• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

EE went blink dagger Void the other day in a competitive game.

Wouldn't hear the end of it if he was playing with Hylian.

sad.gif

Reporting back from visage game. Had an ember and centaur vs a brood, neither of them knew how to clear out spiders. Also had a morph who used wave to farm and then flamed me when i went to ward and broodmother right clicked him to death.

DarkKyo

Won the iceiceice Invoker set and Silencer Tribunal set from contracts today.

Been a good day!

I've been having the absolute worst luck with this event. Pretty much every single game I kill my contract as PA and then my team just crumbles apart due to terrible team make-up(like 4-5 carries -- this has happened twice today) or playstyle/skill level. Then in the rare games my scrublord team of random foreign players actually win and I kill my contract nothing drops. It's so unbelievably frustrating.

Hylian7

Pudge is so awful. You will have an overfarmed enemy mid by 10 minutes in 9 ouf of 10 cases.

I love playing against Pudge. If Mid doesn't get ganked constantly and the game goes beyond 40 minutes it's basically 5v4.

Hylian incoming in 3... 2... 1...

pudge sucks

and the tinker nerf hit him hard

hylian youre wrong

EE went blink dagger Void the other day in a competitive game.

Wouldn't hear the end of it if he was playing with Hylian.

sad.gif

Pudge is like Storm is many ways

Snowball or become a walking gold factory for the enemy team

The key to pudge is not going mid.

All of you please go.

I honestly think roaming support pudge is the better way to go if your name is not Dendi.
That actually is not bad if you aren't confident with your Pudge mid game.

im gonna go find that post where i said omni, ogre, and pa were going to be the toppest of top tier this patch

granted ive said that the last like 4 patches

but this time im right

I absolutely loathe playing Invoker, but I need to power through so I can get on with my all hero challenge. I've lost a bit of momentum without a goal to work towards.

Acinixys

pls acinixys, pls. Storm doesn't need to snowball. Also theres a thing called ball lightning if you're scared of dying...

I have played with so many Storms who farm like shit and then are useless all game

Same with Pudge. Gets 6 and then AFKs in lane hoping for a hook and then MISSING EVERY ONE

q_q

I absolutely loathe playing Invoker, but I need to power through so I can get on with my all hero challenge. I've lost a bit of momentum without a goal to work towards.
I feel you. Just got past brood after five tries. That hero is so easy to counter its not even funny. Not looking forward to having to play invoker or meepo either.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel you. Just got past brood after five tries. That hero is so easy to counter its not even funny. Not looking forward to having to play invoker or meepo either.

Brood is a great pick in Random Draft though, since you can ether pick it near the end and not get counter picked, or see ahead of time if none of her major counters are in the pool.

Acinixys

I had to play 7 games to win with Slark

Now I have Meepo

Not even once

This Rek’Sai champ in League sounds like some of the really old versions of Sand King.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/champion-reveal/reksai-the-void-burrower

The Burrow mechanic is long gone from Dota, though Icefrog has said like 2 years ago he planned to bring the Burrowing Bug Summon back at some point.

How long has Riot been stating who the individual Champ designers are?

Its something they did in the past year, although you can go on some of the wikis and find out who designed most of them (any of the really awful old ones were usually done by Guinsoo or Shurelia, neither of whom is still there). Actually most of the older bad champ designers are gone. Now they have new bad champ designers.

Manus

Just rush Eul's and use it with a combo meteor. Combo hits hard and easy to do. I feel like that's the best way to learn and pickup Invoker if you're new with him.

ViviOggi

9 losses in a row. 2.5% winrate and ~300 party MMR declines. I am cursed.
My party MMR went to shit too the past couple of days. Last match some random thought it was a good idea to play first time Techies in ranked and one of my buddies picked roaming Bara.

But party MMR's meaningless so whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom