• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanius

provide a build and gameplan for me or a video that I can follow. I would like to try this in regular games

I usually go:

Soul Ring, Orb of Venom, Treads/Armlet (in the order you prefer), Heavens Halberd (the evasion is glorious and shuts down a carry), Mjollnir/SkullBasher, Assault Cuirass.

Points on Purification first, then analyze the lane, does it have magic damage? Then put points on Repel (one might suffice though), otherwise, focus on Purification/Degen Aura.
Farm up and stay in a lane with a support that has a stun. You usually jump first and start hammering them, the support stuns, and you finish with the Purification and in Early game this is devastating. If the support is not there, just play safe and spam Purifications on your creeps to farm with Soul Ring (If you are offlane and badly outlaned)

When everyone starts fighting together, just Repel yourself or the strongest carry, and go whack shit at them. Usually it starts with everyone ignoring you because "lol Omniknight" but then they see you are hiting fast due treads and Armlet of Morddigan and actually doing damage, then they panic, and then they die because you have healed yourself and killed everything in your proximity. When you feel it's safe midfight or out of mana to place a Purification, use Soul Ring.

Continue building your items, remember to always use the ultimate when you and the rest of the team are getting attacked. Never use it just to save yourself, otherwise it might go badly. Despite feeling invincible due the Heal, Invulnerability and Magic Resistance, remember that you aren't invincible, and play with your team.

This build also works very well:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1069880623 but instead of a Butterfly I would go for the HH again.

JC Sera

I'm gonna credit Alch's winrate dropping to idiots with more money than sense playing the hero because they got the shiny swords
VSgWAgp.png

Icefrog please buff Alchemist

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
my last calibration game i got land with a guy who picked alchemist and insisted i picked slardar, and then we got beaten really badly because alchemist isn't a hard carry and i really really suck at slardar

JC Sera

I love a lot of the alpha designs, hope we get to see a fair few more of the make a reappearance in future hats
I mean just look at elephant treant
VyENUlJ.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so is anybody else getting super long matchmaking times nowadays?

I'm talking like 10, 15 minutes or more before a match starts, in regular priority

inkls

I played last night with a SF saying he's mimicking RTZ. He completely sucked and he ended up 0-11 or something. I hate RTZ now.

I'm saying this because storm is my most played hero and i enjoy him alot. Now i wont be able to play him before someone else picks him or without having comments about only playing him because of sumail hype.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
First time I saw RTZ's Euls SF in DAC I told my mate:

have you started seeing euls sf in your games yet
because I think we're going to see it now

Sure enough, we're seeing it all the time now. And they all suck.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
If you have an old replay, watch it and see how much worse you used to be!

I used to have a super old replay saved where I was magnus and going to die to a Fatal bonds so I tried to Skewer to get back to the Fountain faster when I had less than 100 hp.

Funny to watch because I also went Shadowblade because blink was too complicated

PA seems super hard to win with lately for some reason, I always feel like I'm always a major item behind where I need to be.

It feels like playing Sven

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So we will tame the year beast this year.

Ether we get a Year Beast Courier, Year Beast hero, or its going to be a 5v5 game mode where you can get the Year Beast to work for your team though some trickery.

Ketch

Just finished watching DAC, been avoiding the thread to not be spoiled. But holy shit Sumail, that comeback storm, unreal.

edit: fucking fear, what a nerd with that trophy. So happy for him though. get fuk'd RTZai.

and Aui! lol at EE, u dumb.

shira

So we will tame the year beast this year.

Ether we get a Year Beast Courier, Year Beast hero, or its going to be a 5v5 game mode where you can get the Year Beast to work for your team though some trickery.

I think it would be cool if he was a new type of creep/ancient - or if you kill more Year Beast Roshans - Year Beast replaces megacreeps

Haly

I think Year Beast is just going to replace Roshan for a bit.

Haly

Whatever it is, it's not going to be a hat party, because they're suddenly very miserly with hats.

If it isn't a hat party, no one will play it because they've made it clear they have no idea how to create a fun, holiday game that gets played without offering hats.

Ergo, it must be something as trivial as using the Year Beast as a cameo.

Hylian7

First time I saw RTZ's Euls SF in DAC I told my mate:

Sure enough, we're seeing it all the time now. And they all suck.

Yep, it's so shit in pubs for a few reasons.

1. 90% of the time they farm that Euls, then just hunt around for those 1-shots. Either they get some, and don't do anything useful with it, or get none because the other team is smart.
2. Their team doesn't take advantage of the pickoffs with it, so many times you'll see pubs do this, where they're like "Oh our SF is getting fed, we are fine, there totes isn't an Anti-Mage that is still finding farm on the other team."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Diretide was legit fun and more or less ruined by idotic hat farmers. Valve though was clearly too blind to realize the best way to fix the mode was to just split up the Capture the flag mode and the fight roshan mode into two different games, and let the people who believe their unorganized group has a chance of getting a shiny Roshan's play in their own queue.

Damn, just outcarried an AM, Bristle and SK as duo offlane Death Prophet in an hour+ match. 20/3/22. and I bought all the wards because our support wasn't interested in doing so.

Still gud hero bros. Still gud hero. Itemization and item uses win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom