• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WR is one buff from being broken so I'd rather not see buffs lol

But jeez, LC is really shit. I used to stomp fairly highly ranked pubs with her pre nerf but man, she was nerfed crazy hard. I remember people laughing at me for suggesting she received nerfs on Tinker-level but true was, most of these scrubs didn't play her as much or to the level I did. She lost so much lane control with the nuke nerf it's not funny.

I think WR is pretty decent right now but the stats don't lie, she's been picked fairly often and keeps losing games. Maybe just a base strength buff so she can offlane more easily and has more survivability. Super late game she already becomes a monster.

shira

cBj1LTf.png

This alliance tree aghs they successfully run is really disgusting. Tree aghs + some good latergamers like troll/sniper and you're on the biggest clock ever.

Having to get rid of the eyes is just kind of infeasible. Like even if you have the likes of Timber or Windrunner. You still have to find the trees (with detection at hand!) and mow them down. Doing so not only exposes your position but simply takes a while because they may be planted just about everywhere.

And when you do NOT have a hero that easily clears trees with a spammable, low-cd ability, you're just straight out screwed. Even something like Bat or Phoenix isn't much good because you simply don't want to waste the firefly/sunbeam/dive cooldowns to clear trees. Even if it's super lategame and someone got 30k gold left over, carrying around 50 billion tangos still takes up a slot and using them still takes up plenty time.

Tree Aghs may be the currently scariest timing based item. Fearing Naga or Spectre Radiance timing is one thing pales to this fucker.

This alliance tree aghs they successfully run is really disgusting. Tree aghs + some good latergamers like troll/sniper and you're on the biggest clock ever.

Having to get rid of the eyes is just kind of infeasible. Like even if you have the likes of Timber or Windrunner. You still have to find the trees (with detection at hand!) and mow them down. Doing so not only exposes your position but simply takes a while because they may be planted just about everywhere.

And when you do NOT have a hero that easily clears trees with a spammable, low-cd ability, you're just straight out screwed. Even something like Bat or Phoenix isn't much good because you simply don't want to waste the firefly/sunbeam/dive cooldowns to clear trees. Even if it's super lategame and someone got 30k gold left over, carrying around 50 billion tangos still takes up a slot and using them still takes up plenty time.

Tree Aghs may be the currently scariest timing based item. Fearing Naga or Spectre Radiance timing is one thing pales to this fucker.

Batskater, enigma, timbersaw, dark seer, furion, magnus hell even wisp
There are plenty of good picks to destroy trees en masse

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Batskater, enigma, timbersaw, dark seer, furion, magnus hell even wisp
There are plenty of good picks to destroy trees en masse
Timber or Tangos + detection is the only way to do it.

Had to play vs one and it's ridiculous how much time and info you give away clearing them.

TommyT

Problem with WR is shackleshot is not a reliable enough spell, windrun isn't also not a super great spell.

I disagree. It being a guaranteed stun regardless of the 'shackle' makes it a valuable spell already. Being able to hit it and make it more valuable is part of the skill of the hero. Windrun, while not great, is still quite good. Guaranteed miss chance on physical attacks is quite impactful early game. The slow is meh, and I don't remember if the disjoint is new; but again situational.

I wouldn't pick her early in the draft mind you. A two hero shackle can just win a team fight, though. Worth the pick!

Timber or Tangos + detection is the only way to do it.

Had to play vs one and it's ridiculous how much time and info you give away clearing them.

Timber vs Tree now in PR vs NIP. Didn't see the draft so I dunno if it was a response pick but I'm curious how this turns out (if tree even gets to aghs that is). Seeing the storm pick...he's actually really good at destroying trees too lategame, especially if you rack up a high charge bloodstone.

Deadly

Source please. You repost pictures every day from Reddit and other places without linking to them. I wouldn't mind getting some context for something as important as this at least.
Probably an old picture, if it's real it would be all over reddit already.

shira

Please tell me this isn't real.

Source please. You repost pictures every day from Reddit and other places without linking to them. I wouldn't mind getting some context for something as important as this at least.

Nah, that's like DK's invite from 2012

Does Navi even have five members?

sonneiko is a "stand-in" - I guess they will try him out. But I mean idk wtf Valve is gonna do here. They said the two biggest factors in TI invites are LAN performance and team stability. Either they already know they are invited or they aren't invited and this is some crazy qualifier last minute switcheroo because they don't have any LAN's lined up before the May 1st deadline. They didn't qualify for MLG or Starladder.

Big Dog

Probably an old picture, if it's real it would be all over reddit already.

Ok then. I can never tell where half the pictures he posts are from. Usually it's just front page reddit memes but I don't recognize the small minority. Really do wish he would link to sources though.

shira

Ok then. I can never tell where half the pictures he posts are from. Usually it's just front page reddit memes but I don't recognize the small minority. Really do wish he would link to sources though.

I almost always cite my source. If I don't it's probably a joke post.

So NIP does have aghs Tree but the significantly worse lategame imo. That coupled with the fact that Storm and Timber are amazing at cutting down the tree eyes on mass will probably psell doom for NIP.

i am seeing a hell of a lot of tree aghs today

weren't people saying yesterday that it never happens and isn't a problem?
I don't know about it never happening, saw madshka get a 24 minute one as a hard support vs NiP(game was relatively even too), just need some time farming and not buying support items. It doesn't have to be a huge problem but it's definitely something that's a pain in the ass to get rid of.

shira

i am seeing a hell of a lot of tree aghs today

weren't people saying yesterday that it never happens and isn't a problem?

It's so bad on trench pub supports. Literally waiting 42 minutes to get it by afking or staying invisible.

Then's its like hey guys I got wards. Commend me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom