• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea of being on Tilt is not bullshit. If you are in a agitated mood you will play worse and be more prone to making errors.

And what if you start a game calm but because you have two morons you end up agitated ?

I tried fucking hard this game, sacrificing my aghs timing for dewarding/warding/scouting, yet our two carries had nothing and kept feeding
But that's just me being on "tilt" y'know.

No, "tilt" is just convenient reddit bullshit that you can use as a pretext for losing games.

Yeah I should have known I'd go on tilt when two of our players would do nothing all game, before I clicked the "accept game" button, should have known better !

No, you shouldn't play Dota when you're already on tilt beforehand, he never said you should predict that you're going to tilt.

That said, you becoming agitated because of 2 of your teammates caused you to tilt, which negatively impacts your play(sometimes without you noticing). At that point the best thing to do is to try and calm down and realize that you're playing a video game.

Tilting is most definitely a thing that happens to even the highest skill players. Letting your anger and frustration influence your playstyle is tilting.

G.ZZZ

Guys i've been on tilt like last 4-5 days, been playing like shit also my mouse rightclick is leaving me and it make me play like shit too.

I'm lucky i got Dr. Balanced in my first free GvG packs ez life.

Anyone familiar with the art of war? I remember someone saying in a StarCraft stream that military tactics can be applied to games to good effect. A lot of it is sort of neglected.

19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

22. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

6. There is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged warfare.

23. If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight, even though the ruler forbid it; if fighting will not result in victory, then you must not fight even at the ruler's bidding.

manfestival

"tilt" is a bullshit made up thing you know ?
We could have won if SF and sven weren't trash, I almost got a blink too but had to buyback just before. We took several fights and ganks successfully, sniper with MoM and no bkb just dies to veno.

the term tilt is what is thrown around here but what it represents is very real. I speak from experience

Tilt is a sign of cognitive weakness. Never been on tilt myself.
Why are you lying?

DrPizza

Banned
it's fine Ench doesn't have much going for her atm anyway

edit: godamnit that's not ihl

Oh, I know, Windrunner is definitely a better hero right now. It just seems bizarre that a hero whose lore and skillset and name have a "speed" theme should not even have average movespeed.

We could have won if SF and sven weren't trash, I almost got a blink too but had to buyback just before. We took several fights and ganks successfully, sniper with MoM and no bkb just dies to veno.

It's a state of mind.

If you're feeling shit, you'll most probably play like shit.

that's when you tilt, and sometimes it's best to just stop so you dont rage and get yourself into LP.

Nymerio

Oh god, so when players feed couriers mid and run straight down mid lane into enemy towers they must have been tactical geniuses and I just didn't understand what they were trying to do. That must have been so frustrating for them. Now I just need to learn a couple of languages so I can at least understand the tactical advice they are trying to give me.

Here is another snippet from the art of war and can be applied to doto

Sun Tzu said: We may distinguish six kinds of terrain, to wit: (1) Accessible ground;...

Ground which can be freely traversed by both sides is called ACCESSIBLE.

With regard to ground of this nature, be before the enemy in occupying the raised and sunny spots, and carefully guard your line of supplies.

Then you will be able to fight with advantage.

http://suntzusaid.com/book/10

It's a state of mind.

If you're feeling shit, you'll most probably play like shit.

that's when you tilt, and sometimes it's best to just stop so you dont rage and get yourself into LP.

Well I stopped playing after this game.
The concept of tilt didn't change the outcome of the game, we had two dead weights, we lost, tilt or not.

If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight, even though the ruler forbid it; if fighting will not result in victory, then you must not fight even at the ruler's bidding.
Tell that to players who force fights they can't take, and then complain because you didn't follow them
"we lost 4 heroes and got 0 kill, it would have gone so much better with you" yeah, 5 for 0 is so much better !

Hylian7

Is this serious post right now?

You made another joke post comparing tilt to #Forced50, but fail to realize that tilt is basic fucking psychology, while #Forced50 makes no fucking sense. Does tilt lose you every single game you lose? No, but it is certainly a factor. You may be tilting, but it is entirely possible that you may have lost the game regardless.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think its because for most newer players, they have no base to compare to. MOBAs look like RPGs, but thats where the similarities end. What kind of a stupid and boring game makes you ignore all the fun fighting stuff for 15 minutes while you click NPC shit in a forest?

I dunno this sounds a lot like my experience of WoW, only replace 15 minutes with 15 months.

Is this serious post right now?

You made another joke post comparing tilt to #Forced50, but fail to realize that tilt is basic fucking psychology, while #Forced50 makes no fucking sense. Does tilt lose you every single game you lose? No, but it is certainly a factor. You may be tilting, but it is entirely possible that you may have lost the game regardless.

i have a minor in psychology and psychology is bullshit

#stevewinwoodthoughts

#spittintruth

#madcausebad

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm on tilt 24/7

that's my secret

tumblr_mfu2raxMFe1ric07zo1_250.gif

kvk1

i'm keeping record of all of these na'vi bashing posts for when they win TI5

just you guys wait

edit: YO, EL CLASICO IS IN LIKE 2 HOURS.
happytears.gif

Bilix

Ok people, level with me.

What are the chances Winter Wyvern makes it to Captain's Mode in time for The International? Quickly becoming one of my favorite heroes.

abunai

So, polar goes from a decent team to having three members in the space of a few days. Damn. Funn1k already mentioned he wouldn't be joining polar, so now what? I hope they don't disband.

Ok people, level with me.

What are the chances Winter Wyvern makes it to Captain's Mode in time for The International? Quickly becoming one of my favorite heroes.

i dont think its too out there

shes not blatantly overpowered like oracle or earth spirit (the two other not in cm heroes yet)

i cant find if shes in dota 1 cm (but ww is relatively new, dota 1 is behind a few patches, and honestly who cares)

if its going to happen though it should probably happen the next patch to give some wiggle room for finer balancing up to the actual TI stuff

im going to go with yes she gets added, few pick her, part of a few pocket strats in qualifiers, has a few amazing games, more pick her and lose, she falls out, post ti she gets a few minor buffs

Hylian7

i dont think its too out there

shes not blatantly overpowered like oracle or earth spirit (the two other not in cm heroes yet)

i cant find if shes in dota 1 cm (but ww is relatively new, dota 1 is behind a few patches, and honestly who cares)

if its going to happen though it should probably happen the next patch to give some wiggle room for finer balancing up to the actual TI stuff

im going to go with yes she gets added, few pick her, part of a few pocket strats in qualifiers, has a few amazing games, more pick her and lose, she falls out, post ti she gets a few minor buffs

She isn't in Dota 1 CM, I think CM has been mostly parity with Dota 1 ever since a few years ago, Ember Spirit, Timbersaw, Legion Commander, Earth Spirit, Winter Wyvern, and Arc Warden have all been added to Dota 1 since Dota 2 started beta, and their CM status has been kept at parity (although granted Dota 1 is phased out now)

She isn't in Dota 1 CM, I think CM has been mostly parity with Dota 1 ever since a few years ago, Ember Spirit, Timbersaw, Legion Commander, Earth Spirit, Winter Wyvern, and Arc Warden have all been added to Dota 1 since Dota 2 started beta, and their CM status has been kept at parity (although granted Dota 1 is phased out now)

yeah its over 2 full balance patches behind

i dont know if its actually worth looking at it anymore for what 'should' be in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom