• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
Sniper abandoned

6.84 is the truth

god is truly real

FIRST GAME OF 6.84 I GOT TO PLAY MY BEAUTIFUL SON LESHRAC AND I WENT OFF

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1435498606

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

also i just noticed, but dotabuff doesnt have pictures for all of the new items

i had bottle, wand, boots of travel, that glittercape thing, octarine core, and a lotus orb

i didnt have a circlet or a blade of alacrity at the end
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Short games. Stomps. Huge difference of gold between winner and loser.

Winners generally have a lot more gold than losers in dota :/. And shorter games isn't necessarily a bad thing, I like shorter games. Deathball is definitely back (but with many more skirmishes/teamfights behind it), but there are a lot of buffed anti-push heroes to counter with.

Wok

Winners generally have a lot more gold than losers in dota :/. And shorter games isn't necessarily a bad thing, I like shorter games. Deathball is definitely back (but with many more skirmishes/teamfights behind it), but there are a lot of buffed anti-push heroes to counter with.

Then beastmaster is the true king of the patch.

6.84 :eek: :eek:. Probably deserved a thread on gaming side considering how big the game is and how game-changing the patch is.

Does it really feel that crazily different? I actually thought about making a thread but then thought better of it because I am at work and don't have time to give it the proper treatment!

Sianos

Hoping extreme five man deathball doesn't become the dominant strategy again like it was during TI4, but changes like the tier 1 tower glyph reset should hopefully balance everything so it can be viable but not every game. I just don't want a return to TI4 finals meta.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
first competitive game on 6.84:
-close to 40 mins so far (and still going)
-ultra close, back n forth
-lots of teamfights
-quite a few "new" heroes

deathball, short games, gold differentialz, and the apocolypse kappa

so if ench gets aghs you have to focus her first in every teamfight, no matter what
Unless you have evasion or you're tanky. She still has serious weaknesses, and she was always extremely dangerous with aghs, just not when you had bkb.

I seriously think PA is going to be the carry of this patch.

PL is gonna be the carry of this Patch. Slark is gonna be strong as well.

PL not getting touched at all surprised me.

edit: And with PL's resurgence, Sven is gonna gain popularity. Quote me in 2 months.

shira

if someone hasnt done it in a few hours ill post one with highlights to the big stuff

thats probably a better idea
It should be a preTI5 thread but that would be a shit tonne of work. I don't even understand the patch. It's literally 3-4 pages of jargon.

G.ZZZ

I watched only first half of that game and Ench aghs buff made exactly 0 difference since no one had bkb . Was it relevant later on?

wut, item is super good. you'll def see it.

It's my favorite new item, I never said it was bad. But I think if PA had to choose between getting hexed in 6.83 and Silver Edged in 6.84 she'd choose the latter, especially considering melee heroes have to get into melee range to get the debuff on her(Scythe has a 800 range).
I watched only first half of that game and Ench aghs buff made exactly 0 difference since no one had bkb . Was it relevant later on?

Yeah she murdered both Gyro and Enigma while they were BKB'd a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom