• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

401451.jpg

Jokab

Somehow Dota 2 ceremonies manage to be more awkward than Starcraft 2 ones. I'm not sure how it's possible, but it is.

Anno

VoDhLqE.png

EG continuing to pile up the space bucks since forming this team. Also nice revenge for the only LAN where they did poorly. One e-blade away from potentially 4 straight 1st place finishes.

All of them. The naga game was the 2nd match of the c9 vs EG Bo5 that's going on right now. That was impressive.

bless your heart, I'll watch the series then

I only caught the last game and the really really uncomfortable prize ceremony/interview stuff

I want a basic understanding of the super late game megaheroes like naga/spectre at some point

bless your heart, I'll watch the series then

I only caught the last game and the really really uncomfortable prize ceremony/interview stuff

I want a basic understanding of the super late game megaheroes like naga/spectre at some point

If you want to figure out Naga, you should watch Meracle play. He's currently playing with First Departure, but he's played with a number of SEA teams. Best Naga in the world, hands down.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the lag for me is now worse than ever. the last game i played i must have disconnected ~10 times, and had several periods where i was basically running in place, spikes that lasted ~30 seconds at a time

is anyone else getting this?

Someone help me understand the economics of the new sets from this latest chest...

I can buy five of these things for a total of $12.50 and get one of each set. Each of those new sets are selling brand new on the Dota2.com store for $9. That's a total of $45. They all have a market price of around that same $9. Why would I not just buy a bunch of those chests, pop them open, and put the bundles on the market for a profit? And furthermore, why are people paying that much for the individual sets when they could get all 5 sets for only a few dollars more?

EDIT: And that also gets the chance of me pulling an unusual courier or something. Am I crazy?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone help me understand the economics of the new sets from this latest chest...

I can buy five of these things for a total of $12.50 and get one of each set. Each of those new sets are selling brand new on the Dota2.com store for $9. That's a total of $45. They all have a market price of around that same $9. Why would I not just buy a bunch of those chests, pop them open, and put the bundles on the market for a profit? And furthermore, why are people paying that much for the individual sets when they could get all 5 sets for only a few dollars more?

The sets cannot be sold until Jan/Feb. The ones on the market have been acquired through other means, most likely fulfilling contracts. Since they're "available", but not available, their prices have gone way up.

The sets cannot be sold until Jan/Feb. The ones on the market have been acquired through other means, most likely fulfilling contracts. Since they're "available", but not available, their prices have gone way up.

Great. I'm an idiot. I knew there must be something I was missing. Thanks.

inkls

contract sets are untradable.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

The sets from the chests are in the drop pool, so people can just get them from normal drops.

Aselith

One win away from getting my third motherfucking prediction and my internet cuts out in the middle of a fight for 10 minutes so I get the abandon lose all of my items we lose and I have to start this motherfucker over. Such bullshit :(

Acinixys

The Summit will be awesome!

WIth all the house stuff that goes on, easily better than TI even.

The TI4 Hub with the GD Studio and the first Summit LAN with the Notail cast were probably the best Dota related events ive experienced. If the Summit 2 is anything like the first i will be very happy

I think PA is a good counter to Timbersaw, the mobility.

I have to disagree. Timber has so much magical burst that he destroys PA. Unless she goes boots - BKB she will be worthless in fights because all his damage is pure and melts squishies

Lina, Lion, Bane, Necro and Timber all shit on PA because of their lockdown and burst

He's a good player but he ain't no Universe. A bit overated in my opinion

New avatar is pretty clutch.

I want to watch that Zai naga game when I get home. I love when heroes that can be played in a couple different ways are drafted and only have their role decided later.

shira

The TI4 Hub with the GD Studio and the first Summit LAN with the Notail cast were probably the best Dota related events ive experienced. If the Summit 2 is anything like the first i will be very happy

I have to disagree. Timber has so much magical burst that he destroys PA. Unless she goes boots - BKB she will be worthless in fights because all his damage is pure and melts squishies

Lina, Lion, Bane, Necro and Timber all shit on PA because of their lockdown and burst

This time Zyori will be front and center with the hosting duties and they got wireless camera/mics so expect 100% more fabulous.

Acinixys

MPGL SEA GRAND FINALS stream on Twitch is atrocious

Look at this shit

Its on Sorce quality and not only is it blurry as hell but its also darker than a bottle of Marmite

I realize its night time in game but damn. They must have the ingame brightness turned to 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom