• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

73V3N

Banned
Why don't they give items to every contract fulfilled? (and match won of course)
it's not like it would ruin the market since you can't sell them.

Dota is stressful enough, I don't want to worry about my mmr on top of that. Plus, I imagine there's a little more variety in heroes and builds in unranked, and people get slightly less mad when I fuck up.

TUSR

Banned
Dota is stressful enough, I don't want to worry about my mmr on top of that. Plus, I imagine there's a little more variety in heroes and builds in unranked, and people get slightly less mad when I fuck up.

i got mad at a friend the other day for dueling an illusion

it was like 4am, i felt like a dick head. it just game.

Acinixys

3Bc1QCK.png

Thanks Britain

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I post my idea of Heroic Effigies to reddit, its gets downvoted for being "Yet another Effigy topic", shira piggybacks the idea to an unrelated Effigy topic and its the highest rated comment.
rage.gif

Volvo plz make Heroic Effigies

shira

I post my idea of Heroic Effigies to reddit, its gets downvoted for being "Yet another Effigy topic", shira piggybacks the idea to an unrelated Effigy topic and its the highest rated comment.
rage.gif

Volvo plz make Heroic Effigies

Dude ur literally cancer.

Just played my craziest match

Match ID: 1065439377

Watch the last 3 minutes if you've got time, never seen a team throw and lose their composure quite so badly

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Thanos skin for Lion with Infinity Gauntlet hand.

ViviOggi

I played a fair bit of unranked due to the event which I usually never do and my experience is pretty much the opposite. Doom, Omni, Ogre and whatever else easy publord hero is hot right now every single game and obscene levels of shittalking mostly unrelated to contracts.

I played a fair bit of unranked due to the event which I usually never do and my experience is pretty much the opposite. Doom, Omni, Ogre and whatever else easy publord hero is hot right now every single game and obscene levels of shittalking mostly unrelated to contracts.

Yup, all of the most toxic people I've interacted with have been in either unranked or ranked all-pick. Ranked CM has a very high number of tryhards, so there's less tolerance of bullshit (which I appreciate)

I dunno, I rarely run into the same hero twice in a row. I looked at my last 15 games on dotabuff and the most recurring heroes, outside of pa, were invoker (5), lina (4) and disruptor (4), counting both teams.

EDIT: multiple storm spirits, necros and broodmothers as well.

FACE

Banned
I dunno, I rarely run into the same hero twice in a row. I looked at my last 15 games on dotabuff and the most recurring heroes, outside of pa, were invoker (5), lina (4) and disruptor (4), counting both teams.

Fucking inkls.

Kalnos

Banned
Yup, all of the most toxic people I've interacted with have been in either unranked or ranked all-pick. Ranked CM has a very high number of tryhards, so there's less tolerance of bullshit (which I appreciate)

My experience is that "tryhards" are the most toxic fuckers around as they always seem to be know-it-alls that can't handle people making decisions that they themselves wouldn't have made. Once you make one mistake (in their eyes) you get the "this venge/pudge/timber/etc" for the rest of the game. You get these people occasionally in AP but the few times I wandered into CM it was worse.

ViviOggi

I don't know if it's my hidden MMR being funky due to never playing unranked but overall game quality is definitely better in ranked for me @4700/4600 (party). You're never safe from knobheads but the amount of intentional feeders, rage quitters/-afkers and all around shitty human beans was vastly higher than what I see on average in ranked. But it's all anecdotal anyway so YMMV

My experience is that "tryhards" are the most toxic fuckers around as they always seem to be know-it-alls that can't handle people making decisions that they themselves wouldn't have made. Once you make one mistake (in their eyes) you get the "this venge/pudge/timber/etc" for the rest of the game. You get these people occasionally in AP but the few times I wandered into CM it was worse.

I dunno. TBH I don't mind it as much when someone calls someone out for doing something stupid. The toxicity I'm referring to is supports refusing to support and stealing farm, intentional feeding, really out of line flaming, etc. I haven't experienced much of that outside of allpick/unranked.

ViviOggi

༼ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ(_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅F̲I̲S̲S̲U̲R̲E̲_̅_̅_̅_̅()

FACE

Banned
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BUY BOOTS STEVE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Just had a game where I had one of the worst lanes I can imagine, I was a solo PA against a Axe Earthshaker lane, could not get anywhere near the lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom