• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

How on earth can I stop my mic from being activated in Dota?

I have removed the hotkey for voice chat, but the mic still activated everytime I use my push to talk key for mumble???

Only solution so far has been to just lower the voice volume to 0, but that doesn't seem like a very good solution as it's annoying to see the voice icon appear everytime I say something on mumble

Options

Audio Video

Untick enable open mic at the bottom of the Audio column

Also:

GdWT3NF.png

Aghs Tree seems pretty good

aeolist

Banned
eyes in the forest needs to be much more limited, either a hard cap on the number of tree minions or destroying them when overgrowth gets used maybe

Trickster

Options

Audio Video

Untick enable open mic at the bottom of the Audio column

I did that plenty of times and it didn't work.

However I did find the solution, apparently, you had to set your push to talk key in dota 2, to the same key it was in the chat program you were using outside of dota, and then reset it back to the default keybind in dota 2. Makes perfect sense i know right ...

Chris R

imo the vision is the stupidly OP part of the spell, nerfing the overgrowth aspect doesn't do much

Maybe only give the vision in a similar radius then as well?

I like Aghs Tree just the way it is now, but seeing muh carry bitch about zero farm because of tree isn't fun

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i dunno about aghs tree, i feel like maybe they could cap it at 4/5/6 trees or something per ult level? idk, that would still save the cost of wards which is a nice advantage to tree's team. at the moment it's just boring and dumb because in addition to generating ridiculous farm for yourself you also deny farm to your own team as well so they end up having the world's most boring game.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't know why Tree aghs needs to be changed. It's not imbalanced and I've never seen it cause a problem personally. It's a dumb gimmicky thing that can be effective or also wildly useless just like a lot of pub things.

It doesn't need changed.

Turns him into a perfectly viable, but easy to counter, late game support.

Outside of pub games.. teams aren't going to have their supports sucking up all the farm just for lulz.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't know why Tree aghs needs to be changed. It's not imbalanced and I've never seen it cause a problem personally. It's a dumb gimmicky thing that can be effective or also wildly useless just like a lot of pub things.

yep, tree is rarely picked these days anyway (in both pubs and competitive) and aghs was used to great effect in ONE competitive game, no need for kneejerk nerfs to an already unpopular hero

I mean I can pick furion in pub games, go midas/aghs/refresher and suck literally all the farm out of the map to the detriment of my team--doesn't mean that needs to be changed or nerfed. There are a lot of gimmicks in dota that can be detrimental to your allies...

Acinixys

It doesn't need changed.

Turns him into a perfectly viable, but easy to counter, late game support.

Outside of pub games.. teams aren't going to have their supports sucking up all the farm just for lulz.

Unless its the hilarious Empowered and Bloodlusted carry Tree, which is brutal to play against

yep, tree is rarely picked these days anyway and aghs was used to great effect in ONE competitive game, no need for kneejerk nerfs to an already unpopular hero

i mean i can pick furion in pub games, go midas/aghs/refresher and suck literally all the farm from the map to the detriment of my team--doesn't mean that needs to be changed or nerfed. There are a lot of gimmicks in dota that can be detrimental to your allies...

its like twice i think

it was a few weeks ago too

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
yep, tree is rarely picked these days anyway (in both pubs and competitive) and aghs was used to great effect in ONE competitive game, no need for kneejerk nerfs to an already unpopular hero

I mean I can pick furion in pub games, go midas/aghs/refresher and suck literally all the farm out of the map to the detriment of my team--doesn't mean that needs to be changed or nerfed. There are a lot of gimmicks in dota that can be detrimental to your allies...

but does that also give you basically total vision of the map, save your supports literally thousands of gold in ward costs, and give you a global root?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
but does that also give you basically total vision of the map, save your supports literally thousands of gold in ward costs, and give you a global root?

All of which is generally easily countered with gem/wards or just punishing the enemy team which has a support who is more focused on the late game than the early game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tree should just get Bulbasaur's moveset.

Q - Leech Seed
W - Vine Whip
E - Razor Leaf
R - Solar Beam

gCc6t4h.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I mean I get that tree aghs doesnt really like ruin loads of games or anything but at the same time it's pretty silly

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think every modern Aghs effect has been designed to have a lot of "WOW" factor. Tree's just happens to actually work out, unlike Infinite Chain Frost.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, taking a closer look at the icons, Sniper's Headshot looks like it features a stylized variation of the Beta Creeps.

Headshot_icon.png

HCfS2BT.jpg

Also, I forgot Sniper didn't get new icon until a year into the Beta. I didn't remember them being so bad.
20121003222705%21Shrapnel_icon.png
20121003222757%21Take_Aim_icon.png
20121003222736%21Headshot_icon.png
20121003222720%21Assassinate_icon.png

I guess they didn't look to bad in game:

Lich's aghs is very useful against a team with multiple illusion or summon heroes. Normally they just soak up the chain frost bounces, but that doesnt matter with aghs.

And about skill icons, tide's are my favorite:

Gush_icon.png
Anchor_Smash_icon.png
Kraken_Shell_icon.png
Ravage_icon.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Lich's aghs is very useful against a team with multiple illusion or summon heroes. Normally they just soak up the chain frost bounces, but that doesnt matter with aghs.

And about skill icons, tide's are my favorite:

Gush_icon.png
Anchor_Smash_icon.png
Kraken_Shell_icon.png
Ravage_icon.png

it's such a minor thing but the skill icons are so inconsistent in quality, tide's are amazing but kunkka's...

Ghostship_icon.png

8be5ead6.gif

Acinixys

Just make every attack Treant lands passively mini-bash.

I once had the idea that with Aghs Leech Seed should be applied to all enemies caught in Overgrowth

But then I worked it out and it would heal everyone in the AOE for 1800 HP

Seems balanced

it's such a minor thing but the skill icons are so inconsistent in quality, tide's are amazing but kunkka's...

Brew and Venge also have super shitty skill icons

Wok

I stop playing for tonight because most of my teammates have been noobs losing their lanes really hard. Why do I get matched with newbies like these?

manfestival

GG fellas, was fun playing my first inhouse with other GAFfers. Genos sounded like a robotic 12 year old, it was weird.

My first IHL, game with 1.09 in it, and victory against 1.09. I think I can call it quits for the day. Apparently my play wasn't all that bad for being on my crappy work computer with no mic. Also gg to gzzzz for believing in me :(

GG fellas, was fun playing my first inhouse with other GAFfers. Genos sounded like a robotic 12 year old, it was weird.

My first IHL, game with 1.09 in it, and victory against 1.09. I think I can call it quits for the day. Apparently my play wasn't all that bad for being on my crappy work computer with no mic. Also gg to gzzzz for believing in me :(

WP. As they said the impale on the Cent as soon as he blinked was
goodjob.gif

PS lets never talk about my first rosh attempt.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I stop playing for tonight because most of my teammates have been noobs losing their lanes really hard. Why do I get matched with newbies like these?

They are at your skill level and probably make it up elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom