• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Trolltrolltroll, this translation
laugh.gif

Dares

The admins in chat were getting a little antsy when they were showing all the dick drawings, but the bathtub crossed the line I guess.

I see twitch is still lacking any foresight. They did this bit last year, and it was popular, of course they're going to bring it back. Admins should have warned them preemptively.
I think it was an automated thing because a bunch of people reported the channel.

I see twitch is still lacking any foresight. They did this bit last year, and it was popular, of course they're going to bring it back. Admins should have warned them preemptively.

Twitch officially made an announcement about their new "too much skin" regulation. That was the preemptive warning to all twitch users. BTS should have known better and just uploaded the skit to youtub.

Edit: the let it slide it seems

Twitch officially made an announcement about their new "too much skin" regulation. That was the preemptive warning to all twitch users. BTS should have known better and just uploaded the skit to youtub.

That's fair, but as it's a new policy -- and one that has been enforced very poorly -- I don't think BTS had any way to know if it was something that would get the channel shut down, or if they'd just have an admin tell them to skip the bit.

shira

That's fair, but as it's a new policy -- and one that has been enforced very poorly -- I don't think BTS had any way to know if it was something that would get the channel shut down, or if they'd just have an admin tell them to skip the bit.

Afaik they have twitch employees at every event to ensure everything goes smooth

Afaik they have twitch employees at every event to ensure everything goes smooth
"twitch staffers should should have said something for sure"

Yeah thats a good point. There were admins in the chat room too.

btw players hanging out in BTS2

I think this is on an event-by-event basis. If there was a twitch staffer there, I doubt this would have happened but I don't know.
Yeah thats a good point. There were admins in the chat room too.

btw players hanging out in BTS2

Not sure why your scratched your comment, there were admins and staffers in the chat.

I think this is on an event-by-event basis. If there was a twitch staffer there, I doubt this would have happened but I don't know.

Not sure why your scratched your comment, there were admins and staffers in the chat.

oh oops wanted to add that "twitch staffers should should have said something for sure".
too distracted watching universe and loda practicing invoker

73V3N

Banned
10-20
my team is winning.

winning every team fight, taking every tower.

doom rages cause we lose contract.

gets 1000 gold on sentries every 2 minutes.

does the same for 40 minutes.

we keep winning every team fight 4vs5.

we end up losing at 45 minutes cause we dont have a carry.

10-20
my team is winning.

winning every team fight, taking every tower.

doom rages cause we lose contract.

gets 1000 gold on sentries every 2 minutes.

does the same for 40 minutes.

we keep winning every team fight 4vs5.

we end up losing at 45 minutes cause we dont have a carry.
yep, Dota 2 pubs can be among the worst experiences in gaming.

I had something similar happen where a contract was lost and the support decided to do nothing but buy sent wards and ward friendly jungle camps the rest of the game.

I wonder what these sorts of people are like in real life.

Nice that they could have done the redemption vote justice though by getting to the final.
yea they've definitely shown they deserved reconsideration. I was concerned Na'Vi would win the redemption vote based on name brand alone. Fortunately it seemed enough people saw just how awful Na'Vi really is right now and gave C9 the opportunity.

shira

I don't see how C9 is going to beat VG but I really hope they do.

Please EE....win something!

http://fat.gfycat.com/UniformFlusteredAcornweevil.webm

yea they've definitely shown they deserved reconsideration. I was concerned Na'Vi would win the redemption vote based on name brand alone. Fortunately it seemed enough people saw just how awful Na'Vi really is right now and gave C9 the opportunity.

I think Newbee got shafted because of TI4's finale - who wouldn't want to see Newbee and FD didn't get in anyway. C9 would have been first on the list for replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom