• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calidor

Silver Edge was tailor-made for Slark.

That's an odd piece of technology... Why would I buy something to stream from my phone/tablet to my TV and drain whatever battery I have on those devices 500% faster?

Blink is trash on Slark. DON'T GET BLINK ON SLARK. Silver Edge is great though

Also once Chromecast starts streaming, you can shut down your device... no need to keep it on (Except for Twitch Chat, which I hate)

Speaking of break, do you think scepter Shadow Demon could be a big deal now? It lasts a long time with three charges and goes through bkb unlike (I think?) Silver Edge.

kionedrik

Or just have it on charger while streaming? Honestly it doesn't even take much battery anyway.

Yeah. Stupid me didn't consider this.

TVs tend to be larger in size than your phone/tablet screen. Thus making the viewing experience a little better.

Also, they are usually situated so that you can just kick back on the couch/bed and hang. Thus making the viewing experience a little more comfortable.

I hope this explanation was adequate.

Thanks.

Earlier I wanted to stream from my PC to a big screen while I made dinner, so I could be entertained, but twitch wasn't loading on my PC but was working fine on mobile, hence the recomendation.

G.ZZZ

Why is glimmer cape castable on allies
facepalm.gif

Hylian7

Why is glimmer cape
facepalm.gif

Fixed.

I still think it needs another nerf. One idea I thought of was maybe make it akin to Slark's old ultimate, where you could see where he was, could be revealed by detection, but while still "invis" can't be targeted. Keep everything else as is.

kvk1

Earlier I wanted to stream from my PC to a big screen while I made dinner, so I could be entertained, but twitch wasn't loading on my PC but was working fine on mobile, hence the recomendation.

Watching tournaments on the TV is a joy. It's the best mind decompress.

These past few weeks I've been coming home dead tired and just passing out in front of the TV with Twitch gently Kappa'ing in the background.

I can't spectate Dota on the PC for more than like 15-20 minutes. I get too antsy.

Bilix

Fixed.

I still think it needs another nerf. One idea I thought of was maybe make it akin to Slark's old ultimate, where you could see where he was, could be revealed by detection, but while still "invis" can't be targeted. Keep everything else as is.

You just made a superbuffed ghost scepter.

Kard8p3

My arcana votes:

Beastmaster
Bounty
Phoenix
Oracle
Brood
Chen
Nyx
Treant
Zeus
Earth Spirit (Kappa)
Riki
Lone Druid
Nightstalker
Naga
Huskar
Morphling.

kvk1

Classic game, eh?

Weird how most Alliance / Na'Vi games end up like this.

We should come up with a label we can use for them.

inkls

oh man, I need to find the twitch vod for this when I get home. Sounds pretty awesome and I love watching bulldog on his np/LD

Also, new OT hype?

Zeknurn

Why does the visual effect of Sonic Wave not match up with the actual damage cone? I keep getting hit when it's nowhere near.

Also this patch is arse. Removing the rubberbanding was the dumbest change they have made.

Zeknurn

Pratfall

lol. What does LD immortal even have to do with anything? Only thing he got is that cauldron.

I'm just saying. Don't have the same expectation as reddit for his arcana you salty bastard.

i was missing shugg shitting up the thread so I thought i would do my part to fill the void

G.ZZZ

The problem with Glimmer Cape is that it was intended as a cheap shadow blade for supports, but instead is used by supports to save carries with this shit 900 range 5 seconds inv + mag resist. It make no sense to make it castable on allies. If you really need to do it, increase fade time to 1.5 sec and duration to 6 so at least it's not as stupid as a save item.

inkls

Steve pls make it pompous like the leeg OT so Newt will have something to work with instead of making strawmen of the "Dota community"

Dota 2 OT 10 The game with good designs that inferior mobas steal from

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Also this patch is arse. Removing the rubberbanding was the dumbest change they have made.

Friend of Giant Bomb, Crispy said it best yesterday. Last patch made it 100% necessary for both teams to draft for the late game, making heroes that peak mid-game (Bounty, Alchemist, et al) completely non-viable. It's not your god-given right to a late game, you should have to survive to it.

6.83 was the worst version I've ever been a player for. So far this patch has been much, much more fair, even without the rubber banding. I feel like I can win by picking non-optimal teams again just by playing well early, which is something that was literally impossible last patch.

inkls

no flamerino plz

rip boken

why not? I woudn't feel bad shitting on users that feel like they can make fun of strawmen versions of us. Nor do I feel bad calling someone an idiot when he's blaming us after boken was banned when his name was literally bken and within his first post everyone was like "hey look who's back"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom