• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

B3tofvqCQAAWTDG.jpg:large

B3vegnsCcAECGw6.jpg:large
B3p00JOCYAA4cab.jpg:large
B3osPZDIYAE53Z0.jpg:large

So I screwed up :( I thought the Summit 2 Finals were going to be done one way, only to see when I opened up the Compendium that things are setup in a totally different manner.

Maaaaaaaat! Heeeeeeeelp :(

Also, final stretch goal should unlock before the LAN starts by looks of things.
Format was changed only recently. Compendium needs updating to reflect the changes.

Arkanius

Been playing Oracle lately:

I either am a killing god of healing and fire or I am a ward bitch because I died 5 times to save my team

FACE

Banned
Lol at Razor's win rate.

Deny PA's Contract, PA rage quits. Welp, ok.

Yesterday I reported a guy because he didn't want to get out of the fountain to give me rares and got the "we've taken action against someone you reported" message
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eek i was spectating this game as it happened

i was cackling a little, i admit
Game was hard. Why u no queue with me. Surely these things wouldn't happen.

Your salt is so much more reasonable, fam. :-(
don't you dare welcome me ratd! cyka!

Have you guys been seeing oracle picked? I got no matches against him since his release (aka 20 games)
Yes, quite a bit. Much less over the weekend compared to the last few days of the week.

I really dislike this PA event, though. It gets fatiguing to see the same carry in 90% of the games on one team or the other.

Competitive hero tier list for November is out:

Surprised sky has such a low Winrate.

Of heroes that were either picked or banned more than 50 times in the month:

Enigma (69%)
Venomancer (68%)
Drow (63%)

Had the highest win rates. All 3 picked & banned over 100 times, though nowhere near as much as the top tier pick/ban frequency. They're getting shit done in the strats they're being included in.

Anyway, any thoughts on the very top? Are Brew, Naga & DP safe from the nerf scalpel?

BeesEight

Yes, quite a bit. Much less over the weekend compared to the last few days of the week.
I really dislike this PA event, though. It gets fatiguing to see the same carry in 90% of the games on one team or the other.

I had two contract games the day the event started and haven't had any since. :(
Albeit, I only play two games at a time but I've had a good seven games since. Only had Oracle in one of those games too. I think I am in a special cheap ass scrub tier (or really unlucky).

I had two contract games the day the event started and haven't had any since. :(
Albeit, I only play two games at a time but I've had a good seven games since. Only had Oracle in one of those games too. I think I am in a special cheap ass scrub tier (or really unlucky).

I've also seen a lot less contracts. I'm still seeing PA 90% of the time in games, but people seem to be growing very apathetic towards picking a contract hero.

Honestly, it's very fatiguing. Like, I lost more than a few games because the contract target or PA on the team was too scared to fight for fear of losing the contract. The mentality reminds me of someone playing with a divine rapier. It's almost like...I'd rather see a level 1 fight to the death for the contract completion so that we can play regular fuckin Dota. Because until then, you're going to get 4-man rotations to whatever lane the target or the PA is in and people playing with the great priority to stay alive than to actually properly participate in team fights and win.

Also, the salt people get over not getting account-bound items is real. I've seen people flamed for 10 minutes straight because they lost the contract.

Demoli

Of heroes that were either picked or banned more than 50 times in the month:

Enigma (69%)
Venomancer (68%)
Drow (63%)

Had the highest win rates. All 3 picked & banned over 100 times, though nowhere near as much as the top tier pick/ban frequency. They're getting shit done in the strats they're being included in.

Anyway, any thoughts on the very top? Are Brew, Naga & DP safe from the nerf scalpel?

Brew and DP will probably get the nerf stick pretty hard, specially brew.

I think illusions in general will be nerfed. Maybe gem will allow you to see the real hero?

I wonder how Venomancer has such a high winrate. I can play quite well with him (although I suck as a support, so I don't play him much) and have a good winrate with him in pubs, but wouldn't expect him to do so well in the pro scene. He falls off so much in the lategame and pushing isn't as important anymore.

I suppose he dominates mid against brew though and can gank well.

Brew and DP will probably get the nerf stick pretty hard, specially brew.

I think illusions in general will be nerfed. Maybe gem will allow you to see the real hero?

I like this idea a lot but it will harm poor old CK even more. So maybe just nerf how often naga and tb can use their illusions?

I wonder how Venomancer has such a high winrate. I can play quite well with him (although I suck as a support, so I don't play him much) and have a good winrate with him in pubs, but wouldn't expect him to do so well in the pro scene. He falls off so much in the lategame and pushing isn't as important anymore.

I disagree. A veno with aghs and hood destroys supports and does insane damage even to farmed carries and with nerf to bkb it will most likely hit them.

Aghs Nova falls off?

Good sir...

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

I really, really, really doubt this will ever happen. The only reason I don't say never is in case it happens 9 months from now and this gets quoted.

I like this idea a lot but it will harm poor old CK even more. So maybe just nerf how often naga and tb can use their illusions?

I disagree. A veno with aghs and hood destroys supports and does insane damage even to farmed carries and with nerf to bkb it will most likely hit them.

Oh yes, I didn't keep the nerf to bkb in mind. And the bigger reliance on blink dagger but I don't know how high his winrate was in the previous patch.

Otherwise I'd say he falls off a lot considering the time it takes to farm an aghs as a support, and even then he misses mobility.

how old is Black^?

22/23. It says he was 21 in the ti3 compendium.

Oh yes, I didn't keep the nerf to bkb in mind. And the bigger reliance on blink dagger but I don't know how high his winrate was in the previous patch.

Otherwise I'd say he falls off a lot considering the time it takes to farm an aghs as a support, and even then he misses mobility.

Yeah as a support he will have a hard time farming these items or having having mana to his ulti. Thats why pros tend to put him mid or offlane I guess

Yeah as a support he will have a hard time farming these items or having having mana to his ulti. Thats why pros tend to put him mid or offlane I guess

Venomancer has a great auto-attack animation, good damage, and is top tier among jungling supports. He can farm a massive multi-stack of neutrals or ancients without ever taking a hit.

Gotta learn to take better advantage of farm that is available to you.

Pratfall

This might be an unpopular opinion but illusions are the least fun aspect of Dota to me. I hate playing against illusion heroes and I hate playing as them. I think they make team fights too messy.

This might be an unpopular opinion but illusions are the least fun aspect of Dota to me. I hate playing against illusion heroes and I hate playing as them. I think they make team fights too messy.

I don't think your opinion would is unpopular. Quite the opposite, actually.

Hylian7

So I played a few games last night for the first time in about a week (Thanks Smash and Thanksgiving).

PSA: Stop worrying about getting your contract. You still have to win the game, and if you are winning, your contract kill will probably just happen. I saw a PA on my team yesterday ignore some stuff just to chase a kill that he couldn't get. And guess what? He got it as were breaking base!

So I played a few games last night for the first time in about a week (Thanks Smash and Thanksgiving).

PSA: Stop worrying about getting your contract. You still have to win the game, and if you are winning, your contract kill will probably just happen. I saw a PA on my team yesterday ignore some stuff just to chase a kill that he couldn't get. And guess what? He got it as were breaking base!

how about: fuck a contract. who gives a shit about account-bound items.

Venomancer has a great auto-attack animation, good damage, and is top tier among jungling supports. He can farm a massive multi-stack of neutrals or ancients without ever taking a hit.

Gotta learn to take better advantage of farm that is available to you.

Oh yeah! forgot he could do that. Haven't played him in like 6 months, might pick him and try to use the jungle more.

Try convincing the community of that.

(Also they still look cool)

I know you haven't been playing much since the patch but what you'll find is that for as long as the contract is unfulfilled, the game isn't really dota. It's random 4 or 5-man rotations to try to kill one guy or suppress his/her ability to farm. It's a forced 4-protect-1, even if you didn't want to play that style. This may only last 5 minutes or it could last 45 minutes, depending on how bitchmade the target and PA are playing. It's people raging when they fail a contract or hiding out of spite to make sure the other team clearly winning can't win the contract. All for items with no actual value since they can never be traded (unlike every other event until now). It just feels like a whole bunch of downsides and no meaningful upside other than the evolving arcana. It seems to only add another point of stress and frustration and consequently just feels very short-sighted of Valve. It's a new way to get frustrated and annoyed rather than a new way to have fun with the game.

It really could have been its own game type to search for. It just shits up an already moderately shitty unranked queue experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom