• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanavi

cast ion shell on axe's own melee creeps i guess?

it's not exactly an ideal matchup though, if they put their axe offlane, to put a dark seer safelane

If axe cuts the lane dark seer can put the shell on himself and grab a stout shield which will turn the lane into a kind of stalemate with both heroes farming freely.

If axe tries to lane normally then you can run back and put a shell on the wave as it approaches and a second once the waves clash then even he won't be able to tank creeps for free.

As dark seer gains levels axe begins to lose against him because he just can't keep tanking shells.

It's not ideal to put dark seer safelane but I was working under the assumption that the team already made the mistake of not picking good ranged supports like skywrath to just zone him out at level 1.

FACE

Banned
In case people don't really check the IHL thread, I've updated the "flaming" rules.

post-18170-leonardo-d5quht.gif

tfw horrible early game but enemy are too cocky and fail pushing high ground every time
dang that spectre was horseshit, titan spectre safe lane feed a double kill to slark 3 minutes in and keep feeding him lmao, didn't have a good start either, not usually a mid player, but big fights are delicious for qop

people need to realize they need to farm when they have a huge advantage and control the whole map, not try to force high ground and lose teamfight after teamfight

73V3N

Banned
really hate when people start calling you "useless" only cause your kill count is low and all you have is assists.

then you check dotabuff and you did more hero damage than whoever was calling you useless
wtzgU.gif

Acinixys

I would like to reiterate that the Slahser Silencer skill build is very good

I dont even miss having Curse in fights

In almost every game Im running round with over 40 stolen INT doing 400+ damage

His item build is stupid though

Treads - Shadow Blade - Hex is gimmicky and unreasonable to obtain. Getting hex as a 3rd item is very hard, unless you team is dominating and you are AFK farming for 15 minutes, which defeats the whole point. You want to fight so you can steal INT

Treads - Force - Orchid - Shivas is a much better build up and lets you play more aggressively

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Time to grind 300 mmr so I can be captain boys

If we are still short captains by the time signups close, I'm going to drop the captain MMR floor to 2500. I figure that's better than having a lot more undrafted players. Remember that captains can also delegate drafting duties and the like to higher MMR players if they so choose (and the other player wants to).

I'm also leaning more towards an NFL style player draft (same drafting order every round) in order to ensure more balanced teams, considering our fairly large MMR gap between captains.

Big Dog

Check out this small tournament! For any group of gaffers that may have stacks, this guy managed to get Twitch and Razer to sponsor him and he even has a HUD hopefully getting in with his ticket. I've got a lot of respect that this guy was able to put this all together and make what seems to be a new and open to join tournament (must be played on EU is only stipulation).

wheres the razer sponsorship anbokr

Does that mean gaf would replace the Twitch sponsorship with Hitbox then?
Kappa

Quesa

These ihl shoutcasters aren't even using smooth camera while highlight the plays of the cyberatheletes

smdh amateurs

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Here, I've summarized the most important items in dota for beginners. Learning these (over time) should be a huge help! Items after the arrow means the first item can be upgraded into these. I linked to the wiki pages so you can find more info about the listed items.

EVERYBODY WANTS THESE:

Healing Salve, Tango, Clarity Potion

Buy these items at the start of the game to regenerate health and mana lost in the lane. Salves heal you by a lot in a short time, but are one-time use and the effect stops if you take damage. Tangos have 4 charges that heal you a little, slowly, but the effect cannot be removed. Clarities regenerate mana slowly, and can be stopped like salves. As a general rule, buy one of each at the start of the game.

Boots of Speed (-> Power Treads, Phase Boots, Arcane Boots, Tranquil Boots, Boots of Travel)

Movespeed is very important on any hero, so all heroes get boots ASAP. From there, you can upgrade these boots into 5 different variations. Boots are too expensive to buy at the start unless you are confident you don't need the regen items. However, make them your first priority once the game has started. On carries, upgrade boots into treads or phase boots (never both!) as they give attack speed or attack damage. On supports, get arcanes or tranquils (again, only one) as they give mana or health regen. Late game, consider Boots of Travel for free teleportation (more on that below).

Town Portal Scroll

Allows you to teleport to any tower you own, one-time use and on a cooldown of 65 seconds. Use this to move around the map quickly and efficiently, escape from enemy heroes without stuns, or quickly help allies that are attacked. Rule 1 of dota: always carry a tp scroll.

Magic Stick (-> Magic Wand)

Every time an enemy casts a spell nearby, your magic stick gains one charge. When you use the stick, it depletes all charges and gives you 15 health and mana for every charge. It can be cheaply upgraded into a magic wand which has the same function, but also gives you some extra stats. The magic stick/wand is a very cost-effective item that is generally good on everybody.

CARRIES WANT THESE:

Damage items

This is super dependant on the hero you're playing. Just follow the in-game suggested items for these.

Black King Bar

Activating this item makes you magic immune for 10 seconds (-1 second for each use, minimum 5 seconds), meaning you can't be damaged or affected by most enemy spells. Extremely useful for staying alive and effective in a fight.

Blink Dagger

Allows you to instantly jump a large distance every 12 seconds. Essential for any hero that needs to close the gap with enemies quickly (some supports get this item as well).

SUPPORTS WANT THESE:

Animal Courier (-> Flying Courier)

The courier will deliver items to everyone on your team so they don't have to walk all the way back to base. From 3 minutes onward, it can be upgraded into a flying courier which is faster. You only need one courier per team.

Observer Wards

Everytime you buy wards, you get a set of two. Wards can be placed around the map to give a large amount of vision for 7 minutes, like a watchtower. Every 6 minutes, a set becomes available, to a maximum of 2 sets.

Mekansm

When you activate a mek, you and all allies around you are healed for 250 hp. Players can only be healed this way once every 25 seconds, so having more than one mek on a team is redundant.

Hope this helps!

Whoah sick, thanks! I usually only get a tango and ignore the salve and clarity, but maybe I should get those as well.

Is a bottle good at all? It replenishes health and mana and refills at the fountain, and can be used to bottle runes, so it seems like a good idea. It's a bit pricey for a starting item though.

kasane

damn it i swear everytime i feel like im gonna get all my mmr back some dude deliberately destroys my game

its not even that they're just bad. They're bad and they intentionally ruin games

fuck me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom