• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the most depressing game recently, had a doom that went blink aghs... and never once blink ganked, instead he used it to initiate into a full team. Obviously we got annihilated. I'm sure it wasn't the only reason but god damn why.

Hylian7

everything i fucking hate about reddit balance debates in one post:
1) Everything I think is UP needs a REWORK; I want the entire goddam hero remade.
2) The classic "EVERYTHING they do is done better by other heroes" -- literally every balance argument is better than this one.
3) Throw out the classic "no utility" because every hero needs major "utility," fuck what actually is "utility," fuck it's not like a big part of dota "utility" comes from items, fuck, "utility" is also relative from game to game and often based on hero lineups
4) Dota heroes can, in fact, be counterpicked.THIS IS A TRAVESTY!!!!
5) Hero is situational = not picked in every competitive game = needs major buffs (or REWORK). The goal of goddamn dota balance is that every hero is situational, a hero fitting into literally every single team regardless of ally or enemy comp. is the very definition of "OP" imo.

FUK REDDIT
/end rant

Only hero I know of that fits this is Huskar. Hero is still useless. Is he even picked in competitive games ever?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Only hero I know of that fits this is Huskar. Hero is still useless. Is he even picked in competitive games ever?

Even Huskar doesn't fit this. He's pretty bad cause he's countered by 90% of drafts, but he's still a god against 5 magic damage teams, and works extremely well with heroes that can keep him alive (abaddon, dazzle, tree, etc...). A hero can be pretty bad overall, but that still doesn't mean "other heroes do what X does, but better, in every situation." No, they don't. No one beats up 5 nukers quite like Huskar, not to mention no other str hero can really dominate a lane in the way he can.

I absolutely hate generalizations like that, same deal with throwing out the good ol' "utility." Utility in dota is very relative, not to mention itemization plays a big part in "utility."

Smithy C

Decided to switch it up and (finally) play Darksiders, but it crashed like five minutes into the game. So I went back to Dota and it can't connect to the servers.

Do I just quit video games altogether now?

Hylian7

Even Huskar doesn't fit this. He's pretty bad cause he's countered by 95% of drafts, but he's still a god against 5 magic damage teams. A hero can be pretty bad overall, but that still doesn't mean "other heroes do what X does, but better, in every situation." No, they don't. No one beats up 5 nukers quite like Huskar, not to mention no other str hero can really dominate a lane in the way he can.

I absolutely hate generalizations like that, same deal with throwing out the good ol' "utility." Utility in dota is very relative, not to mention itemization plays a big part in "utility."

At the same time though, who would draft a 5-magic damage team and not ban him, let alone draft one at all outside of a pub?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Decided to switch it up and (finally) play Darksiders, but it crashed like five minutes into the game. So I went back to Dota and it can't connect to the servers.

Do I just quit video games altogether now?

Go take a walk in the park.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
At the same time though, who would draft a 5-magic damage team and not ban him, let alone draft one at all outside of a pub?

People that think:

If you'd ban Huskar when drafting a nuke-heavy team, your basically admitting that he's not entirely useless--I don't think any hero in dota is useless, every hero excels in some situation. I'm not arguing that the hero is good. I'm just saying he's not entirely worthless. He definitely needs some buffs. To answer your last question: http://www.datdota.com/hero.php?q=Huskar.

Hylian7

People that think:

If you'd ban Huskar when drafting a nuke-heavy team, your basically admitting that he's not entirely useless--I don't think any hero in dota is useless, every hero excels in some situation. I'm not arguing that the hero is good. I'm just saying he's not entirely worthless. He definitely needs some buffs. To answer your last question: http://www.datdota.com/hero.php?q=Huskar.

But my point was if the lineup he specifically counters will just ban him anyway, why would you ever pick him? He has good lane presence, and then he just becomes so useless.

Like in that link there, he does get picked some, but looking at his overall stats on DatDota for 6.83, he's been picked only nine times this patch. Hell he's even below Pudge (albeit barely), who is considered to be a bad hero by many people (as much as I disagree).

I'm not saying he needs a total rework, but I think he certainly needs....something. As for what, I have no idea. When Berserker's Blood got reworked, I thought it would catapult him into OP territory, and I was sort of right, as he was absolutely bullshit with the Charles Barkley build (Ghost Scepter), then they fixed it where you couldn't orb attack through Ethereal form anymore and then by the time he was enabled in CM, he wasn't very good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wouldn't mind froggy bringing back charles barkley huskar.

There's enough physical damage/pure damage now that it wouldn't be as destructive as before.

Strider

I've never been all that into cosmetics but I went and bought like $30 worth of stuff today including 3 sets. Welp.

When can the DAC items hit the marketplace? I need those rapiers.

Hylian7

I wouldn't mind froggy bringing back charles barkley huskar.

There's enough physical damage/pure damage now that it wouldn't be as destructive as before.

It be one of those things he would have to remove from CM to try out. Regardless though, I don't see it happening as he would have to enable this for all heroes (unless it was some Huskar specific thing) as he probably had never meant for an absolutely ridiculous build like that, but who knows. Maybe he digged the idea to some degree.

Kenaras

Huskar's current form is complete bullshit. He deserves to be relatively underpowered overall, at least until he stops being bullshit. Alternately, if they want to keep his current form and buff him to be more competitive, he needs to be completely removed from game modes that have limited hero pools and no bans—Random Draft and Single Draft in particular.

(I realize the prevailing opinion in this thread is "don't play those modes," but those are the modes my friends enjoy most.)

Huskar is actually the one hero in dota I personally want to see reworked, or rather, un-reworked lol, as I hated his original rework from a crazy Berserker that could pull out a 1v5 to a kamikaze/ganking anti-mage.

Yeah, I liked his previous version. I don't like the new one at all, either in concept or in-game role.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
But my point was if the lineup he specifically counters will just ban him anyway, why would you ever pick him? He has good lane presence, and then he just becomes so useless.

Like in that link there, he does get picked some, but looking at his overall stats on DatDota for 6.83, he's been picked only nine times this patch. Hell he's even below Pudge (albeit barely), who is considered to be a bad hero by many people (as much as I disagree).

I'm not saying he needs a total rework, but I think he certainly needs....something. As for what, I have no idea. When Berserker's Blood got reworked, I thought it would catapult him into OP territory, and I was sort of right, as he was absolutely bullshit with the Charles Barkley build (Ghost Scepter), then they fixed it where you couldn't orb attack through Ethereal form anymore and then by the time he was enabled in CM, he wasn't very good.

No one is contesting most of your points. I just disagree that he's completely useless, because he's not. He can be useful in very specific situations, sadly that makes him a bad hero overall because he's "situational" taken to the most extreme.

Ironically, as much as I shat on "UP = immediate rework," Huskar is actually the one hero in dota I personally want to see reworked, or rather, un-reworked lol, as I hated his original rework from a crazy Berserker that could pull out a 1v5 to a kamikaze/ganking anti-mage. I don't like the increasing magic resistance as a concept at all, I wish icefrog would bring back the damage on berserker's blood and add some sort of CC reduction component as he gets lower. It feels fucking awful conceptually when BKB is still pretty core on a hero that can get up to 99% magic resistance.

Oh cool I got a luna mount with a kinetic gem
Liveliness_of_Lucentyr_Haste.gif

Another cool mount for my collection that will never be used in a match!

Low Tier

hero has a spot shitting on comps that don't have strong answers to him, or against shitty players overall. If you spam picked him you could break 4k maybe

Tieske

Neo Member
hero has a spot shitting on comps that don't have strong answers to him, or against shitty players overall. If you spam picked him you could break 4k maybe

wasn't there this high 5k/low 6k Huskar spammer

But yeah, the old Huskar was much more interesting as he was pretty juggling with his health all the time, which was badass. This iteration of husk is a trump card for drafters, screw that

Regarding Alch, while that hero isn't good right now I still think his spells have potential
Think they need to take another look at the way concotion charges and maybe tiny stat changes (his agi in particular is so trash) but I still had some pretty decent games offlaning him

I honestly think CK is pretty bad with Ult CD being so high and there being a lot of ways to get rid of his illusions(like Lion's Mana Drain). Maybe if they buffed him so you can't get rid of the illusions with Purge and they react like regular heroes when hex'd or mana drained.

As in you have to actually deal with the illusions.

bounchfx

really solid stuff in the first chest. I love the courier, luna, venge, axe, and the kotl is solid too though I really wish valve would tell the rest of us who's planned to go in the next round of new bloom sets. There's so many just incredible new bloom sets and I see so few represented in this first treasure. knowing that a bunch of us have to wait 1-2 more weeks on top of the month already just slays me with anticipation XD

goddamit volvvo

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Lol they nerfed that lvl 1 thundergod's wrath certain kill. I'm glad I abused it while it lasted.

Wok

Patch up!

- Released the first New Bloom Treasure along with a Charm version.

Year Beast Brawl:
-Global Active Abilities now scale based on game time, similar to the Beast Passive Upgrades:
-Thundergod's Wrath:
350 damage to 0-10 minutes: 125 damage, 10-20 minutes: 250 damage, 20+ minutes: 375 damage
-Global Chakra :
100% mana to 0-10 minutes: 60% mana, 10-20 minutes: 80% mana, 20+ minutes: 100% mana
-Hand of God:
300 health to 0-10 minutes: 200 health, 10-20 minutes: 300 health, 20+ minutes: 400 health
-Global Silence
5 seconds to 0-10 minutes: 4 seconds, 10-20 minutes: 5 seconds, 20+ minutes: 6 seconds.

-Fixed using beast actives while the game is paused

General:
-Fixed KOTL Illuminate, custom spirit models now appear when custom Illuminate is used with Spirit Form
- Support for High-DPI (4k) displays has been added. This requires Windows 8.1 or later. Dota 2 will now use the native resolution of High-DPI displays and will use larger mouse cursor sizes when available.

Treasure up!

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/11166?r=cd

e4HMEKB.png
feeDctX.png

manfestival

I did see the sven and courier items and loved them. The sven set is now officially the best looking set in dota 2 and then the Dragons Ascension follows closely after. Not really a fan of anything else and I am slightly disappointed that this is all there is. I kinda feel like they are holding out on us and that there are gonna be more items we can get that are new bloom related and not in a chest

Wok

I did see the sven and courier items and loved them. The sven set is now officially the best looking set in dota 2 and then the Dragons Ascension follows closely after. Not really a fan of anything else and I am slightly disappointed that this is all there is. I kinda feel like they are holding out on us and that there are gonna be more items we can get that are new bloom related and not in a chest

There will be another chest.

- Released the first New Bloom Treasure along with a Charm version.

DrPizza

Banned
The Nyx set is sweet. The Venge one is pretty good (but god, she already has a ton of good sets).

Meanwhile, the new Spider set still has the fucking misspelled name. I refuse to buy it until they fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom