• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompidu

Finally got my new computer up and running. So nice to play max everything at 60fps. Almost like a totally different game.

Edit: had to redownload dota. 6.84 is out? Looks like it

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Welp, looks like we lost, LoL has added their Chroma packs:
article.header.chroma2.jpg

D2Ouk6f.gif

Edit:
Oh, also they are survaying how people feel about temporary ward skins:
99P38e6.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For you filthy bug abusers, I have the hottest bug fresh off the press. NP's scepter will create the mega Treants if it kills illusions right now.

Alternatively, avoid picking Illusion heroes into NP right now.

For you filthy bug abusers, I have the hottest bug fresh off the press. NP's scepter will create the mega Treants if it kills illusions right now.

Damn, playing aghs Prophet vs PL would just end the game. That's too much push.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
the hell is a chroma pack

They are like a skin for your skin. You buy them, and can make your skin a different color. There is ones for the default skins too.

Basically, Riot recolors the texture and charges 590RP (About $4-$5) for it. You get 3 different colored skin-skins per pack though. So you can buy the Chorma pack for 590RP for Blizcrank, and have 3 different color options for him, as seen in the picture (He is normally Yellow).

Here is another example, this is the Chorma pack for Pool Party Leona (A female tank champion). On the left is the base skin(Which is 975RP, about $5-$7), and the 3 others are what the color options you get if you buy the Chorma Pack:
PoolpartyLeona_chromapack.png

I think my GPU died. Fuck. No more 6.84 for me for the moment.

tears.gif

Does your mother board not have a built in one to use?

JC Sera

Doesn't seem like a bug to me, makes him a valid counter pick

Sibylus

Banned
Back from long travelin' days, so I can finally read this patch madness in length.

Bota seered the Octarine Core into existence, ya'll #thetruthisoutthere

Satch

Banned
i couldnt buy mango or finish my lotus orb in the last game i played

valve PLEASE

i won anyway but still, fix it icefraud!!!!

sixghost

I might be jumping the gun, but glimmer cape or whatever it's called seems really strong for a 2000 gold item. There are just so many heroes that it makes sense on.

JambiBum

i couldnt buy mango or finish my lotus orb in the last game i played

valve PLEASE

i won anyway but still, fix it icefraud!!!!

Yeah I can't buy lotus now either. There is a patch that it just tried to have me download but i'm in a game. Was hoping restarting would fix it.

Anyone know if the game takes into account last time played into your rankings? Cause I haven't played about since they introduced the visible MMR system and never finished the calibration matches at that point. But I was a lot better then than I would be now, having been out of the game for so long and being out of practice/lacking relevant knowledge. I don't want to get crushed ;_;

6.84 seems like some of the biggest changes since the Roshan pit moved, so I thought I might hop back into the game a little.

Kade

I only used it one game but I like Solar Crest on Windrunner + Focus Fire w/ damage items. I might pair it with a Deso next for a pub build.

Mordeccai

bro this nyx aghs

it is so damn awesome, you become a fucking turret with infinite mana and infinite stun/mana burn. I was defending high ground against a medusa just reking her mana, they couldnt break it for a good five minutes even tho we were 30k net worth behind.

its a shame our sniper and TB had no idea how to play their heros

G.ZZZ

Undying 63% wr? He was even slightly nerfed iirc, wtf.

OTOH, techies win rate went up by 3%, truly the worst cancer, ruiner of pubs, destroyer of supprots.

Ultrabum

Undying 63% wr? He was even slightly nerfed iirc, wtf.

OTOH, techies win rate went up by 3%, truly the worst cancer, ruiner of pubs, destroyer of supprots.

Slightly nerfed, but the zombies were really just changed.

Soul Rip is now considered one damage instance on the enemy
Removed Tombstone Zombie targeting from Soul Rip
Tombstone Zombies now require 1 attack to kill rather than having 30 health (zombies require 2 hits from creeps)

I think the zombies were buffed?

G.ZZZ

Tombstone Zombies now require 1 attack to kill rather than having 30 health (zombies require 2 hits from creeps)

He got +8%, that's insane. I'm betting on some undiscovered bug.

sixghost

What counts as a hero attack? If stuff like bristle's quills no longer one shot every zombie in the aoe that's a huge buff. Also, I think the glimmer cape is an amazing item on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom