• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

Husky don't need no charles barksley, he's good against a decent enough amount of lineups as a farmer.
The hero has indeed several problems:

- almost every carry counter him: jugger, lycan, AM, PL, PA, riki, ursa etc.... basically every agi rightclicker+ some str rightclickers like lycan and Leoric. Some of them simply roll over you like Jugg/Meepo/PA/PL. You need like 2 slots on them to win against them.
- a lot of others picks counter him, in particular one of the most picked shit in the game: axe. Then things like Tinker laser, Timber, Alchemist stuns, Lina agh ult, QoP ult etc...
- a lot of items counter him too. Blademail is incredibly strong against him because of his jump and dot that he can't stop. Halberd is a full 4.5 disarm on an hero that'd rather not go BkB. Sheep and whatever else. In general in the real lategame you are a non-issue because it's incredibly easy to control you
- you really want bkb against control lineups, but you have a skill that grant you 100% magic resist, making bkb sort of overpriced but W/e

It compensate all of the above by being a strong laner especially in side lanes and by having some really absurd early-lategame power if the enemy team isn't adequately farmed. Satanic Armlet Meka and you're fucking unkillable. It's funny because he feel a lot more like a mid snowball kind of hero but that's his worst lane due to the shortness of the lane and the range limitation.

The best and funnier way to make him a real pick is to decrease lvl 2 and 3 ulti cd, to give him more chasing power lategame vs all the kite and the ability to MLGdodge stuns with the leap animation. Or alternatively make Aghs ulti give +300 leap range Kappa.

Btw always take Berserker blood first level. Spears are like 15 damage for 20 as a dot on the enemy at lvl 1 absolutely not worth the average +20% spell resist and +30 ias at like 80% hp. I see a lot of people try and trade some hits with a low hp lvl 1 huskar with BB and they get FLATTENED when they realize that you have +120 ias at 30% hp and they die so fast. It's the funniest shit they come, nuke you, the nuke deal like 30 less damage than it should, then they start attack you, take you to half hp, then stun wear off and you attack back with 2 hiperstones worth of ias and trade kills. So good Kreygasm

EDIT: forgot about the composite->physical or universal->pure changes that nerfed him a bit too, as well as fucking AA well played you may ragequit now.

Oh boy, the first set I unbox is boobs

What the heck is Valve on with this set. Actually, never mind, I know why this set is in the game... but why...
I love how, to get it to fit over her default armor, they had to make them bigger.

Hupsel

Nice Luna set. I have the black hair Luna, still my favorite. New mount looks sweet tough.
Also, Luna buffs please. Lower Eclipse cooldown for the love of god or add ministuns to it.
dac15_fantastic.gif

Also QOP has a kite for wings in this set wtf

Acinixys

With todays YB bonus I had enough to get it to level 3 support and so did my friend (Level 3 has a 50% chance to refresh spells)

So we had a zeus, undying and lich on our team

Broke base with 5 tombstones, 6 zeus ults and 4 lich ults in a row

Its fucking stupid and broken and i haven't laughed so hard in a Dota game in ages

RS4-

I think I'll wait a week until that sven/courier is on the market, even though I don't use Sven.

Might just buy the charm and hope for the best.

Mohasus

Welp, my drops are getting worse each game.

My first uncommon bundle dropped just now, time to quit this shitty event (just got my jadehorn too).

Madouu

i'm so deep in the trench that a shadow shaman goes mid and my team still wins the game.

Shadow Shaman mid is legitimate. It maybe doesn't fit the current meta in pro play but it's certainly viable in pub games and low level play. It was also very popular a few years ago too when we had more play makers mid.

t0rment

it was the first time i've seen one though. there were better options in the team but i didn't want to discuss. but if the invoker on the other team were decent shaman would probably get destroyed.

Madouu

it was the first time i've seen one though. there were better options in the team but i didn't want to discuss. but if the invoker on the other team were decent shaman would probably get destroyed.

nope, SS has the tools to deal with current invoker, especially at early levels.

'that steve, he's a pretty cool guy and a decent dota player'

I remember saying that, fuck it I was wrong!

sephi22

I did see the sven and courier items and loved them. The sven set is now officially the best looking set in dota 2 and then the Dragons Ascension follows closely after. Not really a fan of anything else and I am slightly disappointed that this is all there is.
I know that taste is subjective, but that Sven set ain't even top 10. Dragon's Ascension is top 3 easy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Only 7 sets out of all the sets submitted? Thats it? I know there will be a second round, but it will likely be 7 more.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
got the sven set on my first treasure, p. happy with that

also the axe set is inscribed so that's nice too

rexor0717

Nice Luna set. I have the black hair Luna, still my favorite. New mount looks sweet tough.
Also, Luna buffs please. Lower Eclipse cooldown for the love of god or add ministuns to it.
dac15_fantastic.gif

Also QOP has a kite for wings in this set wtf

LOL I'd just love to see a test version of that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It used to have ministun.

It was glorious.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The price entered plus the sum of outstanding listings ($xxx.xx) and your current Steam Wallet balance of $xxx.xx exceed the maximum wallet balance of $500.00. You must spend some Steam Wallet funds or remove some of your other listings before you will be able to sell an item at that price.
wut

I guess that's why there are currency items. The hell do I buy.

Shinypogs

What the hell is it about this event that brings out the most irritating , immature, toxic people I've ever had to deal with? No one was ever this bad during diretide or wraith night. Seriously, I've never had to mute or report as many people as I feel the need to during year beast. How fucking hard is it to not harass people, to not act like a complete dickbag because you didn't get your way and to not make gendered insults and threats when I happen to use the mic as a female. I already have an enemy team to worry about, it'd be nice if the people I'm playing with weren't equally as distracting and problematic.

Not that the whole community is garbage, dotagaf has been incredibly kind and helpfull ( I will give away more sets at the end of the event) and I've met some wonderful players in games that I've befriended and continue to play with.

Still, some people are just the worst.

Valve why the hell can't I drag and drop any items if I'm currently using a filter? Are you seriously expecting me to tab through over a hundred pages to use your stupid Item Recycling thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom