• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPizza

Banned
I have just had the perfect BS game and I lost it... to a Sniper defending his base for 30 min.

wB65gXI.png

I don't want to play this game anymore.

Enough of Sniper.

Blink hex?
Blink abyssal?
(gimmicky, but...) rupture into mass force staff?
Five necrobooks?

Sniper didn't even have bkb...

prepare to work for free.

This is bad advice, do not take it. You should be aware that the work you do is valuable and expect to be paid for it.

(Paid) Internships can be a necessary evil, where you end up doing the job of a full-time employee for half the salary. It's a relatively low-risk method for the company to take a bet on someone who might not have the necessary qualifications/experience, but can still do the job as needed anyway.

If you want to PM me your resume I can take a look at it and give you my thoughts.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tide Hunter is good since one of his passives unstuns him and he is tanky. Lich has an ability to regain mana and get an XP advantage. Jugg is a late game core with abilities that are pretty strong even with out items.

Wraith King only has one active ability and a second life, he's still a strong hero in all phases of the game despite his simplicity. Also you can run him as a core or a support, I'd call him the ultimate noob hero.

Dragon Knight is relatively straightforward as well with a lot of simple spells and he doesn't die easily. Most find him boring but I disagree. Viper(and Razor to a lesser extent) is in the same boat.

Crystal Maiden has a passive that regens mana which is nice to have when you're inexperienced with how to properly preserve mana, but she is super easy to kill if caught out.

Honestly, the hero I had the easiest time playing at the beginning was Lina. Long range attack and spells, and very straightfoward.

I got my first win with Lina, but she's not an "easy" hero in the traditional sense. You have to be able to hit her stun, and that takes quite awhile to get the hang of. Not to mention having one of the worst last-hit animations in the game. She's much better than she was 3 years ago when her ult cooldown was similar to Lions and her attack range was like 30% shorter, but at least you can "secure" some kills no matter what on a 60-second CD. But she's still not "easy".

For me Lina is one of the most flexible heroes I have played with, you can literally play her as any position with no downsides, you are still able to make high impact in the match no matter what (ofc as long as you and your team aren't a bunch of stinkers.)

Lina worst last-hit animations WHAT? Zeus, BH and Razor are far worse, way harder for those 3 to predict when the damn attack will hit IMO.

hon confirmed better than dota.

the all dota heroes team is losing badly.

ps: i miss the gender swap skins from hon.

AgituY7.jpg

edit: rofl this storm chen combo shenanigans

yeah thats actually hilarious

also this really highlights a lot of the changes in the last few years of dotes

these supports have literally nothing (lvl 8 support with a lvl 25 carry), there is nothing going on for 10 minutes at a time (say what you will about the last two years of balance and even the newer comeback stuff, but ganks and fighting are happening at least instead of afk boring farm), the kills are low

its a whole different game

edit this midas dude is insane

Wok

Blink hex?
Blink abyssal?
(gimmicky, but...) rupture into mass force staff?
Five necrobooks?

Sniper didn't even have bkb...

I had necro 3 on courier, used it from everytime the cooldown was off, but it did not help pushing high ground.

I think I should have sold blademail for blink and let them push a bit and smoke them out of their base.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Bulldog playing subgames again and I am actually dying watching this.
facepalm.gif

edit: HOLY SHIT BULLDOG JUST KILLED ONE OF HIS SUBS FROM 100% HP TO ZERO WITH A SINGLE TERROR BLADE ILLUSION LESS THAN TEN MINUTES INTO THE GAME I AM GOING TO DIE PLEASE SEND HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom