• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Tier
people who cite that dusa vs sb picture dont understand this game or what medusa is supposed to do.

Dusa's not meant for single target dps, rather she's a tanky aoe grindy carry. manta provides her with fantastic farming capabilities, a self-purge, and additional 56% dmg from illusions. For its cost, its one of the most beneficial items Medusa can get.

Red UFO

Yeah I always thought you built medusa to be a huge, damage soaking behemoth that basically functions as a damage over time type hero, rather than a straight right click dps.

DrPizza

Banned
By the time you get orchid he'll have bkb

So why do people do manta skadi linkens on dusa ?
There is no way you win with this build, it is absolute fucking trash and you're just a glorified ranged creep with good EHP. Damage is fucking ass with this, like 140 with split shot on.

You get the linkens because it's the only mana regen item that Medusa is likely to build, and because it means she can get off stone gaze, which is tremendously important when she's farming. It synergizes much better than BKB, because Medusa benefits from both int and str, instead of just str.

Manta is strong because she's a slow-ass snake lady who's also an agi carry.

Acinixys

Actually nevermind omniknight is the worst piece of shit in the game

You can do absolutely nothing in the laning phase but stack and pull. Can't gank, can't harass, just heal and pull. Nothing. Else.

I disagree

Level degen aura level one and get a OoV. Then walk into lane and smack bitches. They will be slow as balls and will eat a shit load of right clicks

You just gotta play the hero right to have fun

docbon

My sick potato strat for omni consist of heal bombing allied heroes with gap closers / invisibility. The pure damage is reeeal.

I think i'll do the degen + oov next game just for laughs, though.

Zoon

First picks storm and says: 'I first pick mid so noobs won't go', 0-5-1, game was over in 20 mins.Love these guys.

Sanjay

dphsF1B.gif

omg 13 hits, that's like more then 2000 damage.

I will buy Poor Man's Shield on every hero now, best item in the game, this picture just proves it to me, thanks for telling me.

This thread is very informative, especially when its in picture form so you don't have to even read.

You get the linkens because it's the only mana regen item that Medusa is likely to build, and because it means she can get off stone gaze, which is tremendously important when she's farming. It synergizes much better than BKB, because Medusa benefits from both int and str, instead of just str.

Manta is strong because she's a slow-ass snake lady who's also an agi carry.

Linkens is good if the enemy has ONE jumper with ONE instant disable. People make linkens all the time no matter what. Bloodstone is a better mana regen item for dusa, and has more benefits. So linkens can be good sometimes on dusa, but that's not all the time like pubtrash think. Good against lion or bat for example. Yes skadi is core on dusa though.

Manta fucking sucks on dusa period. You want MS ? Get phase yasha.

I disagree

Level degen aura level one and get a OoV. Then walk into lane and smack bitches. They will be slow as balls and will eat a shit load of right clicks

You just gotta play the hero right to have fun
That's not happening in a dual vs dual lane situation, especially if the other dual is two ranged.

Satch

Banned
this techies on my team just delayed a game until medusa on the other team was fat, made a swastika under our tower with his mines, bought a divine rapier, and then fed it away and we lost

lmao

Yeah I always thought you built medusa to be a huge, damage soaking behemoth that basically functions as a damage over time type hero, rather than a straight right click dps.

Eventually you need to get damage on her. But it can usually wait until 35+ minutes to do so because your ability to tank and right-click is usually enough. Assuming you have Skadi/Bfly + Manta up by that time (and you should have 2 of those 3 by 35 minutes or something went terribly wrong).

this techies on my team just delayed a game until medusa on the other team was fat, made a swastika under our tower with his mines, bought a divine rapier, and then fed it away and we lost

lmao

Pretty sure all the best shit happens to you, Satch. Sounds like a replay of that match with Botty.

BHK3

Banned

lmao

I didnt see the techies and thought you meant my game just now. Enemy pudge sold all his items and warded their whole base. I lost my rapier and it came down to a baserace, I blame literally everything on ogre making it a very very painful game for me fyi.

e63c591bc8.jpg

627ef03d4e.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
A clip recorded just tonight for those "Manta" non-believers.

Ignore the part where I'm playing sniper.

Such a fun hero. A-click the ground and tab out for a fap. Come back and claim your W.

Even against Bat or LC linkens Dusa seems questionable, since for the most part you're the last person they want to ult. Lassoing a Medusa into the middle of your team so she can survive and stone gaze everyone is not a good way to start a fight. Maybe if you want to spend a lot of time split pushing it's good, but I'm not sure how much of that you should be doing since Medusa can death ball pretty well with a fairly cheap inventory. I don't honestly think she's that great in super late game.

Sianos

I was lazy and threw in the first gif I found to a post that otherwise had words. It even had a third core item, which undermined my own point that Linkens -> Manta is not very effective. Lesson learned.

Wow, it's a lot easier to address a post when I cut all the words out, good idea. /s

Joking aside, I still don't think Manta is a good second core item after a Linkens rush on Medusa. The damage over time aspect from just Linkens and Manta feels low and negligible in a teamfight when I play against it. I'm not sure how the split shot penalty interacts with illusions - since it is a base damage penalty I assume that it is relevant when the illusions spawned from a lower base damage, and possibly again since the illusions can have it active. I'll test later.

I just feel like as a second core, especially following a Linkens rush, there are better choices. Can't deny the utility, but it's certainly better when she has more stats behind it first.

I was lazy and threw in the first gif I found to a post that otherwise had words. It even had a third core item, which undermined my own point that Linkens -> Manta is not very effective. Lesson learned.

Wow, it's a lot easier to address a post when I cut all the words out, good idea. /s

Joking aside, I still don't think Manta is a good second core item after a Linkens rush on Medusa. The damage over time aspect from just Linkens and Manta feels low and negligible in a teamfight when I play against it. I'm not sure how the split shot penalty interacts with illusions - since it is a base damage penalty I assume that it is relevant when the illusions spawned from a lower base damage, and possibly again since the illusions can have it active. I'll test later.

I just feel like as a second core, especially following a Linkens rush, there are better choices. Can't deny the utility, but it's certainly better when she has more stats behind it first.

I feel like linkens rush might be the actual problem. Linkens is such a questionable item in so many cases and I dont think rushing it is really ever good on 99% of heros, dusa included. Yasha>Skadi>Manta or Manta>Skadi both strike me as way better. Even some MoM shenanigans sounds acceptable.

I'm not even sure Linken's is a good pick up on Dusa now (apart from vs Doom, Batrider, etc). Mael/Manta or Skadi/Manta or another thing seems like a better option.

http://i.cubeupload.com/7W0Pck.jpg http://i.cubeupload.com/VpyTpB.jpg

Also I don't know which one of these two machines looks cooler, please help

Fuck manta, yasha only. And if you get maelstrom don't upgrade it please.
If you ever get linkens, getting it first is hardly recommendable, it gives jackshit and doesn't help your farming at all, you want items with damage and/or MS to farm more efficiently your other items.
Casual perseverance if you're farming comfortably ? Sure, it's not that bad, get the linkens later when you actually need the spell block (if you need it, that is)

Red gazelle looks far better.

I immediately mark anyone rushing a linkens on dusa as mentally challenged.

You have a built-in ability that allows you to hit every opposing team member at the same time. And you build... mana regen? YOU HAVE A MANA-STEAL ABILITY.

Skadi is a good item, but situational, only if you have a hard time surviving, and manta is too little damage for the price, has no synergy with dusa.

Aquila -> Phase -> Yasha -> Maelstrom -> Daedalus. You'll be hitting like a truck, will have chasing power and they still won't kill you because all you need to do is press R and they'll have to turn away. This time however, by the time the ult ends, half their team is dead instead of being a time-out.

Aquila -> Phase -> Yasha -> Maelstrom -> Daedalus. You'll be hitting like a truck, will have chasing power and they still won't kill you because all you need to do is press R and they'll have to turn away. This time however, by the time the ult ends, half their team is dead instead of being a time-out.
This build will see you killed in every single fight. This has absolutely 0 stats, and daedalus is pretty shitty on dusa except if you have one main target you want to take down in priority.

Agree on aquila phase yasha, but then you need some stats to tank some shit, dusa has garbage stats gain, you can't survive with +3 str/intel alone.

shira

1917125_big.jpg

I hope VG plays Tinker in Bucharest. That's gonna be some EE tier psychological battling - playing against those who kicked you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom