• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Origins 2 |OT?| of needs more attention

Salsa

DragonBallOrigins2_logo.jpg

Seriously, just one thread with 5 replies?

The first one was one of my biggest surprises of 2008, and ive been expecting this sequel since it was announced.

Game is out everywhere since july 2, and its sad to see it isnt getting the attention it deserves :(

Only a couple of sites have reviews up, and i guess the one from Gamespot is somekind hurting.

I got it a couple of days ago and im just starting up, also im sure you all must be busy with DQ9, but there should be a thread about it, right?

Boxart:

Dragon_Ball_Origins_2.jpg

Plot:

The game allows players, with stylus and touchscreen, to take on the role of series protagonist Son Goku who must journey with his friends to find the seven mythical Dragon Balls and stop the evil organization the Red Ribbon Army from achieving their goal of world domination.

The game comes included with a rom version of the original 1986 Famicom video game Shenlong no Nazo as a bonus feature.

tiny
Screens:

dragon-ball-origins-2-20100616022122229.jpg

dragon-ball-origins-2-20100616022124947_640w.jpg

dragon-ball-origins-2-20100616022133385_640w.jpg

dragon-ball-origins-2-20100616022145166_640w.jpg

dragon-ball-origins-2-20100616022153728_640w.jpg

Videos:

Gameplay:

Behind the scenes:

Part 1
Part 2

Reviews

GameZone: 80/100
Dragon Ball: Origins 2 doesn’t reinvent the wheel, but as far as by-the-book sequels are concerned, this is one of the best.

Nintendo Power: 80/100
Dragon Ball fans with something to prove, though, should find themselves right at home.

Gamespot: 5.5
Charming visuals and vivacious storytelling can't save this adventure game from some huge frustrations.

Metacritic overall 75/100

Anyone got it/planning on getting it ?

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
oooohhhhh yeah. I remember the first one being pretty good. I didn't even realize they were making a second one.

Forkball

I was going to make a LTTP thread for the first game, but no one probably cares, so I'll just post here.

Anyways, the first game was pretty good albeit a bit basic in every area. The highlight of these games seem to be the well produced cutscenes, it really feels like you are watching the TV show. I'll wait for this one to drop in price before I pick it up.

Salsa

Forkball said:
I was going to make a LTTP thread for the first game, but no one probably cares, so I'll just post here.

Anyways, the first game was pretty good albeit a bit basic in every area. The highlight of these games seem to be the well produced cutscenes, it really feels like you are watching the TV show. I'll wait for this one to drop in price before I pick it up.

The cutscenes are amazing, some of my favorite graphics on the DS. Love their use of both screens.

Gameplay can be a little repetitive/basic, but when it shines, it shines at almost Phantom Hourglass/Spirit tracks levels.

Btw, this sequel also fixed control issues (some people had them, not me) by adding full d-pad + buttons support instead of just touchscreen. You can still play with the same scheme as the first one of course.

Pein

Banned
I honestly think the origin games are better then the legend of zelda DS games. These games are a must own if you ever liked dragonball their just so packed with charm.

Anyway origins controls pretty well better then the first, I don't use the d-pad though since I've never had a real problem with the touch screen control. The visuals are more or less the same as the first.

Bandai should port this game to the iphone it would work pretty well there.

Desiato

I played the Japanese version. Great game, and way better than the first one. A really good more combat-oriented Zelda DS clone.

Top Bottom