• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

In the almost month the system has been in place I have yet to see even one drop for ANYONE in any game I've been in

This system sucks. Don't try to suger coat it. It's awful. The system may as well not even exist. The rate is so absurdly low it doesn't make up for dropping sets at all.

I have played over 60 games + since the item drop change

And Ive seen 1 set drop

If it carries on this way it seems you get a set every 40 - 60 hours of playing

Aselith

And Ive seen 1 set drop

I don't even think that's correct. I've played 121 games since 6.82c according to dotabuff. I assume that's the patch that changed it right? And I don't believe I've had any sets drop.

Zeknurn

Absolutely destroy mid, gank both lanes with success, win early game..... Watch on as three idiots get caught in a Chrono each team fight 4 times in a row. Lose game.

I wish I could play with bots instead.

edit: The second game I played I absolutely wrecked everything as TA mid but this time I had an Io and a Shadow Demon that did the greatest plays. What a difference it makes when you got two people capable of not getting caught in chrono. If only all games were like this. We still had a Russian Ursa that got angry when people didn't dive and die with him but he luckily went afk jungle at like 8 minutes until 25 minutes which made our team fights much easier.

Here's the Dotabuff. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1051060652

I know the TA god thinks that Yasha is better but I prefer Blink anyway.

Acinixys

Just played the most frustrating, horrible game of my life

Versus a Tinker using macros and the instant hex hack

Holy fuck

I didnt realize how 100% pathetic it is untill right now

The amount of times I blinked onto tinker only to be instantly hexed, even when he was facing AWAY from me, was amazing

We got destroyed for the first hour due to Tinkers bullshit

Really hope he gets VAC banned or something because cancer like this needs to die

FACE

Banned

Holy fuck

The amount of times I blinked onto tinker only to be instantly hexed, even when he was facing AWAY from me, was amazing

Really hope he gets VAC banned or something because cancer like this needs to die

And he still lost
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member

Holy fuck

Don't professional Dota 2 players also use instant/real_time recorded macros on their keyboards and mouse?

Especially those Invokers...

Haunted

Holy fuck

Maybe he just had godlike reflexes.

I didn't even know something like that was a thing in Dota.

Chen is not fine.

The pushing meta got shit on and his new Aghs ult isn't strong enough to justify buying the item. Teams can't win because of Chen; they win in spite of Chen. Being able to enchant Ancients was a good start, but I think Chen-enchanted Ancients need some sort of stats/damage/movespeed buff of some kind. Maybe even passive auto-attack abilities like attack speed slows or maim or auras. They're just pathetic atm and so is he.

Chen's Aghanim's upgrade - Now triples the attack damage of any creep captured.

May be overkill, 2x might be more balanced.

Zeknurn

I wish there was a way to force an abandon on someone that's ruining a game. I shouldn't be forced to sit around for 30+ minutes just because someone decides to throw a fit at 5 minutes in because he gets destroyed by an Ember Spirit as Pudge.

and yeah that Ember Spirit got a 18 minute Rapier.

Jebusman

Banned
The issue is there is no good way to autodetect it without there inevitably being a false positive.

And a manual solution would just be abused by 4 stacks labeling the 5th player as the issue.

The best thing to do is attempt positive reinforcement and try and rally some hope into them. That or AFK farm jungle and ask for a quick finish.

And Ive seen 1 set drop

Not sure how many I've played, but I've seen 3 or 4 non-event drops. A couple of sets and one of the new chests dropped. Definitely low.

I used to be super against any type of abandon and was very adamant in keeping my abandons at 0. but after getting multiple losses in games I won because of network issues( even was put in LPQ for it- only took one game in ranked ). I honestly stopped giving a shit. I don't do it often but nowadays if I'm in particularly bad games where my team has been rolled/is bickering/doesn't bother even fighting back and just going through the motions while the enemy team lengthens the game by farming kills... I just politely excuse myself In chat and take the abandon..(I have 10 or so in like 1200 games... Half were wins being counted as losses because of network problems)...I'm not going to be vigilant with not abandoning if the system punishes me for issues beyond my control.

Snowdrift

Most of the Chen aghs upgrade suggestions deal with creeps, but I would much rather have a larger heal, even if it means the cd is still 120s. His ultimate has the exact same problem as Mek, in that after about 30 minutes a 250 and 200/300/400 heal really isn't much. It buys each player maybe 5 extra seconds in a teamfight.

Its ridiculous to me that a Bloodstone, for nearly the same amount of gold, is a more effective heal late game than Chen's ultimate with aghs. Granted, Chen would have to die or commit suicide, but more likely than not, in a post 30 minute fight, you are going to die, even with exceptional positioning.

I think you just have to accept that Chen's creeps are going to tail off near the end of the game and instead of giving him ancients, make aghs upgrade spells that he can reliably get off.

Other support heroes are much more effective with aghs than Chen is.

I have played some Chen games as well. Chen with Mek + Aghs is very good IMO.

Meaning you can give a 250 - 400 heal every 15-20 sec untill you are OOM. Very good for pushing.

Zeknurn

The issue is there is no good way to autodetect it without there inevitably being a false positive.

And a manual solution would just be abused by 4 stacks labeling the 5th player as the issue.

The best thing to do is attempt positive reinforcement and try and rally some hope into them. That or AFK farm jungle and ask for a quick finish.

Positive reinforcement never works. They will start flaming you as well.

I used to be super against any type of abandon and was very adamant in keeping my abandons at 0. but after getting multiple losses in games I won because of network issues( even was put in LPQ for it- only took one game in ranked ). I honestly stopped giving a shit. I don't do it often but nowadays if I'm in particularly bad games where my team has been rolled/is bickering/doesn't bother even fighting back and just going through the motions while the enemy team lengthens the game by farming kills... I just politely excuse myself In chat and take the abandon..(I have 10 or so in like 1200 games... Half were wins being counted as losses because of network problems)...I'm not going to be vigilant with not abandoning if the system punishes me for issues beyond my control.

The problem with this method is that you're giving the bad people a get out of jail free card. You take the hit while they get off scot free.

The best is however when they go afk and you manage to postpone the game long enough for them to get an abandon. Feels better than winning an even match of Dota 2.

Thinking about it. Punishing players for having not fun and wanting to leave is very backwards gamedesign. I wish they would figure out a way to solve it. Whatever happen to having bots sub in for people that leave?

inkls

lol, thanks.

I have 6 abandons in total. All 6 were due to my pc crashing and having an issue that prevented me from going back in game. Never got into LPQ.

I'm surprised you don't mute your team if their bickering annoys you that much. Honestly though, I like to motivate myself to not abandon by watching comeback videos.

Here's my "never give up, never surrender" playlist:

I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!

CHAOS DUNK

The Last Rax

UNBREAKABLE 2

No Retreat! No Surrender!

Never give up

Also a baserace because why not?

The problem with this method is that you're giving the bad people a get out of jail free card. You take the hit while they get off scot free.

The best is however when they go afk and you manage to postpone the game long enough for them to get an abandon. Feels better than winning an even match of Dota 2.

Thinking about it. Punishing players for having not fun and wanting to leave is very backwards gamedesign. I wish they would figure out a way to solve it. Whatever happen to having bots sub in for people that leave?

My time is more important than enforcing Valve's system at this point, especially since I've been punished unfairly multiple times. I'd rather just move on to the next match. If they're using bad language, they get muted and/or reported. They'll end up in LPQ either way.

lol, thanks.

I have 6 abandons in total. All 6 were due to my pc crashing and having an issue that prevented me from going back in game. Never got into LPQ.

I'm surprised you don't mute your team if their bickering annoys you that much. Honestly though, I like to motivate myself to not abandon by watching comeback videos.

CHAOS DUNK

The Last Rax

UNBREAKABLE 2

Never give up

One of those network abandons was in ranked (we were stomping the other team)...you automatically go into LPQ for even one.

I don't have a problem with bad language ...it's moreso when it's bickering + the team has given up (not even thinking about taking some type of objective- just prolonging the experience).

Bad7667

Had a game last night where I was a noob invoker for not ganking either lane. The problem was top had a broodmother who was 6-0 less than 10 min into the game because no one bought sentries. And bottom was a tri lane with a techies that wasn't on the map for the first 5 minutes, minning the jungle.

2 questions

Why do people buy midas then want to take team fights 10 mins later? Makes no sense.

Also, Is there a new ember build I'm not aware of because it seems like almost every ember completely skips searing chains in favour of sleight of fists. And I can't understand why anyone would want to do less damage and have zero disable.

ViviOggi

My time is more important than enforcing Valve's system at this point, especially since I've been punished unfairly multiple times. I'd rather just move on to the next match. If they're using bad language, they get muted and/or reported. They'll end up in LPQ either way.
You don't go LP for communication abuse though, you just get muted (which punishes the people who have to play with them more tbh)

You don't go LP for communication abuse though, you just get muted (which punishes the people who have to play with them more tbh)

You're right about the punishment...my mistake they don't go into LPQ...I just get the notification when I report people.

I played with a muted person once (partied up- was someone my friend had played with prior). We lost and after the game in party chat he fired up some outlandish racist diatribe. Given what he said, I don't think him communicating in game would've made the situation any better.

inkls

One of those network abandons was in ranked (we were stomping the other team)...you automatically go into LPQ for even one.

I don't have a problem with bad language ...it's moreso when it's bickering + the team has given up (not even thinking about taking some type of objective- just prolonging the experience).

Like I said, Its all about motivation. In the first video I linked the guy's teammate flame eachother, yet they still pull through.

I had a Storm Spirit game a few days ago with our team being Storm, Luna, Disruptor, Sniper, Vengeful Spirit VS PA, Undying, LC, Juggernaut, Necro.

Vs that lineup our Luna got no Mkb, got bkb (look at how many of their ults she blocked...), and was building towards an aghs. Our disruptor was muted and he and venge got caught out of position so many times. Sniper was the only one remotely smart and built an mkb.

I ended up 24/2 and we won. With assists I participated in like 75% of my team's kills and the score had only 2-3 kills in difference in the end so imagine without me the score my team had. We had no chance late game vs their lineup, and my team never communicated and kept diving Undying early giving him nice triple kills.

If you're worried about your team, play snowballing heroes, splitpushers, and/or big teamfight heroes like Enigma, Doom, Tidehunter, sand king, etc.

If your team is a set variable like you set them out to be, then pick in accordance to what they lack. If they can't push, get a pushing hero.

Like I said, Its all about motivation. In the first video I linked the guy's teammate flame eachother, yet they still pull through.

I had a Storm Spirit game a few days ago with our team being Storm, Luna, Disruptor, Sniper, Vengeful Spirit VS PA, Undying, LC, Juggernaut, Necro.

Vs that lineup our Luna got no Mkb, got bkb (look at how many of their ults she blocked...), and was building towards an aghs. Our disruptor was muted and he and venge got caught out of position so many times. Sniper was the only one remotely smart and built an mkb.

I ended up 24/2 and we won. With assists I participated in like 75% of my team's kills and the score had only 2-3 kills in difference in the end so imagine without me the score my team had. We had no chance late game vs their lineup, and my team never communicated and kept diving Undying early giving him nice triple kills.

If you're worried about your team, play snowballing heroes, splitpushers, and/or big teamfight heroes like Enigma, Doom, Tidehunter, sand king, etc.

If your team is a set variable like you set them out to be, then pick in accordance to what they lack. If they can't push, get a pushing hero.

Flaming each other by itself is ok as long as it's constructive and not overly toxic. I'm talking about when the team as a whole has lost early game and just at this point is afraid to die (no offense...don't push.. just dance around towers while the enemy team systematically takes objectives- it's especially maddening as a support player - I'll buy smokes/wards etc... nothing). I stick it out through games for the most part as long as people have a semblance of wanting to win. I have 10 total abandons (about half were due to network issues) so it's not like I'm leaving after first blood. But I'm not going to will a team to win if they can't do it themselves.

Also, I pretty much pick last for the most part and generally play teamfight support (a role I loathe in general but one that no one plays).

inkls

Flaming each other by itself is ok as long as it's constructive and not overly toxic. I'm talking about when the team as a whole has lost early game and just at this point is afraid to die (no offense...don't push.. just dance around towers while the enemy team systematically takes objectives- it's especially maddening as a support player - I'll buy smokes/wards etc... nothing). I stick it out through games for the most part as long as people have a semblance of wanting to win. I have 10 total abandons (about half were due to network issues) so it's not like I'm leaving after first blood. But I'm not going to will a team to win if they can't do it themselves.

Also, I pretty much pick last for the most part and generally play teamfight support (a role I loathe in general but one that no one plays).

Well? With that team what supports would be appropriate do you think? Shadow Shaman can push, Dazzle is a good anti-retard hero, etc.

Have you tried asking for a role at the hero selection? I usually do that and if the rest of my team says its ok I often get the lane I asked. Like I said earlier, you can complement your team. If you did your job and they still fail, its not on you. I've had games we won where we had no support and I had to buy/upgrade the courier when playing mid/safelane carry.

Well? With that team what supports would be appropriate do you think? Shadow Shaman can push, Dazzle is a good anti-retard hero, etc.

Have you tried asking for a role at the hero selection? I usually do that and if the rest of my team says its ok I often get the lane I asked. Like I said earlier, you can complement your team. If you did your job and they still fail, its not on you. I've had games we won where we had no support and I had to buy/upgrade the courier when playing mid/safelane carry.

I have this problem where I hate playing support but I don't trust random people to play support.. But that's a different discussion and quite frankly this one has veered off what I originally posted which was I no longer care much for preserving my low abandon rate.

were drops nerfed again or something?

I haven't had anything drop since the patch. I'd rather have the old drop system back even if I get mostly common stuff. Or hell, how about just make it so that you see a progress bar to your next drop? I don't know why Valve feels the need to hide it. It's not like when it drops, you're guaranteed an arcana. Most of the drops that I've seen posted have been just your typical common sets. At least that way you know you're working towards getting something.

kvk1

lol, thanks.

CHAOS DUNK

The Last Rax

UNBREAKABLE 2

Never give up

Alternatively if these are too long just watch this:

http://youtu.be/KxGRhd_iWuE

Instant 200-500 MMR boost.

Status