for the rest of the game

Meanwhile the enemy team has Venge, Ogerino and Rubick creating space left right and center

This is why I end up picking support in most of my games. Because so far, I either get a support who doesn't know what he's doing or nobody picks support and goes all hard carries.

sixghost

It's amazing how pub supports neglect smoke. No one below the highest levels of pub dota has the map awareness to avoid smoke ganks, yet no one ever buys them. You'd think the fact that there's a limit on how many you can buy would be enough of a hint that the item is super powerful.

inkls

It's amazing how pub supports neglect smoke. No one below the highest levels of pub dota has the map awareness to avoid smoke ganks, yet no one ever buys them. You'd think the fact that there's a limit on how many you can buy would be enough of a hint that the item is super powerful.

theres no limit to the amount of divine rapiers you can buy. checkmate.

This. I was playing last night, I believe I was bane. We were losing pretty badly, all T1 and T2 towers gone. I was reading through the items, came upon smoke and decided to purchase. Told team to group up in dire forest because that's where the radiant was headed. I popped smoke, we went in and killed all in a matter of seconds. We got a strong push and kept us in the game for another 30 mins. We still lost, but one smoke extended the game time greatly and gave the other team a hard time. Question: does smoke only work when the team is together? It seems if someone walks to far off they become visible.

inkls

This. I was playing last night, I believe I was bane. We were losing pretty badly, all T1 and T2 towers gone. I was reading through the items, came upon smoke and decided to purchase. Told team to group up in dire forest because that's where the radiant was headed. I popped smoke, we went in and killed all in a matter of seconds. We got a strong push and kept us in the game for another 30 mins. We still lost, but one smoke extended the game time greatly and gave the other team a hard time. Question: does smoke only work when the team is together? It seems if someone walks to far off they become visible.

It gets popped if you get near an enemy player.

sixghost

It gets popped if you get near an enemy player.

An enemy, a tower, or if someone attacks. You can use items and cast spells without breaking the smoke. Honestly, if you get in the habit of buying a smoke and ganking the mid right around 4 minutes when it's nighttime, you're already a better support than most players.

Kade

I lose every game and I'm not having a good time. I was so close to breaking 3K party MMR and 50% winrate but I'm back at 2700 and 47% again.

Might be time for another weeklong break or something. Life was simpler when my video card was broken.

An enemy, a tower, or if someone attacks. You can use items and cast spells without breaking the smoke. Honestly, if you get in the habit of buying a smoke and ganking the mid right around 4 minutes when it's nighttime, you're already a better support than most players.

Hmm good idea. I'm going to give this a try when I hop on later. Ideally, I would want to wait until the lane in mid is pushed toward my teams tower, no?

sixghost

Hmm good idea. I'm going to give this a try when I hop on later. Ideally, I would want to wait until the lane in mid is pushed toward my teams tower, no?

Yeah, that's ideal. The other way is to push the creep wave into their tower, then use your creeps to soak up the tower shots while you get the kill. If you have two people in the smoke and one in lane, you can almost always dive them under tower if that's what it takes. As long as you are able to get the first stun/slow.

It's because you can never get a couple people to stop jungling or sitting mid waiting for a team fight long enough to do something like a smoke gank.

It literally only works if you tell them you're want to smoke into Rosh because they all want to go in and fight over aegis.

RS4-

had some clown bitching about not having wards up a few games ago because they keep on getting dewarded.

Apparently he missed the memo where it's very easy for Zeus and Slark to deward.

And some other chump who put in zero points into ignite, tells me to dive a Lich and PA under their tower because they have no regen at level 4. Doesn't get ignite until level 8. Of course he dives and dies.

Kientin

Hey guys, I missed the Giant Bomb tournament GF. Anyone know where I can find a replay of that? I checked Hylian's page on hitbox and I'm not seeing a replay of it.

I buy them, but I can't people to group for them. I need to buy them and do more early game with them.

Hylian7

"Hey guys, lets smoke!"
*everyone keeps farming/doing whatever they were doing/going in without the smoke and feeding*

Might be useful by yourself depending on your hero but sadly if your team just won't cooperate it won't do much for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom