• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nkwbehVWC71sx6pl1o1_1280.jpg
that explains it

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://www.twitch.tv/eternalenvyy/v/3900959?t=3h20m17s

"It's time to get angry at 4K MMR players, the best time of the day. Every fucking day. I play scrims, I get depressed. Even though I win them. And then I play these 4k MMR games and I lose hope in humanity. That's my life. Every day. I play on my smurf and I lose hope in myself, and then I play on my main account and I lose hope in everybody else. And at the end of the day I have no friends. That's life. The life of Jacky Mao"
#dead

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Lord, I just played the worst game ever, As storm. Mid against huskar and at the end i went 0/10.

For whatever reason, I just can't play storm. It never feels like there's enough damage there, Yet when I watch people stream him they just dominate.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lord, I just played the worst game ever, As storm. Mid against huskar and at the end i went 0/10.

For whatever reason, I just can't play storm. It never feels like there's enough damage there, Yet when I watch people stream him they just dominate.
Get your orchid and you become an god. Just do it before 18 minutes. Also they are usually very good mid players who are better than the person they are laning against.
Also Huskar should wreck you. Get your levels in lane then go jungle / gank / counter gank since you'll have to play under tower to be kind of safe.

Get your orchid and you become an god. Just do it before 18 minutes. Also they are usually very good mid players who are better than the person they are laning against.
Also Huskar should wreck you. Get your levels in lane then go jungle / gank / counter gank since you'll have to play under tower to be kind of safe.
Yep, Huskar shits on Storm in laning phase with the strength of 1,000 geriatric bowels. If he beats you to 6, don't even go back to the lane.

Has been a while since I could play DOTA. So I tried to play three games again. Cool, someone who rants on someone using random on a first pick, uses caps all game and proceeds to feed deliberately. Another game where all us 4k players are shit according to someone and where I have the highest kill count as a Witch Doctor.

And then a game game where someone locks in carry spectre on the minimap, another guy calls "carry" and proceeds to place an Anti Mage behind it. Then our first pick is a jungle axe, second spectre, third one anti mage, fourth one Tinker, because why not. And at some point I figured my offlane would not work so I decided to pick Crystal Maiden so we at least can do something in the lane. By a miracle, we still managed to win that one.

Seriously, I love the game, but this really sucks all of the enjoyment out of it, I don't even care about the losing, but it is so depressing when you have less time to play a game and it to be ruined by toxic players.

Has been a while since I could play DOTA. So I tried to play three games again. Cool, someone who rants on someone using random on a first pick, uses caps all game and proceeds to feed deliberately. Another game where all us 4k players are shit according to someone and where I have the highest kill count as a Witch Doctor.

And then a game game where someone locks in carry spectre on the minimap, another guy calls "carry" and proceeds to place an Anti Mage behind it. Then our first pick is a jungle axe, second spectre, third one anti mage, fourth one Tinker, because why not. And at some point I figured my offlane would not work so I decided to pick Crystal Maiden so we at least can do something in the lane. By a miracle, we still managed to win that one.

Seriously, I love the game, but this really sucks all of the enjoyment out of it, I don't even care about the losing, but it is so depressing when you have less time to play a game and it to be ruined by toxic players.

Morello pls.

Haunted

Looking at team makeups for TI5, the shuffle in EU and NA is pretty much done, right? Do we know when Valve is locking down teams for TI?

EG is arguably the only competitive NA team at the moment. Although probably the strongest as well. Are Boreal and Void Boys any good? They won the Summit 3 NA qualifiers.

EU has a bunch of solid teams, with Team Secret and Cloud9 at the forefront. Team Tinker has a solid lineup, Empire and the two VP teams have produced some results. Alliance seems in shambles and it remains to be seen how Navi will cope without Funnik.

Scamming community has pretty much soured the gift trading scene sadly. Nobody is willing to trade first and very few people put any weight into rep on the trade sites. Complete waste of time.
I got the Blade of the Demonic Vessel as a drop!!
laugh.gif

so fucking happy
I got one of those too, strange coincidence.

aeolist

Banned
Looking at team makeups for TI5, the shuffle in EU and NA is pretty much done, right? Do we know when Valve is locking down teams for TI?

EG is arguably the only competitive NA team at the moment. Although probably the strongest as well. Are Boreal and Void Boys any good? They won the Summit 3 NA qualifiers.

EU has a bunch of solid teams, with Team Secret and Cloud9 at the forefront. Team Tinker has a solid lineup, Empire and the two VP teams have produced some results. Alliance seems in shambles and it remains to be seen how Navi will cope without Funnik.

vp main is disbanderino, polar is missing i think 2 people to make a roster

alliance is doing ok, not great but fine

is c9 really at the forefront? last time i saw them play they were fucking garbage

e. power rangers are pretty good

Haunted

vp main is disbanderino, polar is missing i think 2 people to make a roster

alliance is doing ok, not great but fine

is c9 really at the forefront? last time i saw them play they were fucking garbage

e. power rangers are pretty good
Didn't know that about VP and Polar, just saw them doing fairly well results-wise on LP.

And well, the old Cloud9 was definitely a strong contender in several tournaments... but I'm not sure how it is now since aui and pieliedie left, yeah.

Looking at Power Rangers, they seem like a strong B-tier team not really able to contest with the strongest team. Seems unlikely that they'll make the cut for TI.

Will also be interesting to see how the Chinese lineups turn out after all is said and done.

Pratfall

maybe a bit early and we don't know much about how these chinese shakeups will go, but it seems to be a very top heavy field. but maybe thats the way past years have been going in and I'm just not remembering.

W1SSY

Pretty sure Tinker is going to be an NA team which means they have a shot at NA qualifiers. It sounds like all but Qojqva are in Canada from what was mentioned in a match a couple days ago.

If they are NA I feel like they could be the favorites in the qualifier because the new roster has been performing pretty well after the rocky start of losing the Summit NA qualifier to Void Boys. Obviously it could all go to shit at some point but they have a lot of talent and finally have some true support players.

Acinixys

Navi is honestly one of the worst teams in the scene atm

Xboct really needs to go. Buys back and runs back solo in all 5 enemies

yeah that was a shit game

I think rubick cliffing people is gonna get fixed in next patch, this is just gamebreaking

They need to make it the same as Pudges hook. 3 seconds of free pathing so you can escape. Easy fix

Navi is honestly one of the worst teams in the scene atm

Xboct really needs to go. Buys back and runs back solo in all 5 enemies
They're beyond saving now, they could have salvaged something at some point but now it's too late. Whoever didn't want XBOCT to get kicked(probably Dendi) is to blame for this mess.

aeolist

Banned
They're beyond saving now, they could have salvaged something at some point but now it's too late. Whoever didn't want XBOCT to get kicked(probably Dendi) is to blame for this mess.

isn't xboct friends with na'vi's owner? he'll never get kicked, unless he leaves on his own hoping for the team to improve is a pipe dream

We just threw a +20k gold lead on the 2.8k acc of my brother. Pretty hilarious. Low bracket players never have buyback on purpose (only by accident). That shit is game losing.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1322250811

I'm the Lina and I took over my brothers account a few weeks ago. It's fun smuring without immediate smurf detection.

should have gone for mega instead of T4

mega = you win in 95% of situations

on another note, fuck lysander

Just saw this on d2g

Proof that BM is a terrible hero and needs a total remake
It going through BKB and the duration(without the need to charge) are what make it good. Those abilities are vastly different. I'm not saying that BM is good(though I think the hawk hides a lot of his deficiencies by being so good).

BeesEight

That's pre nerf concoction, isn't it? That version of it was broken as hell and dealt a billion damage with Medaillon.

Yeah, it's the pre-nerf concoction. Max charge time is now 5.5 seconds instead of the 7 listed in the description.

The image also complains about the "retarded push-back" except that push-back adds 50% movement and attack speed slow so that the roar will somewhat isolate the target even if it's in the middle of their team. Also downplays the charge time on the concoction and it's capability to backfire and stun yourself.

It's an odd comparison especially since Alchemist doesn't see any competitive play either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom