• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think every modern Aghs effect has been designed to have a lot of "WOW" factor. Tree's just happens to actually work out, unlike Infinite Chain Frost.
I dunno I think ET's Aghs ult is pretty useful and not flashy. He just made them all useful in different ways instead of them just being more damage or more quantity or something else boring.

I think Lion's aghs is about as useless as infinite chain frost, unless you have something like RP or Vacuum to pull your opponents together.

I dunno I think ET's Aghs ult is pretty useful and not flashy. He just made them all useful in different ways instead of them just being more damage or more quantity or something else boring.

I think Lion's aghs is about as useless as infinite chain frost, unless you have something like RP or Vacuum to pull your opponents together.

Lion's aghs is the best. See this creepwave? Bloop! EZ farm and push.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i dunno tho, it's good for melting illusion/push heroes that get too big for their own boots

Wok

They are at your skill level and probably make it up elsewhere

In practice, it is different. In practice, they have less experience and have a game-losing behavior against weak line-ups such as AM+PA+Techies, because:
  • they cannot coordinate ganks properly so the ennemy carry always escapes,
  • they don't teleport to towers to help teammates,
  • and they won't provide any backup whatsoever when a fight starts.
In the end, at best, the game drags on and the team with FV+AM+PA+Sniper+Techies wins, or at worst, all lanes are lost due to a lack of coordination/communication against "similarly skilled" players with more experience.

Losing against this kind of draft just sounds stupid. With an Ursa mid against Clinkz, everything is possible.

Edit: I have just checked and this was his 2nd game as Ursa, he is usually a Sniper spammer. Bounty Hunter has won 1 game out of the 6 he has played with this hero. It is the usual problem when playing heroes for the first time in ranked. It should be forbidden to select heroes which people have never played in ranked. Ranked should be a kind of most-played mode, in the sense opposite to least-played mode.

I thought I would keep spamming Silencer, but I will just go back to spamming PA, Slark, Troll or Sniper. Or next time, I pick Lycan and push the racks before min 20.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
In practice, it is different. In practice, they have less experience and have a game-losing behavior against weak line-ups such as AM+PA+Techies, because:
  • they cannot coordinate ganks properly so the ennemy carry always escapes,
  • they don't teleport to towers to help teammates,
  • and they won't provide any backup whatsoever when a fight starts.
In the end, at best, the game drags on and the team with FV+AM+PA+Sniper+Techies wins, or at worst, all lanes are lost due to a lack of coordination/communication against "similarly skilled" players with more experience.

Losing against this kind of draft just sounds stupid. With an Ursa mid against Clinkz, everything is possible.

Edit: I have just checked and this was his 2nd game as Ursa, he is usually a Sniper spammer. Bounty Hunter has won 1 game out of the 6 he has played with this hero. It is the usual problem when playing heroes for the first time in ranked. It should be forbidden to select heroes which people have never played in ranked. Ranked should be a kind of most-played mode, in the sense opposite to least-played mode.

I thought I would keep spamming Silencer, but I will just go back to spamming PA, Slark, Troll or Sniper. Or next time, I pick Lycan and push the racks before min 20.
That WD tho
TBKKdZt.png

Did you learn that RUBBERBAND META AND PLAY FOR LATE GAME is better now?
No offense but even at 4k people have problems turning early leads into wins.

Just play a farming hero that is hard to kill or can find pick offs and 1v5 later in 'Normal' games or learn mid. If you want to win. Improving is hard.

Madouu

Not a very fun game but what are ya gonna do, genos trucking top lane with necro at 9 minutes like a boss, well player m8.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Not a very fun game but what are ya gonna do, genos trucking top lane with necro at 9 minutes like a boss, well player m8.
Side note, in your Venge game you kept pushing the wave with wave of terror and let me get like 15CS + 2 levels I didn't deserve even though you denied a lot.

Madouu

Spawn boxes and which way to pull them for max efficiency

good stuff, the radiant right medium camp can be hard to pull off without blocking the hard camp though (in the scenario where someone else is trying to stack that at the same time)

Side note, in your Venge game you kept pushing the wave with wave of terror and let me get like 15CS + 2 levels I didn't deserve even though you denied a lot.

Oh that game was definitely awful on my part, I itemized for something else entirely so it was a pain having to sit and try to zone you out on centaur with no regen when I was hoping I could do some roaming. Also, the skywrath couldn't come close to the wave because she was so afraid of the roaming riki + your nuke combo. We could've done so much better with good coordination but you did your job well too.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh my god was Genos Meeru with a voice synth on or using a soundboard or something are you serious.

Why does he want GAF's dick so bad
good stuff, the radiant right medium camp can be hard to pull off without blocking the hard camp though (in the scenario where someone else is trying to stack that at the same time)

Oh that game was definitely awful on my part, I itemized for something else entirely so it was a pain having to sit and try to zone you out on centaur with no regen when I was hoping I could do some roaming. Also, the skywrath couldn't come close to the wave because she was so afraid of the roaming riki + your nuke combo. We could've done so much better with good coordination but you did your job well too.
I mean just walking past the melee wave and using terror would have been fine. But casting it from behind always pushed wave into tower is what I mean.

Sky + Venge + Jugg is waaaaaaaaaay scarier than a level 2 Riki and a pressured Centaur though. One slow or stun and we die. You even had 2 sentries in lane so we played super far back.

Madouu

Sky + Venge + Jugg is waaaaaaaaaay scarier than a level 2 Riki and a pressured Centaur though. One slow or stun and we die. You even had 2 sentries in lane so we played super far back.

It definitely is, but remember that it's three people that have never played together or talked to each other previous to that game. trilanes require somebody to take the lead, and the other two to be willing to listen. That just didn't happen and everyone was focused solely on his hero most of the time.

I mean just walking past the melee wave and using terror would have been fine. But casting it from behind always pushed wave into tower is what I mean.

Definitely agree. Yeah, like I said playing in the opposite way that what you had in mind in the fountain just puts you off your game, at least it often does for me, I guess that's one difference between the highest rated players and us commons, ability to adapt.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So that other guy that raged a lot here wasn't meeru?

Is everyone meeru?

I really can't keep up anymore, maybe I'm a meeru sleeper cell.

You know, it makes a lot of since. I was talking to Dreams I think after a game against him saying he he is pretty good for someone Dotabuff said had only played for 3 months and had a 47% winrate. For some reason I never even thought 'Oh, it just a banned user'. Looks like he bought an account from an SE Asia, since his region/name changed 12 days ago.

You know, it makes the fact we had a big comeback that game all the better.

Meeru lost to Anbokr mid
laugh.gif

He beat my Necro Mid ;-;

The drama in here is palpable
Emoticon_crazy.gif

I have found out that undying is pretty decent handling the current meta, tombstone deals perfectly against axe cutting lanes, and offlane against troll is pretty easy when most underestimate just how vulnerable decay really makes them after a couple of hits, it almost always ends in an easy kill. Sniper becomes easy prey for those nasty zombies, you just gotta find a good spot to place it in and bam you got yourself dwarf for dinner. 82% of the time, it works every time.

you are meeru
Ban imminent.
You know, it makes a lot of since. I was talking to Dreams I think after a game against him saying he he is pretty good for someone Dotabuff said had only played for 3 months and had a 47% winrate. For some reason I never even thought 'Oh, it just a banned user'. Looks like he bought an account from an SE Asia, since his region/name changed 12 days ago.

You know, it makes the fact we had a big comeback that game all the better.
That's actual insane behaviour, really creepy.

Also I thought he either sounded like a girl or a young kid, I was confused for the entire game I played with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom