• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risible

I would like to chime in this applies to item builds too. If there is a really obvious short coming in a person skillset, they likely are better then you in other skills if they are being matched with you after 2k games played.

I agree with you.

That being said, I've had quite a few games where the person playing says "I just started playing, go easy on me guys." I know I'm shit-tier and all, but why on earth am I being paired with new players?

Hylian7

I see a team that looks like it was full of the pub anti-farm mentality.

Storm's farm is pretty bad and he even went Arcane Boots...c'mon son. You can always point out a bad storm by if they go Arcane Boots.

I think poor BlyatCyka's team just let him down there.

Edit: I should clarify, it looks like the supports did fine, and did their jobs. Just LC and Storm were kind of deadweight.

Hylian7

welp, just blame noob supports tbh at that point.

I'm gonna guess it was definitely the other cores not pulling their weight there. Orchid BKB Storm at 48 minutes with Arcane Boots? I'm sure Storm's zip-ins ended up in him pulling someone for someone else to do the work and he contributed like nothing else.

Legion Shadow Blade with no BKB...c'mon son.

I'm probably right, as the supports output more hero damage than Storm or LC did there.

inkls

I'm gonna guess it was definitely the other cores not pulling their weight there. Orchid BKB Storm at 48 minutes with Arcane Boots? I'm sure Storm's zip-ins ended up in him pulling someone for someone else to do the work and he contributed like nothing else.

I'm probably right, as the supports output more hero damage than Storm or LC did there.

it was a joke. Prat was playing support disruptor. Ofc im gonna say it was the support's fault regardless of how well they played.

Pratfall

you would be correct. all we needed to win fights was warlock or omni killed before they could ulti and we never ever got the jump on them, very frustrating. both LC and storm sounded pretty high so WHATEVER WHO CARES LMFAO

Hylian7

you would be correct. all we needed to win fights was warlock or omni killed before they could ulti and we never ever got the jump on them, very frustrating. both LC and storm sounded pretty high so WHATEVER WHO CARES LMFAO

Yep, Radiance didn't lose BS the game, his teammates did.

Also was this Storm a result of Sumail I wonder? I can't wait to see all the Storms that think they need Arcane Boots.

inkls

Yep, Radiance didn't lose BS the game, his teammates did.

Also was this Storm a result of Sumail I wonder? I can't wait to see all the Storms that think they need Arcane Boots.

Nope. He also use the 3 points in vortex first build, so def not sumail storm. Some storm players (like dendi) go arcanes on storm to rush a bloodstone, but i dunno if he gave up on that and based on the void stone i'd say he either was trying to go for the old buildup for bloodstone or he was going for something else like a linken's or sheep.

xanavi

I know I'm late to this, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents..

I feel like wyvern's much better as a defensive support in a trilane and maxing splinter blast first is optimal.

Burn is only about 146 pure damage to a 550 hp hero and once you use it at level 1 you're useless for 44 seconds or until you hit level 2. I think you're liable to just end up flat out losing the lane before you even reach level 5 if you put more than one point into it early because the uptime is so poor and without spells the hero kind of sucks.

Wyvern's got an attack range on par with huskar and attack damage that's lower than just about every support besides cm. Coupled with her 285 movespeed good luck trading hits with any other ranged supports in lane.

With splinter blast it's difficult to use this offensively without a setup because it travels so slowly but defensively it'll be available whenever your opposing trilane tries something. When you cast it either forces the enemy to split off heroes or get slowed and damaged so it's perfect for diffusing aggression.

Cold embrace is also best use defensively early on but since the heal is percentage based it's really only useful as a ghost scepter that roots you in place. Definitely a one-point-only skill until both her other skills are maxed or you've got some freak-beast of a hero with a huge hp pool early.

Pratfall

Nope. He also use the 3 points in vortex first build, so def not sumail storm. Some storm players (like dendi) go arcanes on storm to rush a bloodstone, but i dunno if he gave up on that and based on the void stone i'd say he either was trying to go for the old buildup for bloodstone or he was going for something else like a linken's or sheep.

he had no clue what was happening, got owned mid and then just wandered around doing nothing while we had to combat a 15 minute aghs on qop

'Like many teams, Immediately rushed to refuse' sounds amusing to me. You refused to it says, was it a similar reason?
I mean we had bigger issues with their plans such as them originally requesting teams to commit to multiple seasons in order to be allowed to take part in the "world championship" etc.

But yeah the travel support is really poor compared to the standard other tournaments are up to now.

Quesa

Gonna have to start calling people FALs more often

Ice T saying Kotaku is kind of surreal for some reason.

Those memes they made aren't even funny

RedChan is a good fucking name

"That's my son, he's away at college!" "DOES HE PLAY VIDEO GAMES"

Yes first person shot

"Were you camping back there?" "Yeah I know, bad form but effective." Ice T goddammit

The ending was actually really bleak :(

This has been your liveblog of a youtube video by ya boi Quesa like subscribe im bored at work

A Bloodseeker that snowballs and has enough to buy a radiance wont get blown up.

I've seen 13-minute radiance bloodcykas get fucked up midgame because they have no surviability.

I feel like wyvern's much better as a defensive support in a trilane and maxing splinter blast first is optimal.

Burn is only about 146 pure damage to a 550 hp hero and once you use it at level 1 you're useless for 44 seconds or until you hit level 2. I think you're liable to just end up flat out losing the lane before you even reach level 5 if you put more than one point into it early because the uptime is so poor and without spells the hero kind of sucks.

Wyvern's got an attack range on par with huskar and attack damage that's lower than just about every support besides cm. Coupled with her 285 movespeed good luck trading hits with any other ranged supports in lane.

With splinter blast it's difficult to use this offensively without a setup because it travels so slowly but defensively it'll be available whenever your opposing trilane tries something. When you cast it either forces the enemy to split off a heroes or get slowed and damaged so it's perfect for diffusing aggression.

Cold embrace is also best use defensively early on but since the heal is percentage based it's really only useful as a ghost scepter that roots you in place. Definitely a one-point-only skill until both her other skills are maxed or you've got some freak-beast of a hero with a huge hp pool early.
+1 to all of this.

she's a 5 support, clear as day. and definitely best in a trilane scenario. She can provide nice harass on melee carries as offlane support in a 2-1-2 lane setup if you buy a bottle or soul ring. that W does a shit ton of damage. to that end, she could also be quite acceptable as the only safe lane support if the enemy offlaner is someone like tide or clock. Otherwise, they'll have to be on point with the Q's and W's to keep the safe carry safe.

Aselith

Ok guys I get this whole doxxing thing BUT WHAT DOES SWATTING MEAN. All I saw was a swat team coming into someone's apartment almost as if someone called them. I can't figure this one out.

Hylian7

Ehh, don't really like Arcanes storm myself. I think at least 2 Vortex before you max overload is good, then 3 before maxing Remnant.

Lots of people misunderstand why people get Treads over Arcanes on Storm. It's for the attack speed. It's always super important to get an attack between every spell if possible, and Treads enables this, this way 90% of your damage comes from Overload procs.

I usually find myself going Bloodstone after Orchid, makes for much more useful zips, as I can usually get Orchid in 15-18 minutes. So many times in games after a Rosh or something, I can easily make the long zip and get the lone support or carry depending on who it is by myself.

huh
I game I played like 30 minutes ago still not showing up on dotabuff or in game histroy...
It only said at the end of the match that "due to server overload drops will be blahbalh" then i clicked close but it said the game is still going but is safe to leave.....
Oh and "restoring dota2 network connection" was there too.

Ok guys I get this whole doxxing thing BUT WHAT DOES SWATTING MEAN. All I saw was a swat team coming into someone's apartment almost as if someone called them. I can't figure this one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GurS7JI_1Kk

some disgruntled c-unit will call the police in the local area of the victim, claim that the victim has hostages and might be killing them, heavily armed etc.

That person is then raided by SWAT. Thankfully, nothing has happened, but it doesn't take much for things to go wrong.

Quesa

That's it, basically. Someone calls a swat team to someone's house under false pretenses. More info at, well, Kotaku!

some disgruntled c-unit will call the police in the local area of the victim, claim that the victim has hostages and might be killing them, heavily armed etc.

That person is then raided by SWAT. Thankfully, nothing has happened, but it doesn't take much for things to go wrong.

when they start swatting black and brown people, shit will go wrong.

Quesa

Can someone in the test client (i uninstalled it) confirm that techies' lines map to the appropriate techie instead of all lines coming from both squee and spleen?

Hylian7

Having guys break down your door and point a gun at your head sounds like something went wrong.

Low Tier
they leveled up boys roflmaooo

women dont belong in video gaems silly boysssss

bruh i just camped him irl xxxSuperSaiyan3IceTxxx

hahah shotgun trap and gangrape is synonymous to gamers according to kotaku

literally demonizing the video game industry to the public eye and now they're offended? Fuck kotaku

Hylian7

dont get me wrong, that sounds utterly horrific.

But you do hear some abhorrent stories of SWAT just firing first/no knock raids/throwing flashbangs into cots.

Yeah, absolutely.

Also that Law & Order video....wtf...

I understand what they were going for, but a lot of it had me like "....really?"

bbd23

oh em gee give the patch volvo i need my arcana activated

Players in Low Priority are only allowed to play All Random games (Coop bot games are also no longer allowed)
Maximum Low Priority penalty reduced from 16 to 5 games
Reduced the rate that reports become available by 50%
Pets no longer give away the fact that you have truesight, they continue to act as if they can’t see an invisible hero even if they are revealed
Fixed various pathing/targeting related bugs
Fixed Winter's Curse not being sticky on the targets it affects
Fixed Exorcism Spirits being forced to attack during Winter's Curse
Fixed Secondary Projectile speed on Splinter Blast
Fixed another case where an enemy with only Winter's Curse debuff could deny an ally
Winter's Curse affects Spell Immune units fully instead of just partially
Fixed Arctic Burn affects Spell Immune units (buff remains on but does nothing)
Fixed Secondary Targets on Splinter Blast proccing Linken's Sphere
Updated Winter Wyvern Hero Icon

shira

OMJESUS CHRIST MUH 1000 MMR GAMES VOLVO PLZ
nope.gif

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE FUCK THIS SHIT

Hylian7

Players in Low Priority are only allowed to play All Random games (Coop bot games are also no longer allowed)
Pets no longer give away the fact that you have truesight, they continue to act as if they can’t see an invisible hero even if they are revealed
Fixed another case where an enemy with only Winter's Curse debuff could deny an ally

All Random huh? That is certainly an odd choice. I'm rarely ever in LPQ, but the last time I was in it I just played Ability Draft, guess that isn't an option anymore. However it does funnel all the LPQ into the same game mode, so that's a good thing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

image.php

God I'm so glad you can't pause the fucking game after it started any more. Picking Sniper or Drow (Best hero) drives the enemy team into picking PA in 9 out of 10 games. It's so infuriating.

Vade

Excellent my stockpile of reports will be pleased

Fee

I didn't notice this in the test client yesterday when i was checking out WW, are there any more details out there on what the points actually do?

HLYDyId.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I didn't notice this in the test client yesterday when i was checking out WW, are there any more details out there on what the points actually do?

HLYDyId.png
You will use them to upgrade the stats and abilities of your team's year beast. You get the points back after each game though. Mode should launch some time next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom