• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heaven's Halberd gives evasion so she was missing me

if her bkb hadn't run out when it did she would have wiped our whole team off the face of the map :rip:

Yea that much I see. But he said "uphill miss chance" which is not correct.

But yea, that roar. Winnin games, fam. Them scrubs on your team better have commended you for carry.

edit: in looking at that clip again, I'm about 99% sure she never missed you. The "Miss" text never appears and you are damaged on every autoattack. She just never crit again after the first 2.

edit: yea after the first 2 crits, she only got off another 4 autos. The odds were against her that she would have gotten another crit off, but the Halberd active made sure of it. again, wp. a second later on the roar and you're all probably dead.

Satch

Banned
Yea that much I see. But he said "uphill miss chance" which is not correct.

But yea, that roar. Winnin games, fam. Them scrubs on your team better have commended you for carry.

edit: in looking at that clip again, I'm about 99% sure she never missed you. The "Miss" text never appears and you are damaged on every autoattack. She just never crit again after the first 2.

edit: yea after the first 2 crits, she only got off another 4 autos. The odds were against her that she would have gotten another crit off, but the Halberd active made sure of it. again, wp. a second later on the roar and you're all probably dead.

old ass, i didnt have roar, get some damn glasses!!! shit!! halberd!!!

i didnt see a roar tho

am i blind and dumb today?
nope, your optics are excellent. I just assumed.

old ass, i didnt have roar, get some damn glasses!!! shit!! halberd!!!

actually it wasn't roar OR halberd.

It was MKB bash. She got MKB bashed by either Ember or Bloodseeker. Probably both, probably repeatedly. It's why she stopped attacking while BKB'd. I assumed she stopped autoattacking for so long because you made a big play with Roar.

So basically, I gave you too much credit.

Fortunately your team didn't need your shamming ass to have roar or they would have all died!

TUSR

Banned
It was MKB bash. She got MKB bashed by either Ember or Bloodseeker. Probably both, probably repeatedly. It's why she stopped attacking while BKB'd. I assumed she stopped autoattacking for so long because you made a big play with Roar.

Fortunately your team didn't need your shamming ass to have roar or they would have all died!

BS has a basher+MKB and ES has a MKB.

BS has a basher+MKB and ES has a MKB.

yep, I'm aware. who triggered the bashes and when is unknown, but she got bashed by one of them or maybe both heroes. She was bashed for quite awhile. Once briefly early on, then she appeared to be chain bashed for maybe 2.5 seconds.

TUSR

Banned
yep, I'm aware. who triggered the bashes and when is unknown, but she got bashed by one of them or maybe both heroes. She was bashed for quite awhile. Once briefly early on, then she appeared to be chain bashed for maybe 2.5 seconds.

these fancy gifs are pretty handy.

in other news, Merlini's play videos are pretty good to watch.

Dreams, you're big on drow, right? Do you usually build shadowblade?

Yep. 306 games of Drow so far and trying to get to 60% win rate. As for SB, I picked up fast ones in my last game

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1064015775

and the game before it

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1062186352

but...usually no. I only get it to soft-counter rushing blink heroes or if I think the map will open up for a lot of Shadowblade-based pickoffs.

Let me first say that I like being able to line up multi-hero Gusts. No, I love it. It's my favorite thing to do because it has so much impact on team fights. SB lets me line those multi-hero Gusts up better than any other item (Gust is Drow's best ability before BKB's come out). It also let's me play a game of chicken with enemy initiators (like LC's or ES's). With SB I can be around but I don't have to reveal myself in team fights until I see them on the map...after which I proceed to fuck shit up.

But no, generally I prefer to go Aquila --> Treads --> Yasha --> BKB --> Crit/MKB. I consider SB to be best thought of as a situational pick-off or positioning tool. So the question to ask yourself is do you need/want a pickoff or positioning tool? If you're against good blink initiation (Axe, LC, Bat, Mag, etc), i'd say Shadowblade or Blink is required. I prefer Shadowblade because the additional damage and attack speed mean your farming speeds aren't handicapped, and the extra damage will get you pickoffs on stray enemies that find themselves in a lane alone.

Satch

Banned
306 games of Drow

dFzHtaL.png

Alrighty. This is basically what I had thought, but it seems every drow game has multiple people bitching about me not grabbing SB, even though my positioning is actually pretty consistent. I usually go aquila -> treads/double wraith for ranged comp -> yasha -> crystalis -> bkb/sb/manta -> damage items

Alrighty. This is basically what I had thought, but it seems every drow game has multiple people bitching about me not grabbing SB, even though my positioning is actually pretty consistent. I usually go aquila -> treads/double wraith for ranged comp -> yasha -> crystalis -> bkb/sb/manta -> damage items

Interestingly I only get bitched at when I *do* buy a Shadowblade. lol

And yea, that build is just fine, good sir. Keep on doin it. And do your best to line up those multi-hero silences. They are game-changers.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay I'm officially sick of this event. I dislike anything that causes the same hero to basically show up in every game, which is exactly what this event does

Satch

Banned
just play ogre and go boots OoV level 1 ignite and become a carry

it's not even that, tbh

it's just kinda shitty when your game is being held hostage by your carry. like... you give them a free farming lane, you ward everything so they can scout out ganks, you hold off the enemy team for as long as you can until the enemy team is farmed and then your carry is talking about how he's finishing his pizza or rolling a blunt right now as he's afk farming in the jungle

shira

Okay I'm officially sick of this event. I dislike anything that causes the same hero to basically show up in every game, which is exactly what this event does

I like it. It teaches new players to gank carries early and buy mkb versus evasion. Also for PA carries to get bkb and become essentially unkillable.

WTF did diretide, newyear beast, wraith night, and frostivus do?

Falk

that puzzling face

Kept the hat farmers out of normal (unranked) games.

edit: Not necessarily saying this is a bad event. (Haven't really had the time to doto these past few weeks), just pointing out it's an apples and oranges comparison really.

I like it. It teaches new players to gank carries early and buy mkb versus evasion. Also for PA carries to get bkb and become essentially unkillable.

I don't think people are really learning to gank better. But I do agree that people are learning to buy MKB vs evasion.

Regardless, this would have been better as a different game type. It's exhausting to see the same hero in 90% of matches.

Well, those events gave us a game mode that did not intrude on an existing, popular game mode. They gave us hats that we could actually trade and a little arts & crafts project in the form of Greevils. They gave people a reason to be nice and cooperate rather than be assholes because they weren't events that resembled normal matches such that they would or should be taken seriously.

If anything, people are more chippy and quicker to anger because of the Contracts.

Acinixys

There comes a time in every pub where your team won't stop fighting and you can choose to go into the jungle and farm up or stay with your team, lose fights and be flat broke. It is hard to make that farm choice but it is typically the better choice to make.

When the inevitable 5v5 cock measuring contest happens at the mid T1s I go to the jungle and get at least 3-5 minutes of freefarm. Doesnt matter what role im playing. Those few minutes of farm can make or break a game

Yes as someone who only plays support, fuck those who don't know what the 4 role is. Having to solo support is shit.

Im at the point where if i see my team has picked 4 carries I pick one as well. Usually Necro/Viper so I can get a mek and pretend to support while stealing all the farm :D

how are you alerted to being in low-prio btw?

Your FIND MATCH button is red and says FIND LOW PRIOR GAME

There is massive red text above the button when you start searching telling you youre in LPQ

When you get into a game the entire left hand side of your screen says something like: You are in a Low Priority game and will not receive any items or battle points for this match

Also every game will be filled with the most stupid, easily annoyed, racist, angry players imaginable

Hellish

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=98068 - 21x9 Fix
1. Download dota 2 beta.zip and unpack to the Dota 2 Steam folder
2. Right-click dota 2 in library set launch options
3. Enter -override_vpk -console
4. Launch game and click on Default HUD.
result.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to "unpack the download to the dota 2 steam folder", I extracted it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota but this didn't work.

Edit: nvm figured it out, just put it in the matching folders not just the main one

FACE

Banned
nope, your optics are excellent. I just assumed.

actually it wasn't roar OR halberd.

MKB bash is stopped by BKB, it was bloodseeker's basher that stunned her.

inkls

glorious. I checked the replay, they had a 20k gold lead and a 15k xp lead at the end of the game they still had a 10k gold and xp lead.

If not for that roar, that PA 1v4's your team. WP, satch.

Icefrog, pls.

PA wasn't able to teamwipe us when she had two-three aegis in a row, good luck doing it without one.

these fancy gifs are pretty handy.

They are, how do you make them though?

Night_Hand

Neo Member
I hate when I want to just goof around with my friends in unranked and then we end up playing against an EG draft with early bkbs, counterwarding, roshans, no 5v5 cock measuring contests mid, and we have the PA.

kvk1

Some people don't care to play ranked, but that doesn't mean they view unranked as some sort of free-for-all.

I think it has become a pretty common misconception that unranked is supposed to be "relaxed" or something.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Unranked and ranked are extremely different in terms of atmosphere, hero picks, item choices, and the like. Unranked is definitely more relaxed than ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom