• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

In 101 they were in a pocket dimension, so the only person they really could have saved was Corcette.

Everyone else flew out of the stage once the pocket dimension broke.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Didn't Dyspo have some talking bits in the lead up to the tournament? He's definitely shown as the 3rd most important U11 person in the ending if you want to go by the 'everything in the ED is what will play out' route

That's what was said, it was specified that God was faster than Blue when he burst into Blue to attack.

Lol they couldn't at least give this to Vegeta.

They gotta give him something... Maybe he'll get the perfected Blue form? Please let him have learned something in the time chamber...

My respect goes for this guy
latest

Dude saved his teammate twice (instead of just standing around looking 'cool'...) and tried to take down Hit with him to let Dypso escape.

HardRojo

Watching right now. Off to a great start! I'm glad they brought up the similarities between Dyspo and Beerus/Champa.

Also, Champa remains the funniest GoD, lost it at him asking for his vuvuzela. Brings back World Cup memories lol.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Absolute nonsense episode that completely soured what could've been an enjoyable dynamic between Hit and Goku.

Firstly, Dypso for some reason isn't an absolute jobber like the rest of the pride troopers that aren't Toppo and Jiren. Character development? Foreshadowing? No... okay.

Then there's this guy who can prevent ring outs but he doesn't save any of the other pride troopers??? Did I miss something?

Goku's SSG looked awesome but was completely out of the blue and just ridicules the last 3 arcs by it not being used once during them. You're telling me SSG's increased speed wouldn't have helped against Hit, Black or Zamasu? Lmao. It's clear as fuck they forgot about it until this arc which makes it terrible story telling.

I really don't understand how people can enjoy constant retcons and inconsistencies just to shoehorn Goku into any scene. He doesn't even do anything of note as SSG. He just turned SSB in the end.

I just want stuff to make sense. Please.

That's basically what this is. Starting to feel really forced at this point, consistency or storytelling be damned. A shame too because episodes 102 and 103 were fantastic.

NeonZ

Didn't Dyspo have some talking bits in the lead up to the tournament? He's definitely shown as the 3rd most important U11 person in the ending if you want to go by the 'everything in the ED is what will play out' route

He got an episode segment featuring him, the issue is that it actually had a negative effect. Everyone was looking forward to him due to the opening hype and his similarity to Beerus, but then his introduction showed him getting grabbed by a giant monster, making him seem like a weakling whose greatest strength (speed) was actually bad.

Did I miss the explanation/scene that shows how he's able to achieve red ranger by himself?

Watch the Battle of Gods movie, rather than the tv version.

Mory Dunz

That was really good.

- Dialogue overall was good.
- The fight actually made sense and context was provided for everything, unlike other fights.
- The dialogue between Hit and Dyspo specifically was good and gave you a reason to care about the encounter. Even with a few exchanges it was set up that these two really didn't like each other's mannerisms, which added to tension I've been saying was missing.
- Good use of each person's skills and abilities

I don't think the ep needed goku though tbh. But it wasn't bad.

Kwame120

Banned
Uhhhh....is this the same Dyspo that got caught by some scrub plant monster in his introduction?
I feel like that scene now retroactively makes that plant monster look incredibly frightening. It's either that or canonical inconsistencies, and the former wins by virtue of coolness.

Mory Dunz

wait....why wouldn't he be able to go SSG?

He can go SSB....which is just SSG but going super saiyan.

why is that specifically an issue now??

If so, we should be re-questioning how he got SSB without 5 saiyains

Laiza

The two new music tracks at the end of the episode sound completely different from everything in the rest of the series. I really like it. Same composer?

That's what was said, it was specified that God was faster than Blue when he burst into Blue to attack.

I seem to have missed it being said that God is faster even on re-watch. When Goku goes Blue on Dsypo Whis states that "He even changed to Blue for an instant while attacking and maximized his speed and power" but that implies Blue is still beyond God for both.

Skii

That's basically what this is. Starting to feel really forced at this point, consistency or storytelling be damned. A shame too because episodes 102 and 103 were fantastic.

On one hand this arc is great because it gives a bunch of characters much needed attention but on the other hand, it's completely botching the main character...

Uhhhh....is this the same Dyspo that got caught by some scrub plant monster in his introduction?

Yup. I don't remember the episode too well but you'd expect a guy who travels faster than light and can out manoeuvre Hit would get a bit better build up than that...

LotusHD

Banned
Can't believe y'all didn't like the episode at all, thought it was dope that Dyspo wasn't as weak as I thought he was, and Hit got to do stuff, especially loved that last TS attack he did on Dyspo.

But yea, thought it was fine.

That's almost as nonsensical as judging the quality of an episode based solely on whether it makes your favorite character look cool.

Lmao

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
On one hand this arc is great because it gives a bunch of characters much needed attention but on the other hand, it's completely botching the main character...

Yup. I don't remember the episode too well but you'd expect a guy who travels faster than light and can out manoeuvre Hit would get a bit better build up than that...

Everything about this arc has been an improvement over Super's earlier stuff... except Goku.

Mory Dunz

I seem to have missed it being said that God is faster even on re-watch. When Goku goes Blue on Dsypo Whis states that "He even changed to Blue for an instant while attacking and maximized his speed and power" but that implies Blue is still beyond God for both.

Yeah, ssg is not faster than blue.

It's not better in any way, well except stamina.

I'm still missing why it's an issue.
Goku being in the fight is the real issue lol. but eh it was okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom