• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

playing Pillars of Eternity really makes you appreciate how well and intuitively WC3/Dota implemented all its rpg mehanics (especially with the improvements in the last few patches)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, I'm graduating in a month with a BS in Computer Science but don't have any job lined up. Do you guys have any job hunting tips?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Apply even if the position "requires" two years of experience or whatever.
Any tips for finding places out side the standard indeed/dice/monster/linkedin. Schools career board is really poor, very few postings and many are just bad offers (like in the last week, one has pay of $35k, and another is requiring 5 years of experience)

Literally 4 anchors

Artour is showing some really mediocre play lately. He's like the anti-Loda in versatility in carry heroes and now he's not even doing that well on the few heroes he does play.

Chris R

Any tips for finding places out side the standard indeed/dice/monster/linkedin. Schools career board is really poor, very few postings and many are just bad offers (like in the last week, one has pay of $35k, and another is requiring 5 years of experience)

Just think of the businesses in the area that have more than 50 employees. School Districts, City/County/State governments, ect.

Also I'm guessing your state has a jobs board as well so I'd check that out.

I found my current job on Craigslist. They wanted 2 years .Net and HTML/CSS/Javascript. I had 4 years Java, but when someone needs to hire, sometimes the requirements are tweaked a bit

shira

100% inhouse winrate
4mC962j.gif

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

A lot of places only take direct applications, which doesn't help you at all.

What sort of skills do you have anyway?

Craigslist is good for finding software jobs at a variety of levels, from entry to veteran.

Def check your local area (or any other areas you may be interested in relocating to).

Acinixys

Go to where you want to work and hand in a CV. Ive been job searching for over a year and this has been fairly successful in getting calls

Dota related, there has been a shitload of Night Stalker picks in the last two days

Zai has level 6 but didn't level Lasso

okay

is that a thing? He leveled it at 8.

edit: now he doesn't get level 2 Lasso at 11, I'm pretty sure that's just dumb.

Wok

I have just had the perfect BS game and I lost it... to a Sniper defending his base for 30 min.

wB65gXI.png

I don't want to play this game anymore.

Enough of Sniper.

Wok

wrong screenshot?

I edited the post. You might have seen it before the edit.

You can click on the screenshot, it leads to the game, in which I have settled my new record of kills.

I have no idea how I could have won this game. I was like 21-1 with a big advantage and I end up 34-8 with a loss.

wV1cNYH.png

The gold advantage was so high, yet high-ground was impossible to take after 30 min.

You can click on the screenshot, it leads to the game, in which I have settled my new record of kills.

the issue was that you mention Sniper, but your screenshot doesn't show sniper. It cuts off at Medusa, the first Dire hero.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

I have no idea how I could have won this game. I was like 21-1 with a big advantage and I end up 34-8 with a loss.

wV1cNYH.png

The gold advantage was so high, yet high-ground was impossible to take after 30 min.
You need early rax, then an early second rax. Towers aren't enough. Fighting into Sniper / Medusa sucks and Slardar will have an answer to you (to let sniper ping you), bait Medusa ulti then fight at rax again with Aegis. It's just reading game states like putting a morbid mask on courier to solo Roshan or something, usually a way to do it. Even Smoke on courier -> Blink BKB Abyssal Sniper if you can't run at him because they have so many stuns + Dusa ulti stopping you from running to him since your BKB was so late.

DrPizza

Banned
Zai has level 6 but didn't level Lasso

okay

is that a thing? He leveled it at 8.

edit: now he doesn't get level 2 Lasso at 11, I'm pretty sure that's just dumb.

It's because he didn't have blink, so skilled to jungle faster instead. I've seen a few pros do that on Batrider lately, and I think it makes sense.

Was really hoping Secret would lose. Oh well.

So who else reported you? Since the system just takes into consideration games reported in, multiple reports in a single game are treated as one.

how would I know ? you got nothing to tell you that you got reported. I never feed or abandon, but hey, "only trashtalking will never get you to LPQ right xddd"

It's funny how the 3 times I got sent to LPQ it was after a 4stack game.

inkls

how would I know ? you got nothing to tell you that you got reported. I never feed or abandon, but hey, "only trashtalking will never get you to LPQ right xddd"

its funny because you also happened to be in all the games you were reported in too xddd

coincidence? i think not

Mohasus

Considering I've never seen a non-toxic post from you, I'd say there is a high chance that you were reported in many matches before the one with the stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom