• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporak

They're not even trying anymore.

I once heard a theory to explain this sort of behavior as a filtering mechanism on the scammers part, getting rid of people that they are unlikely to get money out of. Since scams target an absolutely massive amount of people but have only finite time to scam, if they make the first step in them incredibly obvious then the people who still get tricked in that first step are worth paying attention to as they have a good chance of getting money out of them.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1050146348

I love Axe when I get good farm. Helps that it was a low-level pub game, but still. Even had room to accidentally put a level into stats early on :p

We should have finished the game much earlier than we did, took a huge gamble letting Tiny level up to that point. 1 lost teamfight and we'd have been done for probably.

We should have taken Rosh at some point as well, big oversight

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Don't feel too bad, it took me like a month to realize shira was using the Vengeful Spirit mini map icon to mean Verses.

manfestival

just played as sand king. team was losing hard till one teamfight before I got blink where I got an ult off that wiped 3 of them almost a 4th and it was the first team fight we won and last one we lost

shira

Matt I love what you did with the XMG CD prize pool page. Well done.

Can you make little crabs for the Summit 2 page?
funny-crab-animated.gif

When they do drop they come as full sets though, so it's not all bad.

In the almost month the system has been in place I have yet to see even one drop for ANYONE in any game I've been in

This system sucks. Don't try to suger coat it. It's awful. The system may as well not even exist. The rate is so absurdly low it doesn't make up for dropping sets at all.

inkls

In the almost month the system has been in place I have yet to see even one drop for ANYONE in any game I've been in

This system sucks. Don't try to suger coat it. It's awful. The system may as well not even exist. The rate is so absurdly low it doesn't make up for dropping sets at all.

I do miss getting 5 alch bracers in a row

inkls

And I miss getting items at all... I'm not sure your point considering I went from 5 alch bracers which is something to absolutely nothing.

wow I lost the equivalent of 0.15$ kreygasm. My point is while its not perfect and I think they should tweak it to drop more often, its a much better system than the previous one.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They system is wonderful on paper, but the drops feel like they aren't there.

Maybe they should just give you a damn bar that shows you how close you are to your next drop. Not the current Level up bar, another one. Bars are fun.

NewGame

Banned
Okay so I tried to play 2 pub games before.

First game we had a drow who sat in fountain after buying 3 salves and 3 clarities. She disconnected. After reconnecting she complained that the shop wouldn't let her buy anything. She disconnected again then reconnected and bought boots on the courier. I picked up the boots from the courier but then they became bound to me but unsellable (?) They were invisible in my inventory to everyone else but if I put them on the ground they were pingable, they also couldn't be denied or anything. Drow disconnected a third time and still was unable to buy any items, we then noticed that when she used a salve it was instantly restored in her inventory. She literally had infinite amounts of salves and clarities. I tried to drop the boots from before but they kept spawning in my inventory after a couple of seconds. The courier also had a boots of speed (also bound to me) stuck in it that was invisible to everyone but me but I could drop them on the ground.
Anyway we won the match because Drow had literally endless salves and would just salve everything non-stop the whole match.

Second game there was a sniper bottom, turns out that if a player disconnects during a match they are taken over by a bot. This was no ordinary bot though, it was invincible. No joke you could not deal any damage to it what-so-ever. It was also immune to any magic/composite/pure damages. Luckily it would stay in the offlane and just attack creep, it wouldn't attack the tower or move it would just pace back and forth killing any creep (or heroes) that got too close. The player never reconnected and the bot stayed there the whole game just being invincible and pacing around.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ DOTO PLS Y U DO DIS??? ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

EDIT: I thought they removed drops? I've played about 12 ranked and 3 pubs since the patch and not a single drop did I see from the end of the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I got a rare.... CK set.

It makes CK look like CK, which is what all CK items tend to do.

Fuck CK.

I think Chen is fine, the hard part for me is finding team members who understand that I have two nets and a stun ready to gank with that back out when we should dominate :(

Chen is not fine.

The pushing meta got shit on and his new Aghs ult isn't strong enough to justify buying the item. Teams can't win because of Chen; they win in spite of Chen. Being able to enchant Ancients was a good start, but I think Chen-enchanted Ancients need some sort of stats/damage/movespeed buff of some kind. Maybe even passive auto-attack abilities like attack speed slows or maim or auras. They're just pathetic atm and so is he.

my idea for chen was like your ult (or your enchant or something who cares) just adds health, attack damage, and attack speed to a creep (you single target it repeatedly) and it can just keep going forever

so in early game you run around the same way with a stun or a net or whatever

but in mid game you now have had the same creeps that are actually fearsome with +100 health * however many times you cast it (10 or something) and youre not a useless pile of shit come 20 minutes

the downside of this is obviously if the other team destroys your creep youre back to shit until you build another one up so thats bad (you could scale it with the ult so by level 3 actually does some major buff up so your downtime is less)

but just imagine a dark troll summoner with like 2500 health and hits for 200 damage you just have another hero running around itd be awesome

you could bounce it between two and have some decent ones or just focus and have one awesome guy

and if the creep really balls out of control all game itd be super awesome raid boss

sixghost

Chen is not fine.

The pushing meta got shit on and his new Aghs ult isn't strong enough to justify buying the item. Teams can't win because of Chen; they win in spite of Chen. Being able to enchant Ancients was a good start, but I think Chen-enchanted Ancients need some sort of stats/damage/movespeed buff of some kind. Maybe even passive auto-attack abilities like attack speed slows or maim or auras. They're just pathetic atm and so is he.

Chen wasn't even popular during the pushing meta. He was more popular during TI3, and the meta around that tournament was largely farmfests. I think something as simple as a movespeed increase on converted creeps would bring him back.

shira

ACCESSORIES10.jpg

http://www.welovefine.com/500-dota-2#/inst&id_lang=1&l=category&mfc=4-415&c=500&o=n&p=1
my idea for chen was like your ult (or your enchant or something who cares) just adds health, attack damage, and attack speed to a creep (you single target it repeatedly) and it can just keep going forever

so in early game you run around the same way with a stun or a net or whatever

but in mid game you now have had the same creeps that are actually fearsome with +100 health * however many times you cast it (10 or something) and youre not a useless pile of shit come 20 minutes

the downside of this is obviously if the other team destroys your creep youre back to shit until you build another one up so thats bad (you could scale it with the ult so by level 3 actually does some major buff up so your downtime is less)

but just imagine a dark troll summoner with like 2500 health and hits for 200 damage you just have another hero running around itd be awesome

you could bounce it between two and have some decent ones or just focus and have one awesome guy

and if the creep really balls out of control all game itd be super awesome raid boss
gMZ5VlP.png

- clinkz op
- midas op
- enchantress op
- hotd op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom