• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

I hope they buff the shit out of techies next patch so everyone sees that they're op as fuck, then when they nerf them back everyone will still think they're op and will actually want them on their team instead immediately saying "god pls no techies I beg of you"

Kard8p3

I hope they buff the shit out of techies next patch so everyone sees that they're op as fuck, then when they nerf them back everyone will still think they're op and will actually want them on their team instead immediately saying "god pls no techies I beg of you"

people who hate on that hero are plebs.

shira

Daily Black Friday sales on welovefine
AppArEl-890.jpg

https://twitter.com/welovefine/status/536761238781689856
http://www.welovefine.com/500-dota-2

Summary of sales

About 24 hours left for these sales

All shirts are on sale use code DOTATEESALE15 for 15% all tees

All big plushies are on sale 20%

Shagbark $36
Sniper $32
Blink dagger $21
Gave ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ $21

Hoodies 15-20% off

TI4 red hood $36
TI4 grey girls hood $36
Omni $38
Invoker $38
Witch Doctor $42
Jakiro $42
Riki $42
Pudge $42
Clinkz $38
Enigma $38

Sweaters 15-20% off

Shitty Wizard $47
Zaphk Radiant Women's $25
Support Women's $25
WR portrait Women's $25
CM Chibi Women's $25

Others

Lina bustier $28
Drow soccer $36
Axe soccer $36
Women's Leggings $23
Robobbin Leggings $23

JC Sera

Personally I'd rather techies over tusk or tinker on my team
I'm rather biased because I have a friends I play with who does a really good techies, always makes space and 90% of the time gets first blood

This craze for arcana is annoying. My team left bot to try and kill axe. We lost bot, fed axe and lost game. We ended up killing axe for the contract, but we lost so...

Oracle is a bit like Invoker really - he has so many goddamn options on what to do with his skills, and almost all of them are incredibly good, and so you can have a huge effect on the game even if you know only a few of his good combos or ways to use him.

Haunted

Oracle is a bit like Invoker really - he has so many goddamn options on what to do with his skills, and almost all of them are incredibly good, and so you can have a huge effect on the game even if you know only a few of his good combos or ways to use him.
I agree with this, and I think he's at least equally hard to play. What he lacks in APM requirements, he makes up for with his strategic options. Since every one of his spells is single target, analysing teamfights quickly and deciding which spell to cast on which hero makes him even harder to play in hectic moments compared to heroes with AoE spells, where you just point your reticule into the fray somewhere..

imo

Madouu

Did you play mid? Wouldnt the w be a better lvl 1 skill to take for the disarm and easy first wave domination?

It's probably better? I don't know, I would need to play a lot more oracle, I don't know much about the hero apart from how the basic combos work. My post was just a joke really, the main reason I got Q/E asap was because I wanted to practice that combo as much as possible, it's pretty fun.

I can also see maxing fate edict versus auto attack heroes being pretty good for the laning phase, although that will probably hinder your impact in the early-mid game a lot. 6 seconds disarm for 50 mana and a 12 seconds cooldown sounds awesome for straight 1v1s.

And yeah I was mid versus the PA which I zoned out pretty hard with Fortune's end into Purifying flames spam. The 3 seconds cooldown on purifying flames is ridiculous. That game went perfectly too, I got an 18 minutes sheep with urn, arcanes and bottle.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Peoples' hatred of Techies doesn't spawn from the kit of the hero being useless. I think it's proven that Techies can push incredibly well and they are probably the single best hero to turtle with to make an amazing comeback. The problem with Techies in pubs is that the only things they are useful for is 1. making a team they are on play 4v5 or 2. making the supports on the opposing team have the least fun it is possible to have while playing Dota.

Literally no good comes from having that hero in a game.

Can I get some advice and critique on this match? Much appreciated if I get some extra eyeballs on this game...especially leading up to late game and late game...

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1046281642. I was slark btw.

It's frustrating when you get a decent start and just fall apart late game. I know I probably made a ton of errors but I felt like I was snowballing properly and then they just steamrolled us. I thought I did a decent job shutting down PA but lo and behold....her GPM is still 600+...

inkls

Can I get some advice and critique on this match? Much appreciated if I get some extra eyeballs on this game...especially leading up to late game and late game...

It's frustrating when you get a decent start and just fall apart late game. I know I probably made a ton of errors but I felt like I was snowballing properly and then they just steamrolled us. I thought I did a decent job shutting down PA but lo and behold....her GPM is still 600+...

was bkb necessary? Their 2 biggest disables went through bkb and the rest was purgable.

lol

so guys always get the drums? any particular reason why? or is it just stats?

Well drums are a great early mid game item but like most items that are efficient with stats in terms of costs...it falls off heavily in the late game. If you are carrying, farming well, and plan on making an impact later in the game, you would then save up for more expensive late game items. However, if you are a hero that is strong in the early mid to mid game or if you are behind in farm, then drums is an excellent item to get stronger early game/ catch up to opposing team if they have a level/gold advantage early.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

50 minute game and you and Sniper failed to buy an MKB. That's your problem right there. Just in general PA and Spectre are going to outcarry Sniper and Slark late game so you guys just needed to try and end sooner.

50 minute game and you and Sniper failed to buy an MKB. That's your problem right there. Just in general PA and Spectre are going to outcarry Sniper and Slark late game so you guys just needed to try and end sooner.

Yeah I was trying to end it... I mean once I had SB... I was camping and farming their jungle or at least trying.. I'd rather not focus on what my teammates did since I can't control that...

Pratfall

Yeah I was trying to end it... I mean once I had SB... I was camping and farming their jungle or at least trying.. I'd rather not focus on what my teammates did since I can't control that...

Nothing you could do. Pugna is pretty worthless in a game like that if he isn't pushing down towers. And judging by his tower damage, he was not. They have one more core than you do, so they will win the long ones.

tho that spectre built BF so like who knows - DOTA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom