• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've been a Sheever fan since TI3, but she definitely found her knack with hosting rather than casting.

Wok

Tiny is such a good carry: usually, when a team loses a teamfight, the other team takes one objective, but if the other team has Tiny, they can just take the entire base.

So good! Even more so because Tiny is a hard counter to PA and there are a lot of PAs these days.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
tfw when you hit accept and then you feel the need to take a shit

oooooww

This happens to me literally every time I play. Even back to back games. That accept button might as well be ex-lax.

Pratfall

just got completely wrecked by a phoenix zeus aa combo. told our enigma to build a pipe, he builds a mek
facepalm.gif

Saprol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Late changes to the schedule forcing teams to abandon other obligations. Telling a team a match is postponed, then making them play it right afterwards on top of having to match the number of stand-ins the opposing team has.

Oh, I finally found the link from Team Tinker's manager. http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2jd2el/dreamleague_admin_team_1010/

The best way to handle that would likely to have just never told Tinker they could go to bed at the start, but sadly by the time the higher ups realized the issue it was to late.

So next year dreamleague isn't going to have any big names, right? I can't see anyone dealing with their bullshit again.
Would be pretty awesome if Asus decided to invest in a different tournament, since they've been pretty big supporters of dota.

Acinixys

Game is fucking HARD

The Centuar on my team is muted from a previous game, and I only mute real scum so I know its going to be bad

At the 15 minute mark he double edges some creeps and I death pulse the wave (I was Necro) so I could get my Aghs faster

He goes BALLISTIC and pings me for 2 minutes straight, and drops and destroys all his items, buys all the wards available and plants them in base

Get a Dom Helm and makes the creep follow me

Buys a force staff and tries to Force me onto cliffs

Wastes his ult every time its off cooldown

It was a painful game

But thankfully Necro is a broken piece of shit so we still won, thanks to the PA and Bristle on my team

Risible

Game is fucking HARD

The Centuar on my team is muted from a previous game, and I only mute real scum so I know its going to be bad

At the 15 minute mark he double edges some creeps and I death pulse the wave (I was Necro) so I could get my Aghs faster

He goes BALLISTIC and pings me for 2 minutes straight, and drops and destroys all his items, buys all the wards available and plants them in base

Get a Dom Helm and makes the creep follow me

Buys a force staff and tries to Force me onto cliffs

Wastes his ult every time its off cooldown

It was a painful game

But thankfully Necro is a broken piece of shit so we still won, thanks to the PA and Bristle on my team

This is why I hate this game sometimes. All that over one creep wave?! What kind of psychopath do you need to be to do that over something so small?

Acinixys

This is why I hate this game sometimes. All that over one creep wave?! What kind of psychopath do you need to be to do that over something so small?

I have no idea

Its almost school holidays here though so all the angsty teenagers are online ruining everyone elses fun

Thankfully Dota has a mute function, which is its best feature

At this point you just act condescending in all chat. "Can't even throw a game properly" and all.

I did. When we were throning I told him he was so bad at the game he couldn't even ruin it for others

really hope he gets 100 LQP games

Kade

You know you're in for a treat when you're matched with a previously muted person or someone you can't report because you apparently reported them already.

Wok

You know you're in for a treat when you're matched with a previously muted person or someone you can't report because you apparently reported them already.

Speaking of which, I sometimes have an impression of déjà-vu when I see a nickname associated with a hero, so I check my Dotabuff Plus profile to see whether he has an account there, and if so, whether we have played together.

Sometimes they appear as anonymous, but I know it is them, because they were previously muted, because they get angry really fast, because they play godly a certain hero, etc..

Sometimes, I find out guys like this who solo-queue like me. We have played games five monts apart. About the time when I started playing ranked games I guess.
Wu3eyLS.png

This has happened even more now that I play unranked for the event. It is as if unranked were a smaller community.

Played a doom game. People let you free farm with devour and Midas for 30 mins. Then wonder why they can't kill you. Oh and PA+omni is disguising.

I don't post many score screens anymore, but this one was special.

UcyQZ6q.png

It's been almost a year since I've seen an intentional feeder. Like, a hardcore rage-feeder. So he and I (the WD) are laned together vs Brood. Lane was hard because sentrys were a bit late in coming and he kept walking around on Brood's webs unnecessarily and got munched a couple of times. No big deal, lane is hard. Well after our T1 goes down (~9 minutes) he tries to line up a kill. He drops ult, but my attack speed is still too slow and I lose her in the forest. He proclaims something to the effect of, "welp, this game is a loss" and proceeds to start walking down mid feeding while simultaneously flaming the team in all-chat. Now mind you, nobody has said anything to him. Nobody has flamed him or done anything untoward. But he's on fire.

In fact, nobody ever said anything to or about him other than to stop feeding because we're still trying to win. Eventually he just abandons after realizing he's not being successful in provoking us and the other team agreed to report him and probably has grown bored of intentionally feeding.

As soon as he leaves we start taking pickoffs and then team fights. Suddenly big items are online and their item choices are starting to haunt them. Tinker is rolling, Luna is online, Jugg is starting to hurt. We barrel down mid a couple of times and wipe and the game is over.

Afterwards, I added him to discuss the game we won without him. Naturally, he's even saltier upon finding out we won without him.

10:36 PM - Standin.LigerZero: dafuq you want
10:36 PM - Standin.LigerZero: retard
10:36 PM - Standin.LigerZero: lar how to pick properly
10:36 PM - Dreams-Visions: just wanted you to know that we won.
10:36 PM - Standin.LigerZero: BYE
10:37 PM - Dreams-Visions: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1062003421
10:37 PM - Dreams-Visions: sorry you missed it.
10:37 PM - Standin.LigerZero: ID ONT GIVE A SHIT
10:37 PM - Dreams-Visions: i hold no grudge.

and he signed off. lol.

I don't know if I'll ever understand ragers or intentional feeders. It just seems so...idunno. Just seems like such a waste of time.

Chris R

So I screwed up :( I thought the Summit 2 Finals were going to be done one way, only to see when I opened up the Compendium that things are setup in a totally different manner.

Maaaaaaaat! Heeeeeeeelp :(

Also, final stretch goal should unlock before the LAN starts by looks of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom