• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets get extremely insane. something like..... 40 second cd but it only cools down while the bear's dead.
That'd actually nerf him in some ways. You'll never be able to have more than 1 bear in a fight.

Maybe having it charges like with Shrapnel would be better. You get 2 bear charges and every time you use them up there's a 120 second cd, after which you get 2 bears again.

KingKong

That'd actually nerf him in some ways. You'll never be able to have more than 1 bear in a fight.

Maybe having it charges like with Shrapnel would be better. You get 2 bear charges and every time you use them up there's a 120 second cd, after which you get 2 bears again.

aghs lets you have 2 bears at once...and it works with refresher

manfestival

It's like a dream come true. This is what valve and ice frog intended.

I fucking hate my MMR. At what MMR do you stop queueing with people who have less than 100 games?

I rarely have ever run into those people and usually they are smurfs and tend to be really good. 3500 is the mmr which I tend to float around.

Icefrog is the hero we don't deserve.

I rarely have ever run into those people and usually they are smurfs and tend to be really good. 3500 is the mmr which I tend to float around.

Icefrog is the hero we don't deserve.

I'm thinking this 3k-3100 area is really densely populated. 2700 was the same sort of thing and it was a similar struggle. Lots of players at this MMR. Lots of players = lots of trolls, feeders, newbies, etc.

If you want to get out of your MMR in any way possible just spam a core hero you like that isn't pure garbage(LD, Alch, etc) and eventually you'll be good enough with that hero that you'll be better than your MMR with it and win games.

Don't expect to actually belong in your higher MMR when not playing that hero though, that's the downside of spamming a hero. Best way to get better is to focus on getting better and not focusing on how high your MMR is imo.

If you want it get out of your MMR in any way possible just spam a core hero you like that isn't pure garbage(LD, Alch, etc) and eventually you'll be good enough with that hero that you'll be better than your MMR with it and win games.

Don't expect to actually belong in your higher MMR when not playing that hero though, that's the downside of spamming a hero. Best way to get better is to focus on getting better and not focusing on how high your MMR is imo.

This hasn't worked for me in the past. My winrate seems pretty dependant on my team mates since I suck at carrying games.

It's never a bad idea to learn a new hero you're interested in. I'm in the process of figuring out Puck, though I'm not sure if he can win me games, unless I completely wreck the other team I think I'm still dependant on the carry.

Sounds like you are having a proper dota 2 experience. Good for you friend.

I would make a terrible captain. I would just pick all STR heroes and tell my team to man up or leave.
So what if you think you would make a terrible captain. Everyone starts somewhere and this would be your opportunity to really focus on building those skills which would ultimately make you and others around you better players.

TUSR

Banned
It's never a bad idea to learn a new hero you're interested in. I'm in the process of figuring out Puck, though I'm not sure if he can win me games, unless I completely wreck the other team I think I'm still dependant on the carry.
Puck is a lot of fun. Just focus on not getting your hands crossed with orb+jaunt.

Acinixys

I'm thinking this 3k-3100 area is really densely populated. 2700 was the same sort of thing and it was a similar struggle. Lots of players at this MMR. Lots of players = lots of trolls, feeders, newbies, etc.

Not suprising

According 2 Valve the average MMR is 2500 - 3200

So 70% of players play at that MMR

ksan

This hasn't worked for me in the past. My winrate seems pretty dependant on my team mates since I suck at carrying games.

Well, try to play carries that require strong fundamentals then to improve that aspect.
If you realize that it's your problem, and you're able to accept that you will lose X games before it goes well, I'd suggest AM/Sven/Naga etc

Low Tier
http://www.twitch.tv/109dota

streaming a game or two with mumble before St. Patty's celebrations.
4mC962j.gif

G.ZZZ

I got 5k back then spamming CM roam and jugg solo offlane when CM was good and jugg sucked. Tbh, jugg is probably an even better 3 than back then with a max spin build.

Orchid slark. Do it.
orchid is a silly item :(
yeah, I've been grinding phoenix games more since that hero's quite good. And maybe i'll grind Axe after that embarrassing IHL game.
What are your fav heroes
slark, troll, clinkz, weaver, silencer, aa, rubick, dusa
I should be able to carry with these heroes (except maybe AA/Rubick), but I'm not good at taking over a game the way some people do.
Well, try to play carries that require strong fundamentals then to improve that aspect.
If you realize that it's your problem, and you're able to accept that you will lose X games before it goes well, I'd suggest AM/Sven/Naga etc
I should play more naga. I enjoy playing her.
I got 5k back then spamming CM roam and jugg solo offlane when CM was good and jugg sucked. Tbh, jugg is probably an even better 3 than back then with a max spin build.
Yeah I spammed slark offlane for a while but took a break and now I'm losing. Gotta get back in to it, I suppose.

manfestival

I just want your doto buff man
Soon.... soon...

So what if you think you would make a terrible captain. Everyone starts somewhere and this would be your opportunity to really focus on building those skills which would ultimately make you and others around you better players.
While this is probably true, I naturally love to take that position of leadership and often assert myself into the role eventually. However, I am far too toxic of a player to be doing so in a fun league.

http://www.twitch.tv/109dota

streaming a game or two with mumble before St. Patty's celebrations.
4mC962j.gif

Do my eyes deceive me?? You are streaming doto and not WOW? Are you drunk because it's St Patty's day?

Been 10 years since I witnessed the rage and and flames of 109dota . I miss being called a noob and a bad player. I for one thought these days were outnumbered by the raid parties and dots being spammed on the bosses and their adds. However, the bright shining star comes back and he plays dota 2. Please show us the way 109dota. Rush midas on every hero and bring us the true path of 5k dota 2.
My first attempt at making my own copy pasta and its aimed at you 109. I hope you are honored.

Pratfall

I should be able to carry with these heroes (except maybe AA/Rubick), but I'm not good at taking over a game the way some people do.

This may seem like a silly/simple question, but how dedicated are you to pure farming in games? I think to really take over a game you gotta be the most farmed MF on the map and that usually means letting your team fall behind slightly or die in dumb fights without tping in. This is a hard instinct to fight (especially if you play support and are programmed to tp in to help your carry) but it always benefits you in the end.

BH needs a buff kappa. I still think he should be able to use items/skills without being revealed (except for shuriken, since it damages the enemy it should reveal him IMO).

Personally think they should just buff the bonus damage out of invis. Seems like a good change and fits thematically.

orchid is a silly item :(

yeah, I've been grinding phoenix games more since that hero's quite good. And maybe i'll grind Axe after that embarrassing IHL game.

I should play more naga. I enjoy playing her.

Yeah I spammed slark offlane for a while but took a break and now I'm losing. Gotta get back in to it, I suppose.
It's good to see you have quite a few heroes you enjoy playing. If you really wanna boost your mmr you can just pick the strongest heroes in the meta right now and grind that way. Or you can ignore mmr and get good with a smaller set of heroes so you can figure out the little ins and outs of them. If you feel you can't take over games as well on mid heroes or carries as you should, imo play a support hero like shaker, lion or wd. Support heroes have the ability to take over games. Also if you're gonna be playing slark offlane u better off picking bb.

Invis heroes in general need to be buffed.
BH's nuke is decent as is
Passive is pretty garbage (not even togglable)
Invis is shit
Ult is ok but should give XP bonus too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom