• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The miss chance is why you can now get Radiance at any point in the game and make it work(assuming nobody got MKB), but yeah Butterfly is probably better on him.
17% is just not good enough. Weaver needs as much defensive capability as he can get and 50dps/hero + 17% blind just isn't worth the relic it's built upon. By the time you can buy a relic you're better off buying a reaver or eaglesong and building towards heart or butterfly since they're just that much more useful. Especially given that long term disable is what crushes weaver, reducing in coming right click damage by 17% (in theory) is just not slot efficient.

sixghost

The miss chance is why you can now get Radiance at any point in the game and make it work(assuming nobody got MKB), but yeah Butterfly is probably better on him.

I dunno, I think he just needs to be noticed again, but maybe you're right. I still like him and will use him though.

What happened to weaver? No nerfs of any significance in the last 2 years but he's completely fallen out of the pro game.

What happened to weaver? No nerfs of any significance in the last 2 years but he's completely fallen out of the pro game.

In a meta with Lion and Axe everywhere he was never viable in pro games, which sucked.

Good vs. Sniper and a bunch of the popular supports (VS, Dazzle, Witch Doctor, etc.) so he was fun in pubs.

Like I said before, any game where the enemy team has strong long duration disable (lion hex, void chrono, mag RP, etc.) weaver is unpickable. He's way too hard countered by this. Even with his new aghs upgrade these spells destroy him so effectively that he's left as a fringe pick. That isn't to say he's weak at what he does -- if you let weaver run around unattended to he's obscenely high DPS with only a couple damage items -- but in a meta where the aforementioned heroes are popular, weaver's a last pick at best.

M.D

i like how blitz starts explaining something then addresses tobi directly mid sentence, like he wants to add 'you dumb piece of shit' after every time he says 'you see tobi'

bbd23

tobi is so fucking stupid
cBj1LTf.png

17% is just not good enough. Weaver needs as much defensive capability as he can get and 50dps/hero + 17% blind just isn't worth the relic it's built upon. By the time you can buy a relic you're better off buying a reaver or eaglesong and building towards heart or butterfly since they're just that much more useful. Especially given that long term disable is what crushes weaver, reducing in coming right click damage by 17% (in theory) is just not slot efficient.
I already said you were right leave me alone :p

That said though, I think Radiance is a better team item to get than BFly, it gives a miss chance to everyone, not just the ones attacking Weaver. Weaver's just maybe not the hero to get it on.

I think it's a viable option on heroes that can survive a fight for very long though as a 4th or 5th item.

I think he'll come back, he's just too much of a pain in the ass to not be useful.

Quesa

Update seven
Burrow no longer removes Curse of the Silent nor procs Magic Stick
Fixed interaction between Static Storm and False Promise
Break now disables the following passives: Caustic Finale, Phantom Rush, Unstable Current and Moment of Courage
Fixed Quelling Blade not working properly on Kunkka
Fixed Silver Edge debuff affecting buildings/wards
Fixed Wraith King's Scepter interaction with non-lethal damage
Fixed Hybrids not carrying over the proper stats sometimes
Fixed cases where illusions would always remain
Fixed Boots of Travel level 1 not obeying teleport settings
Fixed a crash with Lone Druid Hybrids
Fixed a crash with charged abilities and Hybrid
Fixed a crash related to Auras and Break abilities
Fixed various issues with Lifestealer's UI
Fixed Deafening Blast with refresher
Shuriken Toss now triggers Linken's Sphere and Lotus Orb on impact rather than cast
Homing Missile now triggers Linken's Sphere and Lotus Orb on impact rather than cast
Fixed Overchared sound remaining after Hybrid dies
Drunken Haze secondary targets no longer trigger Linken's Sphere/Lotus
Fixed Vendetta behavior with Burrow
Fixed Hybrid acting as if it was owned by the cloned heroes player
Fixed Burrow sound fading out
Fixed Brewlings being able to live forever
Fixed wording on muting items and breaking passives on Static Storm and Doom respectively
Fixed Hurl Boulder with Linken's Sphere and Lotus Orb
Updated Vlads tooltip
Fixed a case where Disruption could make the hero always invisible
Fixed gold exploit
Fixed bugs with combining wards remotely
Fixed Lotus Orb bug with Shadow Shaman Shackles
Fixed Lotus Orb reflecting multiple channel spells at once
Updated Solar Crest visual effects
Added ground model for Enchated Mango

the bigger changes to the map that allowed easier offlanes for greedier picks

same with bounty

there is a reason its been a while, its not necessarily to do with any specific meta or patch, its the overall change to laning

bounchfx

as far as I'm concerned mango is now a core item on every hero.

Is it pretty safe to assume that there won't be a new hero with this patch? Each other time they usually announce it with the notes themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom