• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

The latest reddit trend is so obnoxious.

"TOP 100 [insert hero here] on Dotabuff, here is the correct way to play him blah blah"

I will make a Treant guide for you guys and show videos of me casting living armor on a tower.
More empty promises

We see right through your lies

Dares

3RoLefN.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ok boys it has been ONE U.S. MONTH since my last game of Dota (not counting that one game I snuck on my smurf). I think I am ready for my big comeback! I've missed you Doter!
SLx19c3.gif

Unfortunately for Tinker, Max "Qojqva" Broecker will be unable to attend the event with his team. The team's German star player will be replaced by Alliance's Jonathan "Loda" Berg for the event.

In similar news, the South American representative, NotToday, will be playing without support player Masoku. The Peruvian team will bring in Na'Vi.US support player Ioannis "Fogged" Loucas to replace him for the finals.

This is really dumb. Why do you enter tournaments where you can't commit to a weekend.
Well to be fair Tinker didn't expect to be attending TS2 after the qualis and redemption vote ended. This swap was made at the last minute after they were unable to get Visas on the replacement SEA team and after Na'Vi was also unable to attend.
It wasn't really anything special, the admins asked me to speak to him to discuss the situation, explain the severity and inform him about the recent changes Valve have been making to protect the servers.

Tl;dr He understands he fucked up. It won't happen again.

The latest reddit trend is so obnoxious.

"TOP 100 [insert hero here] on Dotabuff, here is the correct way to play him blah blah"

I will make a Treant guide for you guys and show videos of me casting living armor on a tower.

More shit you won't do, I would like a Treeman guide and a Ogre Magi Carry guide plz

shira

Well to be fair Tinker didn't expect to be attending TS2 after the qualis and redemption vote ended. This swap was made at the last minute after they were unable to get Visas on the replacement SEA team and after Na'Vi was also unable to attend.
I'd rather they forfeit the spots and do more with that saved time/money.

A 1v1 fullday tourney with $14,000 prizepool would be something. Fly in 12 fans to watch instead of 2 teams.

I enjoy singsing and nt, but they are just going to get rekt hard. That's the top 4 teams in the world right there going against 4+standins.

Quesa

I got a werebat for bein cool with beastmaster and getting a contract. Now I have two. Do I sell it or keep it until they do another "delete your items for prizes!" thing?

RS4-

I got a werebat for bein cool with beastmaster and getting a contract. Now I have two. Do I sell it or keep it until they do another "delete your items for prizes!" thing?

I don't think you can sell unless you actually open up the bundle from contracts.

Nm, you're probably talking about your previous werebat

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My first two games back to Dota had Techies in them. It's almost like some higher power WANTS me to quit again...

Finally won with Invoker thanks to a very nice 4-man group who was super helpful and forgiving to me. I'm always amazed when I run into people like that because it's so far from the norm.

Acinixys

Unfortunately for Tinker, Max "Qojqva" Broecker will be unable to attend the event with his team. The team's German star player will be replaced by Alliance's Jonathan "Loda" Berg for the event.

In similar news, the South American representative, NotToday, will be playing without support player Masoku. The Peruvian team will bring in Na'Vi.US support player Ioannis "Fogged" Loucas to replace him for the finals.

This is really dumb. Why do you enter tournaments where you can't commit to a weekend.

Im pretty sure Qojqva is 16 and is writing exams or something

He didnt even attend the Dreamleague LAN because of school

Nymerio

Something's up... the last couple of games I played had genuinely nice people in them. Friendly banter at the start of the game, waiting for people to reconnect, no whining when someone died, etc.

I'm scared.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Something's up... the last couple of games I played had genuinely nice people in them. Friendly banter at the start of the game, waiting for people to reconnect, no whining when someone died, etc.

I'm scared.
I think valve actually uses those rate a team mate things to try and match nice people with each other.

Wok

The last game I won yesterday does not appear nor on my Dota profile in-game, nor in Dotabuff, yet I can find the players whom I played with in the "recent teammates tab" in Steam.

shira

My first two games back to Dota had Techies in them. It's almost like some higher power WANTS me to quit again...
CBB04C1DC0D18B940E118D3131C6491C87F638C8

Im pretty sure Qojqva is 16 and is writing exams or something

He didnt even attend the Dreamleague LAN because of school

I support the fact that he should be in school and finishing that up, but pick a 5 man team that is ready to go and have been practicing like Complexity, or forfeit the spot and give the prize money to the 5 man teams or figure out some way to create better competition - maybe a mini online tournament for NA region amateurs - people who won't have Visa issues.

It really shows the sport is still not legit when you replace the teams that qualified with shittier teams and players who got eliminated. Like if the Cavaliers got eliminated from the playoffs by the Raptors or some shit. You don't get to pick up Lebron for the finals.

Replacing musoku with fogged is just
Emoticon_grave.gif
in pepperino. That's a joke.

CBB04C1DC0D18B940E118D3131C6491C87F638C8

I support the fact that he should be in school and finishing that up, but pick a 5 man team that is ready to go and have been practicing like Complexity, or forfeit the spot and give the prize money to the 5 man teams or figure out some way to create better competition -

I just assumed tt were second place in the redemption vote and thats why the went through.

Haunted

Mike "Mike Ross" Ross is the best Dota streamer but he doesn't stream much.
I'm looking at his twitch stream archive and there's not much Dota to be found.

There are like two videos of him playing, I'd watch more of Mike "The People's Champ" Ross playing Dota.

I've been thinking lately what if Icefrog just removed the secret shop.
Or just replace it with some other mechanic like a xelnaga tower.

I'm kinda tipsy
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88

Haunted

Remove observer wards, make the marked ward spots holdable Xelnaga towers that give vision to one team.

Keep the "We Need Wards!" sentence in the chat wheel but make it a bannable offense.

Demoli

I believe the point of the secret shop is to introduce an element of risk to getting most of the really powerful late game items. Like, yeah, if you are ahead and have your side under control there's no risk, but it eventually implies sending a courier or yourself to grab an item, time in which you or the courier could get ganked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom