• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Slept too early to watch beginning of GF, went to work too early to catch ending of rebroadcast. I just wanna see the part where EG starts jumping around and stuff, if the cameras caught it.

Razzer

Just caught up, no chance to watch it live, but congrats EG.

I really didn't get to watch as much of DAC as I would have liked, but I enjoyed what I did see.

Its funny cause its true. Seems like they could even possibly have won TI4 if fear was healthy. Kicking mason was the truth

No doom , lifestealer, PA or omni? Straight to the trash it goes!

but there is an omni...look out for the bearded guy near the bottom

So Sumail can't ever get his hands on Storm, even you think ganking him early is the answer.

That last game was awesome.

GG EG!

14 mins bloodstone with 4 deaths... ;(

So Sumail can't ever get his hands on Storm, even you think ganking him early is the answer.

That last game was awesome.

GG EG!

I'm surprised they didn't ban it. Maybe they didn't review the tape on him or something. His highlight reel is mostly Storm Spirit, doing shit just like he did to VG.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
glad DAC is over so we can get back on the HYPE TRAIN TO DISAPPOINTMENTVILLE

CHOO CHOO

500px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

Hylian7

Why does everyone think there won't be a Year Beast fight game mode this year?

I don't know enough behind the scenes, but what is stopping them from recycling the minigame they used last year. They did say no new game modes, but nothing about old game modes.

Red UFO

I don't know enough behind the scenes, but what is stopping them from recycling the minigame they used last year. They did say no new game modes, but nothing about old game modes.
This seems like the safest assumption to me.

Zeknurn

>until the engine improvements come along.

SOURCE 2 UPDATE CONFIRMED

I would never expect Valve to release something in the second month of the year when they said it would come in "first half of 2015". October would be a more safe bet.

The blog post said that updating an already existing game mode to run on the current version of the game was as much job as creating a new mode. Which is why they didn't run old Diretide or Frostivus again.

Yeah, Source 2 won't be hitting until after TI, I'm sure. When it launches it will have problems 100%. And depending on those problems and how long it would take to fix them Valve wouldn't want to jeopardize TI and the qualies.

Next month there's GDC and they go on their annual holidays, which will leave April. And in May the TI qualies start...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Year Beast was probably the worst game mode of the bunch, so I don't really care that it's gone.

kvk1

I have been told, by a reliable inside source, that the next big patch will only be released when they unban Steve.

IceFrog is purportedly all about that Winwood life.

I don't know, I don't know if that's right.

Who knows? It's nebulose.

Quesa

I have been told, by a reliable inside source, that the next big patch will only be released when they unban Steve.

IceFrog is purportedly all about that Winwood life.

I don't know, I don't know if that's right.

Who knows? It's nebulose.

We can't take that risk. We can't release the steve

Hylian7

I would never expect Valve to release something in the second month of the year when they said it would come in "first half of 2015". October would be a more safe bet.

The blog post said that updating an already existing game mode to run on the current version of the game was as much job as creating a new mode. Which is why they didn't run old Diretide or Frostivus again.

Well then in that case maybe it's just "SURPRISE LOLOL WE TRICKED YOU". I mean why else would they show the Year Beast in the trailer.

inkls

Pls dont nerf storm ;_;

Also contrast from last year we got the fire hero phoenix and this year we get the ice hero

Edit: I hope someone makes an avatar pic of storm with his immortal. That would be amazing

Carlius

Banned
just saw the score. my god, eg 3-0, they are unstoppable. i am very very glad for fear, always thought he deserved to win something important and his hard work has finally paid off. good job old man. congrats to eg, now can we get navi back on track? its getting kind of embarassing to be a fan of them?

Zeknurn

Well then in that case maybe it's just "SURPRISE LOLOL WE TRICKED YOU". I mean why else would they show the Year Beast in the trailer.

They will reuse the Nemesis event but instead you will be killing targets to feed them to your tame Year Beast that you carry around in your brand new Tamagotchi. Other tamed creatures available are, but not limited to Roshan, Mud Golem, Hellbear Smasher, Donkey and SingSing.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
They will reuse the Nemesis event but instead you will be killing targets to feed them to your tame Year Beast that you carry around in your brand new Tamagotchi. Other tamed creatures available are but limited to Roshan, Mud Golem, Hellbear Smasher, Donkey and SingSing.

and the Kobold foreman

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i have an MMR now!

it's lower than you think!
900? I have seen some really low mmrs posted on reddit.

Also, I'm keeping hope alive for source 2. It's likely done and there is no reason to keep dragging their feet with it. They also showed off a custom game mode on the main stage of dac.

That, or they out sourced year beast mode to Perfect World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom