• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found out that undying is pretty decent handling the current meta,

Undying is great at early game aggro when people don't know how to deal with it.

He basically counters everyone if they underestimate his capabilities.

I wouldn't necessarily chalk that up to him countering every strong hero in this meta though.

It's been awhile but in a game where Axe has items.. tomb zombies proc counter helix.. so that's always fun for your teammates.

So apparently things are getting pretty heated.

Does anyone know approximately what percentage of players that signed up have participated in the inhouses? I realize that that's probably asking for too much.

Deadly

seriously

what is happening

what happened between this thread and the guy that he'd go to these lengths

played 2 IHLs with him...i was wondering why he sounded like an oompa loompa being strangled

Ban imminent.

That's actual insane behaviour, really creepy.

Also I thought he either sounded like a girl or a young kid, I was confused for the entire game I played with him.
Why does he even bother using his mic though?

kvk1

Why does he even bother using his mic though?

Communication is the key to success.

highfive.gif

Sniper eats tombstone once he gets mask or literally any item after boots/aquilla. Tombstone still needs a buff to not be super weak, its also shit against troll cause he can quickly destroy it, Undying might win the lane but lose the game.

I agree, tombstone should work just like Pugna ward, make it last a certain number of hits instead of it being HP based, but even then I still think he currently is a very viable hero, he can hold down towers pretty darn well, and his pushing capabilities are not to be scoffed at.

KingKong

Slahsers way for windrunner (rushing aghs) seems cool. Maybe phase and bottle -> blink -> aghs -> mkb or whatever?

I think his way is skipping blink (and bottle? not sure) and going straight aghs but I dont know about that

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It definitely is, but remember that it's three people that have never played together or talked to each other previous to that game. trilanes require somebody to take the lead, and the other two to be willing to listen. That just didn't happen and everyone was focused solely on his hero most of the time.

Definitely agree. Yeah, like I said playing in the opposite way that what you had in mind in the fountain just puts you off your game, at least it often does for me, I guess that's one difference between the highest rated players and us commons, ability to adapt.
ur higher mmr than me m8
Who or what is meeru?
Map hacker in SC2GAF friendlies and 4 or 5 alt accounts on GAF that have all gotten banned now.

ur higher mmr than me m8

Map hacker in SC2GAF friendlies and 4 or 5 alt accounts on GAF that have all gotten banned now.

it's gotta be more than 4 or 5 since I've been around for that many and he already had a reputation for making alts. Unless some of the supposed meerus were just awful posters and that's why they got banned.

Linkark07

Banned
Played a match with support bounty hunter. It has been a while since I used Gondar, so good.

Other team really wanted me dead. 3 gems. Funny story? They lost those gems. And that's without counting the dusts and sentries.

Got a question though, what items would you buy for a support BH, besides of course, wards? At the end, had like 6k of gold unused.

Kalnos

Banned
Played a match with support bounty hunter. It has been a while since I used Gondar, so good.

Other team really wanted me dead. 3 gems. Funny story? They lost those gems. And that's without counting the dusts and sentries.

Got a question though, what items would you buy for a support BH, besides of course, wards? At the end, had like 6k of gold unused.

You have tons of item options as bounty, depends a lot on what you're up against.... I usually pick up some combination of drums, vlads, medallion, urn.

Linkark07

Banned
You have tons of item options as bounty, depends a lot on what you're up against.... I usually pick up some combination of drums, vlads, medallion, urn.

Bought all of those, with the exception of medallion. Instead, had a Desolator.

Might need to add a blink there too.

DrPizza

Banned
Slahsers way for windrunner (rushing aghs) seems cool. Maybe phase and bottle -> blink -> aghs -> mkb or whatever?

I think his way is skipping blink (and bottle? not sure) and going straight aghs but I dont know about that

He goes bottle. Takes Windrunner mid.

It's an interesting build. Lately on Windrunner I've been rushing Orchid; I always feel it's more or less essential on int right clickers, because its stats are so all-round awesome--and 30% bonus damage doesn't hurt, either. Building her around her ult looks worth trying, though.

Windrunner is not my best hero, not by a long shot, but she's always been one of my favourites. I think she was the first hero I ever played, and I love her voice acting. She just seems so... bubbly. Like she's enjoying herself. And this is probably my favourite line in the whole game.

You know, it makes a lot of since. I was talking to Dreams I think after a game against him saying he he is pretty good for someone Dotabuff said had only played for 3 months and had a 47% winrate. For some reason I never even thought 'Oh, it just a banned user'. Looks like he bought an account from an SE Asia, since his region/name changed 12 days ago.

wtf.. whats with this meeru/ guy...
well good thing he got banned before the IHL started

Decided to hop in and play a match. Picked CM. Rest of the team picked carries. Got absolutely shit on. GG. Got a drop though, so I have that going for me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That's how my first online match ended. I guess... it could be worse? Oh well, I have much to learn.

dota_2015_03_25_01_07fsu4m.png
Was gonna say people were smurfing, but no one has over 100 cs so probably not. Yeah Viper will click people and they will die.

Suggest watching some first page games in client to see how people play from player perspective.

Raytow

Oh lol so that's why genos sounded so weird he was using a filter, top kek, at least this one wasn't a douchebag, he is improving.

abunai

screenshot2015-03-25187r2q.png

happytears.gif

Hopefully my ISP will have fixed my internet today, and I can play an IHL game finally. I have this issue where connecting to mumble results in me getting a 35,000 - 250,000ms UDP ping (not a typo, similar results in TCP mode) as soon as more than 3 people are talking in the same channel. I can ping the same server through a terminal at the same time and get 20ms. Never experienced anything like this before; it only occurs with mumble also. Frustrating.

abunai

Monoprice 8328 + modmic 4.0 would be a good combo.
Alternatively, a random clipon microphone and Koss PRODJ 100 if you want to spend more on the headphones side of things

Unai

Was gonna say people were smurfing, but no one has over 100 cs so probably not. Yeah Viper will click people and they will die.

Suggest watching some first page games in client to see how people play from player perspective.

Good idea, I'll watch some.

I was surprised no else was trying to deny. It seemed that it would be such an important part of the game for what I read before.

Good idea, I'll watch some.

I was surprised no else was trying to deny. It seemed that it would be such an important part of the game for what I read before.
It is, it's just something that newer players either don't know about or just don't do. To be fair I don't recall the tutorial teaching me about denying, I picked up way more stuff by visiting DotaGAF and asking questions. Also, your team seemed to have a rough time figuring out that last hitting is even a thing(also not surprising), I'm guessing they were auto attacking creeps in lane?

shira

Monoprice 8328 + modmic 4.0 would be a good combo.
Alternatively, a random clipon microphone and Koss PRODJ 100 if you want to spend more on the headphones side of things

Do you mean 8323?

It is, it's just something that newer players either don't know about or just don't do. To be fair I don't recall the tutorial teaching me about denying, I picked up way more stuff by visiting DotaGAF and asking questions.

Another really good place is /r/dota2 has a stupid questions of the week done by Intolerable - every week.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2dn3gw/the_134th_weekly_stupid_questions_thread/

The mods answer every question as sort of a noob FAQ. It's a really great resource if you write down questions and don't have time to figure them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom