• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like for real? Punk ass Frieza is the tenth member? Is there really no one else they can find? I wish they could've found a way to get future Trunks back.

Why do they have to be replaced? That's not the only scenario where U6 characters are added. They can all coexist as main characters.
Tell that to others lol
As it should be my man.
This is the saiyans show, not the half saiyans.
Vegeta and Goku will be always the top characters in DBS.
I'm willing to sacrifice Gohan so Kale and Caulifla become part of the main crew
Can we sacrifice Tien? :(

The only one they know. There's more than one?

Q6Qf0Wr.jpg

Skeeter49

Tell that to others lol
Over my dead body are we sacrificing Gohan for anyone. Champa and Beerus can be erased if it keeps Gohan around.

People who don't want Gohan in Super are just wrong and there's no debating that.

Gohan's the best part of Z, and now he's the best part of Super. He existed in GT.

dci260

Over my dead body are we sacrificing Gohan for anyone. Champa and Beerus can be erased if it keeps Gohan around.

People who don't want Gohan in Super are just wrong and there's no debating that.

Gohan's the best part of Z, and now he's the best part of Super. He existed in GT.

Wiser words were never spoken.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

This can't be stated enough.

Ingeniero

U3wuR8On4LI3_fxXdiC0X_Gtghz9dItUxvG5WByfu0DUkg8MXANi9wAFTImKqIdhBYYJczzjs8B3DpEnCOBHIKobSsrnS8CyjuZWQCU=w320-h240-nc

Wait what??? Am I reading this right??

I don't hate Gohan or anything, but both Champa and Beerus are far more entertaining characters than he is.

Ataxia

The way Gohan fans go on about him just makes me want to see him job again

I don't even mind his character but everything surrounding that gets a little obnoxious to read sometimes. Idk

Slaythe

The way Gohan fans go on about him just makes me want to see him job again

I don't even mind his character but everything surrounding that gets a little obnoxious to read sometimes. Idk

Yeah, how dare they ?! The character that was set up to be a great hero got shit on for over a decade, and people want him to be relevant again ?! The monsters.

There are a lot of characters I would be willing to cut for Gohan to stay.

No way in hell would it be Champa or Beerus

Gohan and Pan in the timeskip make sure the new saiyans are gonna amount to nothing IMO.

Yeah, how dare they ?! The character that was set up to be a great hero got shit on for over a decade, and people want him to be relevant again ?! The monsters.

But toriyama has abandoned that idea, do people still think it will happen?

I think it's funny that people are still such huge Gohan fans when every time he got the spotlight he choked.

Gohan is cool, but after all that it's hard to expect much from him (until now, but they are going about it better by not hyping him up to be the big hero)

LotusHD

Banned

The best part of Super though, really...

I don't even think I agree with the Z part lol, didn't really have a clear favorite

Slaythe

I think it's funny that people are still such huge Gohan fans when every time he got the spotlight he choked.

Gohan is cool, but after all that it's hard to expect much from him (until now, but they are going about it better by not hyping him up to be the big hero)

Hello, that doesn't mean Gohan is gonna be THE hero, he's gonna be A hero. This show is gonna go on for years and years, of course they can give shine to the characters.

Plus, 80 fighters is a bit overkill, but in the next arcs we could have teams of villains / organizations of like 10 members, allowing everyone to keep mattering and not just one main dude that everyone has to job to until Goku shows up.

Like how do you look at current Gohan 17 and 18 and go like "yeah they're really not trying to fix how much they wasted those cool characters" ?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

The difference now is Toei is actively pushing him and given the series will go on for the foreseeable future it makes sense to keep him as "a hero", as Slaythe said.

Rutger

Banned

Like for real? Punk ass Frieza is the tenth member? Is there really no one else they can find? I wish they could've found a way to get future Trunks back.

Turns out Frieza's golden form doesn't look the way it does out of envy for the Super Saiyan form, but rather because of all the money he makes for Toei.

Hello, that doesn't mean Gohan is gonna be THE hero, he's gonna be A hero. This show is gonna go on for years and years, of course they can give shine to the characters.

Plus, 80 fighters is a bit overkill, but in the next arcs we could have teams of villains / organizations of like 10 members, allowing everyone to keep mattering and not just one main dude that everyone has to job to until Goku shows up.

Like how do you look at current Gohan 17 and 18 and go like "yeah they're really not trying to fix how much they wasted those cool characters" ?

I didn't say Gohan wouldn't be given screen time, or have his moment in the sun, all I'm saying is that there's no reason to expect that gohan will be the big hero for extended periods of time

Or rather he won't be the one fighting the final boss anytime soon, imo, but I am willing to ear crow on that

I definitely think they are putting the cast to good use (minus krillin, but I enjoyed his episode ) not trying to say they aren't

E: but like I said in my previous post, I actually think Toei is handling Gohan very well. They aren't hyping him up to a ridiculous degree like toriyama did, but they have shown that he is a powerful fighter, and that we should expect something from him.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I didn't say Gohan wouldn't be given screen time, or have his moment in the sun, all I'm saying is that there's no reason to expect that gohan will be the big hero for extended periods of time

Or rather he won't be the one fighting the final boss anytime soon, imo, but I am willing to ear crow on that

I definitely think they are putting the cast to good use (minus krillin, but I enjoyed his episode ) not trying to say they aren't

He's been a major character this entire arc though? That's really all most people wanted.

Having more female fighters is pretty great. Especially super saiyan ones. Wiz Caulifla looks like she'll be fun. Feeling meh on Kale right now, though. I've seen this character type too much. Though I can't blame her for being that way considering the name. And why is she just a slightly altered Broly? That's kinda lame.

Turns out Frieza's golden form doesn't look the way it does out of envy for the Super Saiyan form, but rather because of all the money he makes for Toei.
Lol.

No no, he's cool, promise!
Not sure I can trust someone with a Kat avatar. :p

Ingeniero

Lol no sane man would erase Beerus Sama to keep gohan LMAO. Like preferring a dry ugly biscuit to a chocolate cake.

Also he's not that popular according to the latest polls.

Agreed. I mean, I don't really hate U6, I'd like to see them interacting to someone not named Goku or Vegeta. It doesn't even have to be Gohan, let Freezer or Piccolo interact with them.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lol no sane man would erase Beerus Sama to keep gohan LMAO. Like preferring a dry ugly biscuit to a chocolate cake.

Also he's not that popular according to the latest polls.
He's usually the third most popular even in Western polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom