• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to sacrifice Gohan so Kale and Caulifla become part of the main crew

But they are terrible, one-dimensional Mary Sues.

It's definitely to the point where one shouldn't be looking to Super for anything meaningful... it's all 100% fanservice (just not the usual kind when you talk about anime).

Ingeniero

I'm willing to sacrifice Gohan so Kale and Caulifla become part of the main crew
You really know what's up my man.

They needed to give gohan some relevance in this arc to sell some figures but afterwards he should be back to conferences and books and Caulifla should take over.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You really know what's up my man.

They needed to give gohan some relevance in this arc to sell some figures but afterwards he should be back to conferences and books and Caulifla should take over.

Nah he's too popular for that. Toei has clearly wanted to use him for a while now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
why do they fuck up the lore

n9qeHZX.jpg

I'm glad you're upset and hope you continue to be

Skeeter49

It's definitely to the point where one shouldn't be looking to Super for anything meaningful... it's all 100% fanservice (just not the usual kind when you talk about anime).

I disagree, but either way, not focusing on them won't fix that then. Then they're just wasted potential that Super gave up on. I don't think Gohan or anyone from the main cast should be sacrificed for them to be included into the main cast, but they should still be included into the main cast.

After this arc Super needs to dive down into Sadala, and what the issues are there that Cabba was worried about, so they can develop all 3 U6 saiyans more.

n9qeHZX.jpg

I'm glad you're upset and hope you continue to be
What lore did they even fuck up?

Frieza in hell with Cell and 50 other people was never canon.

I'll give the earrings and the saiyan in the back, but one never had a proper explanation, just a guess by Elder Kai, and the other is really no different than Gohan explaining Ki control to Videl. That never had an explanation before, so they're things that are fair game to explore, because Z never gave proper answers on them.

I guess they completely gave up on LSSJ since no one has called Kale's form LSSJ, so they'll call it something different, but Broly was never canon to begin with, so it's not really Z lore.

Most of Super is new lore being added, not lore being taken from Z.

Did Zenkai boosts in Z not fuck up a lot of DB's lore? Al lot of what Goku did to get stronger, was usually after he recovered from near death in Dragon Ball, so it could be attributed to him getting Zenkia boosts story wise.
Climbing Koran's Tower, drinking the Divine Water, nah they did fuck all, it was the Zenkai boosts created in Z.

Ingeniero

I disagree, but either way, not focusing on them won't fix that then. Then they're just wasted potential that Super gave up on. I don't think Gohan or anyone from the main cast should be sacrificed for them to be included into the main cast, but they should still be included into the main cast.

After this arc Super needs to dive down into Sadala, and what the issues are there that Cabba was worried about, so they can develop all 3 U6 saiyans more.
Sadala arc must happen eventually.
Vegeta exploring ancient U6 saiyan culture and crowned king would make amazing screen time.
Goku could have amazing moments as well.

Anything to develop our new saiyans would be great.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sadala arc must happen eventually.
Vegeta exploring ancient U6 saiyan culture and crowned king would make amazing screen time.
Goku could have amazing moments as well.

Anything to develop our new saiyans would be great.

Toriyama has shown really no interest in wanting to do that though. There was chance to do it after the U6 tournament arc... didn't happen. There was a chance to do it before this arc along with the other universes... also didn't happen.

Ingeniero

Toriyama has shown really no interest in wanting to do that though. There was chance to do it after the U6 tournament arc... didn't happen. There was a chance to do it before this arc along with the other universes... also didn't happen.
That doesn't mean it won't happen man... the fans want this.
Let's just see what happens next after the tourney.

Skeeter49

can dragon ball escape people calling any important female character a mary sue? No it can't
18 escaped it.

Well now we could have the whole cast of U7 fighters go to Sadala, where before Vegeta really only had the interest, and realistically only Goku and Vegeta would go.

I doubt they'll give up on it happening. There'll probably be an episode where Cabba tries teaching them all SSJ and not one saiyan can do it. We'll probably see some type of threat there, the Frieza of their universe. There's still a lot that could be done with U6 in general. Yes it would have been ideal to do it before the ToP, but that doesn't mean it's too late, and then still investing in U6 saiyans means they haven't completely given up on Sadala.

Nah Caulifla likes to fight , and gohan doesn't

If we have more characters who like to fight, we can get more fights

I'm all about the fights
Gohan likes fighting now :(

I'm all about the fights

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
However, I don't agree with your notion that I have a "oh my standards are so much better than yours, but you're free to like eating shit dude !".

Another reason why ventilating in this thread is because the quality standard around here seems so low. If people accept this quality standard, what does it mean for the future of DB? No, I'm not here to say to someone that enjoys Super that they shouldn't enjoy Super.

4L08QqA.png

It could be coming, or not, there's really no way to tell

Ingeniero

I'm all about the fights
Couldn't agree more man.
As Whis said, to each its own.
Gohan:Likes books and conferences.
Caulifla: Likes fights and get stronger.

We all can agree fights are more fun to watch.

vypek

Calling it now. U6 and U7 will be merged.

The winners will want the other universes to be saved but Zeno doesn't want to watch over so many still cause there is too much so the twin universes will be merged instead with the exception of the ones that were already strong enough. Okay that obviously wont' happen but I wouldn't mind U6 and U7 merging

Skeeter49

If we don't have some sort of way to easily hang out with U6 when this is all over, then why'd we even bother with this arc ;D

Champa and Beerus together 24/7 needs to happen.
Frieza needs to blow up another Saiyan home planet. Or teach Frost how to do it.

The winners will want the other universes to be saved but Zeno doesn't want to watch over so many still cause there is too much so the twin universes will be merged instead with the exception of the ones that were already strong enough
We better get a slice of life episode of Toppo's and Ribrianne's wedding.

Eylos

Banned
Couldn't agree more man.
As Whis said, to each its own.
Gohan:Likes books and conferences.
Caulifla: Likes fights and get stronger.

We all can agree fights are more fun to watch.
Gohan Will be there in the next Arc, they are building for a New enemy, the only reason he didnt fought Black its because Trunks choosed not to Tell nothing to him. Every other time he trained to protect earth.

When there's no enemy he probably Will return to the academy, but i Hope he learned the Lesson to at least maintain the good shape.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I'm all about the fights

Gohan fights to protect, not for sport. There's a difference and his role is certainly needed in a series where empathetic characters are few and far between.

Ingeniero

If U6 and U7 get merged, I hope Champa and Beerus get to share a castle, those two are so much fun and troll each other like there is no tomorrow.
It'll be amazing screen time 100%.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Its okay Kagari, after U6 and U7 merge, Caulifa will replace chi chi and become gohans new mother.

Owensboro

I fully expect them to get to the grand erasure moment and then Zen-o-sama's father shows up and scolds him for breaking his toys. Then everyone is saved. Or that one sneaky looking angel double-crosses everyone and we slide into another arc.

Justinh

I fully expect them to get to the grand erasure moment and then Zen-o-sama's father shows up and scolds him for breaking his toys.
Popo? (I get kid-Popo vibes from Zen-Oh)

I always thought that Goku would be all "Zen-chan! Wasn't that a great tournament? We gotta keep the other universes around so we can do this again!"

So I had a lot of fun updating that one face shot from Goku's character design sheet, so I'm doing more. This one is based off of the current Gohan design.
I'm thinking about making a whole project out of updating some of Super's older designs, would anybody be interested in me doing that?

RocknRola

So I had a lot of fun updating that one face shot from Goku's character design sheet, so I'm doing more. This one is based off of the current Gohan design.

I'm thinking about making a whole project out of updating some of Super's older designs, would anybody be interested in me doing that?

That looks really good!

Well done! :)

---

Edit:

Your drawing makes me realize why I feel Goku looks a bit weird sometimes. Facial proportion to the rest of his body + way to large ("fat") pants in some episodes.

Yes I like these.

Skeeter49

Its okay Kagari, after U6 and U7 merge, Caulifa will replace chi chi and become gohans new mother.
Pure saiyans don't look for life partners.

Or care for sexual attraction other than for the purpose of bringing more saiyans into the world.

I know you were joking

Dragon Ball (Z mostly) is not a good example on how to give an ensemble cast their time to shine. Although Super is showing good potential in fixing that.

In other hand, You guys might say that Kuririn had his already, but the thing is that he was so sub-utilized in Z that I couldn't feel this payoff. His takedown was a joke, and I get when US DBGAF think it makes sense because the his portrayal over there is that he is a butt monkey character. Also, the movies and his role post Freeza doesn't give him much credit anyway...unfortunalety it seems he will still be filling this role. Even his character model look lanky as fuck, specially comparing with his design during Cell era.

Rutger

Banned
Dragon Ball (Z mostly) is not a good example on how to give an ensemble cast their time to shine. Although Super is showing good potential in fixing that.

In other hand, You guys might say that Kuririn had his already, but the thing is that he was so sub-utilized in Z that I couldn't feel this payoff. His takedown was a joke, and I get when US DBGAF think it makes sense because the his portrayal over there is that he is a butt monkey character. Also, the movies and his role post Freeza doesn't give him much credit anyway...unfortunalety it seems he will still be filling this role. Even his character model look lanky as fuck, specially comparing with his design during Cell era.

The idea that Krillin is nothing but a joke in Z is odd to me. Yeah, he's not a powerhouse, but he gets many moments to show off his resourcefulness in the Saiyan and Namik sagas. People always like to remember his death at the end of Namik but overlook how much trouble Frieza had actually trying to kill him before that point.

Which is one of the reasons the way he went out in the tournament stings so much, it doesn't seem right that Krillin of all characters was knocked out for being careless.

Eylos

Banned
Pure saiyans don't look for life partners.

Or care for sexual attraction other than for the purpose of bringing more saiyans into the world.

I know you were joking
Idk bardock and Gine looked like a good family on that manga.

YoungOne

The idea the Krillin is nothing but a joke in Z is odd to me. Yeah, he's not a powerhouse, but he gets many moments to show off his resourcefulness in the Saiyan and Namik sagas. People always like to remember his death at the end of Namik but overlook how much trouble Frieza had actually trying to kill him before that point.

Which is one of the reasons the way he went out in the tournament stings so much, it doesn't seem right that Krillin of all characters was knocked out for being careless.

yea Krillin played a critical role in those fights/arcs. I really hope they do something to get the non saiyin member of the old cast a boost glad they gave one to 17.

Skeeter49

Man we're finally getting DB/Z characters (other than Goku, Vegeta and Bulma) back in the spotlight and some of you want them to be replaced by U6? >>

Lovely <3
Why do they have to be replaced? That's not the only scenario where U6 characters are added. They can all coexist as main characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom