• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceptor

Ice3 also said in his AMA that he hasn't seen or heard from him since Black went back to his hotel room. Someone save him BibleThump.

This year's Year Beast event seems totally different? Unless I'm not remembering correctly. I remember you had to stack up on items and kite the beast and his attacks and focus his tail and horn?? And Necro and Troll were particularly good picks. And you could buy the now-implemented Crimson Guard and fireworks and stuff to stun it.

I'm reading it over and it sounds like regular Dota but with a strong ass monster on each team's side.

Quesa

Ice3 also said in his AMA that he hasn't seen or heard from him since Black went back to his hotel room. Someone save him BibleThump.

This year's Year Beast event seems totally different? Unless I'm not remembering correctly. I remember you had to stack up on items and kite the beast and his attacks and focus his tail and horn?? And Necro and Troll were particularly good picks. And you could buy the now-implemented Crimson Guard and fireworks and stuff to stun it.

I'm reading it over and it sounds like regular Dota but with a strong ass monster on each team's side.

Where can I see the description of the mode?

All Random huh? That is certainly an odd choice. I'm rarely ever in LPQ, but the last time I was in it I just played Ability Draft, guess that isn't an option anymore. However it does funnel all the LPQ into the same game mode, so that's a good thing.

All random was chosen so that people cant just afk nature.

Quesa

OH hey you got your name changed!

giphy.gif

I'm not really understanding how they can't just AFK farm anything really....And they still could get NP...

While you may still get Nature, it won't be every game where someone tps to a cliff and just auto attacks the creeps till the game ends with fairly little input from the player.

in 24 hours, WW, get's 2 different hero icons because Reddit made a post that didn't even get voted and Gyrocopter is still using his pre-model update icon that looks nothing like him...

Hylian7

While you may still get Nature, it won't be every game where someone tps to a cliff and just auto attacks the creeps till the game ends with fairly little input from the player.

I seriously doubt that is the entire reason, as you could find a way to do something like that with any hero.

Quesa

I seriously doubt that is the entire reason, as you could find a way to do something like that with any hero.

But why find those way when that's the first thing to come to mind, and also among the easiest. AR's going to make people think about the way they idle, and maybe some of those people will actually play the game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2vkmws/year_beast_info/coj589o

This comment reads like parody. It's almost too perfect to be real, and yet if you look at this guy's profile, he's either really dedicated or the real deal.

Hylian7

But why find those way when that's the first thing to come to mind, and also among the easiest. AR's going to make people think about the way they idle, and maybe some of those people will actually play the game.

That only covers really a fraction of LPQers though. I mean, some LPQers take the mindset of "Well, it's LPQ, it doesn't matter. I'm awful at Meepo, time to play Meepo."

woodland

Thank god for those LPQ changes. Computer started crashing for the first time a few months ago, got it fixed, and it stopped until yesterday. Got 8 LPQ games as punishment and had worked my way down to 2, and then my PC crashed again and it was up to 11.

Thank you Valuve ;'(

manfestival

i just had one of my best drafts in ability draft and i made the stupid mistake of playing before my boss was gone for the day and had to quit... sigh

shira

Thank god for those LPQ changes. Computer started crashing for the first time a few months ago, got it fixed, and it stopped until yesterday. Got 8 LPQ games as punishment and had worked my way down to 2, and then my PC crashed again and it was up to 11.

Thank you Valuve ;'(

You don't understand how unplayable things are going to be. They basically let all the inmates out knowing that there is a % chance said inmates will buy the Arcana or buy points.

What is preventing some asshole from feeding 20 couriers and then abandoning? 25 minutes in ARDM?

Shit will be literally unplayable all weekend.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You don't understand how unplayable things are going to be. They basically let all the inmates out knowing that there is a % chance said inmates will buy the Arcana or buy points.

What is preventing some asshole from feeding 20 couriers and then abandoning? 25 minutes in ARDM?

Shit will be literally unplayable all weekend.

You can't play ARDM, you can only play All Random in LPQ now.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
what are those arrows that appear when arteezy is casting abilities like shrapnel

is there a setting to turn those on

Hylian7

what are those arrows that appear when arteezy is casting abilities like shrapnel

is there a setting to turn those on

dota_disable_range_finder 0

I use it too, basically for many targeted skills, it shows a green line from your hero to the cursor, if it's bright green you are in range, dims if not, and the red line shows how much closer you need to be to be in range. Really useful for stuff like Pudge hook if you ever have that moment of "Can I make that from here? I'm not entirely sure."

Some skills like Mirana arrow just show the arrow in the direction it will fly and don't indicate the range at all.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
dota_disable_range_finder 0

I use it too, basically for many targeted skills, it shows a green line from your hero to the cursor, if it's bright green you are in range, dims if not, and the red line shows how much closer you need to be to be in range. Really useful for stuff like Pudge hook if you ever have that moment of "Can I make that from here? I'm not entirely sure."

Some skills like Mirana arrow just show the arrow in the direction it will fly and don't indicate the range at all.

oh

that seems kind of op

Hylian7

I'm still surprised that thing isn't one of the checkboxes in the options yet. It's been there ever since early beta back in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom