• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Anyone have a link to that thread talking about people playing Year Beast on South American servers because of the perception they wouldn't be able to buy as many points? Been looking for it with no luck :(

Shinypogs

It was still in my address bar memory lol, sorry can't help with the research thing. I did try to use the wayback machine to get the op's post for you but no dice. I take it you're writing something on how the community has some casual and some overt racism?

I can't remember who wrote the post here on gaf ( might have even been you) but I did like the context someone gave that many of the frustrating young SA players are essentially the same as the young NA players who play COD.

LKqFA40.png

SB confirmed Sniper medicine. SB gives no fucks about your items, Sniper.

Also, that feeling when you beat a Jugg AND a Sniper AND a Doom all on the same team and force out the sodium in all-chat. Ghost scepter cancel of Jugg's ult and living on 75hp to clinch the win.

#feelsgood

Quesa

It was still in my address bar memory lol, sorry can't help with the research thing. I did try to use the wayback machine to get the op's post for you but no dice. I take it you're writing something on how the community has some casual and some overt racism?

I can't remember who wrote the post here on gaf ( might have even been you) but I did like the context someone gave that many of the frustrating young SA players are essentially the same as the young NA players who play COD.

More centered around YB and extrinsic vs intrinsic rewards for playing, hah. And I can't remember who wrote that.

Acinixys

SB confirmed Sniper medicine. SB gives no fucks about your items, Sniper.

Also, that feeling when you beat a Jugg AND a Sniper AND a Doom all on the same team and force out the sodium in all-chat. Ghost scepter cancel of Jugg's ult and living on 75hp to clinch the win.

#feelsgood

Im sorry but any Doom who has Aghs AND Refresher and still loses deserves it

Jeez

Also who gets Skadi after MoM on Sniper. Maelstrom/Deso is the only choice for damage

Im sorry but any Doom who has Aghs AND Refresher and still loses deserves it

Jeez

Also who gets Skadi after MoM on Sniper. Maelstrom/Deso is the only choice for damage

what if you have doom with aghs refresher, but you still lose because you have two retards on your team who suicide then buyback and suicide again ?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Try catching a sniper with skadi + mom; it's literally impossible unless you're clockwerk (and even then it's difficult), he just runs around at 522 MS and you can neither run from him or run towards him.

Honestly, I kind of want to see MoM rebalanced where the damage amp is dropped to like 20% but the MS is completely cut or dropped down to 10%-15%. Heroes like Jugg or Sniper get a billion EHP from being able to run around at max MS every 25s (with close to 50% uptime). It's ridiculous. Yeah a change like this would unintentionally hurt drow, so just buff her in other ways to compensate.

Acinixys

That G2A ad on Dotapit is the most obnoxious shit ever. Surely satire? What the fuck were they thinking?

Imp pls

Pls dont even start on Twitch ads

For the last 3 months EVERY SINGLE AD has been for that stupid Chappie movie. Literally every one. I must have see the start of it at least 400+ times now

Living in a country that isnt EU/NA is suffering

I have an ad block literally for just twitch. They used to flat out break the videos occasionally.

So do I

But sometimes newer ads or region specific ones sneak though

Call of Duty ads are the worst. At one point last year I was subconsciously convinced Kevin Spacey was president. And please eat with your mouth closed mister kill camera man.

Kard8p3

I have to admit I fucking hate my internet, so it's nice when I get MMR from an abandon (especially when we were winning before my internet shit the bed).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1305800779

Doesn't matter if you tryhard or not, if your team has two extra chromosomes there is no saving a game
Bought tons of sentries and obs, but there is no saving this sven and SF

Why the fuck are these players allowed to play ?
Team has no way to deal with a farmed sniper, so you lost since he got 750gpm. Also dealing with 3 blinks is not easy.

Knowing when to play is part of Dota skill, don't play on tilt.

Can I point out that TA had Blink and SB can just charge?

Plus BS is pretty fast and could rupture Sniper to stop him kiting?
I think he was just trying to make adjustments in real time. He probably assumed it'd be an easy Moam Sniper game. Then I started charging him in every team fight with that MoM. So he made a compromise to get some durability with skadi. Then he found out that wasn't enough and got a BKB. Except everything SB does pierced BKB.

As others rightly identified, SB is just really strong against Sniper. Him and Storm Spirit are very strong counters.

As for the Doom, his issue wasn't the aghs + refresher. His issue was that it was all he had. Consequently, he had no survivability. He brevet got to use 2 dooms in a team fight because he was getting deleted by TA and Nyx. People forget/neglect to get survivability on him to their peril.

Team has no way to deal with a farmed sniper, so you lost since he got 750gpm

Knowing when to play is part of Dota skill, don't play on tilt.
No, they very much did. But SB bought the wrong items. And Sven never appears to have gotten into gear. But blink Sven + SB is enough unless you can't get through their front lines for some reason. In this game, Radiant had very little real team fight. Dire appears to have simply played their heroes collectively poorly. But the picks are okay.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
No, they very much did. But SB bought the wrong items. And Sven never appears to have gotten into gear. But blink Sven + SB is enough unless you can't get through their front lines for some reason. In this game, Radiant had very little real team fight. Dire appears to have simply played their heroes collectively poorly. But the picks are okay.
Against blink axe, mirana, pudge + a disraptor? I don't think it is. Plus Radiant would have needed at least SOME farm like you said.

Against blink axe, mirana, pudge + a disraptor? I don't think it is. Plus Radiant would have needed at least SOME farm like you said.
Well, we'll never know if it was enough because they didn't have enough farm and some key people bought the wrong items with the farm they did get. SB going Aghs instead of BKB, for example. And buying a MoM against all of that damage output. 1 BKB on the entire team in almost 50 minutes of play. I consider those purchases and itemization decisions you make when you want to lose a close game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How many split Chinese cone hat cosmetics are we going to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom