• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Well, both teams have access to it is level 1.

Doesn't make it any less dumb. It comes down to a matter of "Who lands just one nuke and presses the button the fastest"

I really don't get that change of making the abilities available while he is dead. At LEAST save them for after first YB spawn.

BraXzy

Any of you guys upset at courier morph being taken out, or just indifferent?

I thought it was a cool feature tbh. If you often play Carry/Mid roles it gave you the chance to see your own courier which is neat, and if you were the Support and wanted to show off your own, you could lock it.

I don't get what the issue with it was.

Big Dog

Aui's stream right now is pretty awesome. It's ranked all pick: Aui Stack vs. Blitz stack. And my favorite non pro player Moo is on Aui's team. This dude Moo is 6.6k mmr and I am waiting for the day he either joins a pro team or brings up his own.

Valve must be stumped how to keep these sets to maintain their prices or maybe they stopped caring for old sets anyway.
Giving entire sets is very generous of them.

Jadax

Valve must be stumped how to keep these sets to maintain their prices or maybe they stopped caring for old sets anyway.

You can't trade or market the sets you get from this event.

Edit: the affect this will have on the set prices will be quite minimal, because the ratio of people playing dota, to playing and winning the event is quite low - not to mention there are hundreds of sets.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

You can't sell or trade them.

I feel like Valve has effectively admitted their earlier philosophy of "Make everything sellable" is a business failure.

Big Dog

I think the biggest failure of selling items is that no one seems to value their own things. It makes no sense to me that so many things are sold for less than 40 cents for no particular reasoning. A nice example is this brand new Jadehorn courier that requires 10 Year Beast wins to unlock. I have no desire to be playing that game mode, but the courier can ONLY be unlocked for having won 10 freaking matches. I can't imagine spending my time to unlock that so I would assume the courier to cost no less than $4 or something on the market. It's crazy to me that so many people will take the time to WIN 10 matches of the Year Beast Brawl only to sell their prize item for under 40 cents. I don't understand it.

Jadax

I think the biggest failure of selling items is that no one seems to value their own things. It makes no sense to me that so many things are sold for less than 40 cents for no particular reasoning. A nice example is this brand new Jadehorn courier that requires 10 Year Beast wins to unlock. I have no desire to be playing that game mode, but the courier can ONLY be unlocked for having won 10 freaking matches. I can't imagine spending my time to unlock that so I would assume the courier to cost no less than $4 or something on the market. It's crazy to me that so many people will take the time to WIN 10 matches of the Year Beast Brawl only to sell their prize item for under 40 cents. I don't understand it.

There's 1k+ on the market, the market for them (people wanting to buy it) is quite small. Also - 10 games won isn't much tbh.

Big Dog

There's 1k+ on the market, the market for them (people wanting to buy it) is quite small. Also - 10 games won isn't much tbh.

You are talking about the Redhorn which only takes 3 matches to unlock. Not that it changes your argument, but there are a bit less than 400 Jadehorn's available on the market right now.

Jadax

You are talking about the Redhorn which only takes 3 matches to unlock. Not that it changes your argument, but there are a bit less than 400 Jadehorn's available on the market right now.

Oh my bad, you're right. And tbh I didn't even notice I got that mount till it was mentioned that it's a reward for 10 wins.

In that case it kind of is weird it's so cheap, but that's sort of what happens with most items on the steam market - everyone tries to undercut each other if there are more than 50 of an item.

KingKong

You can't sell or trade them.

I feel like Valve has effectively admitted their earlier philosophy of "Make everything sellable" is a business failure.

I just dont think it works in Dota unless its a very rare hard to get item. Too many heroes and sets and its hard to notice them. It works perfectly in CSGO because aks, m4s and awps are just naturally more desirable and by making them only available from chests and the market you make them worth a lot. The knives were a stroke of genius though

Mohasus

Who cares about an ugly courier? I just want more (ugly) sets.

Low Tier
increase your fps and stop feeding
dac15_angry.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
REDDIT BALANCE POST said:
DarthRiven [score hidden] 41 minutes ago

Yeah, Windranger and QoP are heroes that I feel need either reworks or major buffs. Both aren't TERRIBLE, but everything they do well can be done better by other heroes, and their specific combination of skill sets don't give them a wide range of utility, so both are easy to counter with either items or counterpicks.

everything i fucking hate about reddit balance debates in one post:
1) Everything I think is UP needs a REWORK; I want the entire goddam hero remade.
2) The classic "EVERYTHING they do is done better by other heroes" -- literally every balance argument is better than this one.
3) Throw out the classic "no utility" because every hero needs major "utility," fuck what actually is "utility," fuck it's not like a big part of dota "utility" comes from items, fuck, "utility" is also relative from game to game and often based on hero lineups
4) Dota heroes can, in fact, be counterpicked.THIS IS A TRAVESTY!!!!
5) Hero is situational = not picked in every competitive game = needs major buffs (or REWORK). The goal of goddamn dota balance is that every hero is situational, a hero fitting into literally every single team regardless of ally or enemy comp. is the very definition of "OP" imo.

FUK REDDIT
/end rant

inkls

everything i fucking hate about reddit balance debates in one post:
1) everything I think is UP needs a REWORK, not changes, a goddamn REWORK.
2) classic "EVERYTHING they do is done better by other heroes"
3) throw out the classic "no utility" because every hero needs major "utility" fuk what is "utility" fuk it's not like a big part of dota "utility" comes from items fuk "utility" is also relative based on hero lineups
4) heroes in dota, can in fact be counterpicked
5) Hero is situational = not picked in every competitive game = needs major buffs (or REWORK). The goal of goddamn dota balance is that every hero is situational, a hero fitting into literally every single team regardless of ally or enemy comp. is the best definition of "OP" imo.

FUK REDDIT
/end rant

I'm fairly certain we kinda do the same thing. When asking why x hero is not in the meta its not uncommon to have essays written about why they aren't viable.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm fairly certain we kinda do the same thing. When asking why x hero is not in the meta its not uncommon to have essays written about why they aren't viable.

That's not what my post is directed at; I enjoy balance debates. There's nothing inherently wrong with wall of text balance essays or short bullet points (unless it's an entire essay that simply breaks down to 'no utlitiez complete rework situational hero OMG other heroes do it so much better'). I take issue with the particular line of thought in that particular reddit post that unfortunately represents what 90% of balance debates devolve into (this is what my post is addressing if it wasn't clear).

Tieske

Neo Member

yeah I'm just gonna try not thinking about it too much

for example i thought sniper was a trashcan hero after the headshot change and would be until they brought the stun proc back
that was before the shrapnel rework to be fair, but here we are anyway

Isn't qop actually now played a good amount? Maybe she's weak to the average pub that blinks into 5 heroes.

Yeah I see a fair bit of qop and heros not weak at all, rune change was pretty nice for her I think

Also, treant aghs http://www.twitch.tv/dotapit VPP/asusP v TT

inkls

lol this treant aghs in vp asus vs water boys so good.

That's not what my post is directed at; I enjoy balance debates. Wall of text balance essays are fine, as are bullet points. I take issue with the particular line of thought in that particular reddit post that unfortunately represents what 90% of balance debates devolve into (this is what my post is addressing if it wasn't clear).

I see. Does it matter though since i dont think their opinion is taken into account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom