• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dci260

Lol no sane man would erase Beerus Sama to keep gohan LMAO. Like preferring a dry ugly biscuit to a chocolate cake.

You might have something here, I find chocolate disgusting.

I think you're mistaking, nobody gives a shit if he does.

We want him to be relevant and do good. And not get cocky and get fucked like he did (something they addressed already).

There are other strong fighters out there, of course Goku is gonna have the final boss.

That's why it's a great thing there isn't just one enemy.

Slaythe

Or rather he won't be the one fighting the final boss anytime soon, imo, but I am willing to ear crow on that

I think you're mistaking, nobody gives a shit if he does.

We want him to be relevant and do good. And not get cocky and get fucked like he did (something they addressed already).

There are other strong fighters out there, of course Goku is gonna have the final boss.

That's why it's a great thing there isn't just one enemy.

Skeeter49

Having more female fighters is pretty great. Especially super saiyan ones. Wiz Caulifla looks like she'll be fun. Feeling meh on Kale right now, though. I've seen this character type too much. Though I can't blame her for being that way considering the name. And why is she just a slightly altered Broly? That's kinda lame.

Lol.

Not sure I can trust someone with a Kat avatar. :p
I like Caulifla, but people who like Caulifla are in the minority :(

Why she's like Broly, easy answer marketing, story wise because Toriyama probably wanted to explore the Legendary Super Saiyan more, and it's easier to do with a universe we haven't seen. I wish she was a little more hardcore/ not as shy, but maybe there's a reason for that we'll learn about later.

I think Frieza's fine. I'd rather Buu, but I thought he was handled better than I would expect Toei to handle Frieza post RoF.

The best part of Super though, really...

I don't even think I agree with the Z part lol, didn't really have a clear favorite
I wasn't serious, mostly.
With Z he is my favorite part of Z, 18 being up there as well, same for Krillin and Future Trunks. With Super I think Vegeta or Champa are my favorite parts of Super. 17, 18, Gohan, Caulifla, and Kale, for how much focus they've had in Super, which isn't a lot, have all made strides towards being in my favorites. Regardless, my favorite moments of Super are the episodes with Gohan, as are my favorite moments of Z.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
u8fHZJD.jpg

Ingeniero

I'm still trying to figure out how he's the best part of Super..
Of course he isn't man, he has had very little screen time.
He wasn't in the U6 Champa tourney arc, and it was an amazing arc.
He wasn't in Black, what a wild ride that was.
He was a cheerleader in RoF and Beerus arc, and lost anyways.

He is practically non existent in the ToP so far.

I don't see how he can be the best thing in super honestly... he's so boring.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I have my favourites but I'm not going to hate on something just because my favourite character isn't a big part of the arc
The issue was more the way they wrote out characters. Even now the excuse for Goten and Trunks is fairly flimsy after Krillin got done dirty.

LotusHD

Banned

We are? Aww man, I thought that was only for Kale...

Not sure I can trust someone with a Kat avatar. :p

MH5V1Sv.png

You're right, Future Trunks needs to be in everything instead.

I'd be fine with this, was very upset that he left, I blame Future Mai.

Of course he isn't man, he has had very little screen time.
He wasn't in the U6 Champa tourney arc, and it was an amazing arc.
He wasn't in Black, what a wild ride that was.
He was a cheerleader in RoF, and lost anyways.

He is practically non existent in the ToP so far.

I don't see how he can be the best thing in super honestly... he's so boring.

I'm just gonna assume he was being sarcastic

Skeeter49

What would you get if Future Trunks and Future Future Trunks fused?

I have my favourites but I'm not going to hate on something just because my favourite character isn't a big part of the arc

Hate people who do that to be honest. Every character needs to shine, even Goku and Goten. Just enjoy the arc and think of it as potential to like new characters, as long as their name isn't Goku.
I never thought I'd like Vegeta as much as I have in Super, but I was forced to because characters I liked more than him weren't in the arc.

Daingurse

Yamcha is the most relate-able for me. Then comes Krillin. Then comes Gohan.

Yamcha was pretty relatable for me in OG Dragon Ball, but I definitely resonated with Gohan in Z more.

Krillin tho

As an American, I grew up with Z first, so I definitely felt a connection with Gohan more so than any other character, because he was nerdy little kid. I would always give him slack during the Saiyan Saga because, Christ, I wouldn't have fared any better! Krillin was a very short, grown ass man. I didn't feel much towards him at the time, till I saw the Destructo Disk hahaha.

Why she's like Broly, easy answer marketing, story wise because Toriyama probably wanted to explore the Legendary Super Saiyan more, and it's easier to do with a universe we haven't seen. I wish she was a little more hardcore/ not as shy, but maybe there's a reason for that we'll learn about later.
Oh I like Caulifla. She's pretty great. Just not feeling Kale at the moment.

LotusHD

Banned
Literally the worst thing you could do with his character.

Now he's out there in his timeline, having clone dinners with his clone girlfriends, all cloning up the place... Sigh.

As an American, I grew up with Z first, so I definitely felt a connection with Gohan more so than any other character, because he was nerdy little kid. I would always give him slack during the Saiyan Saga because, Christ, I wouldn't have fared any better! Krillin was a very short, grown ass man. I didn't feel much towards him at the time, till I saw the Destructo Disk hahaha.

Fair enough.

He saved Goku from Freeza.

He wasn't that useful in the Cell saga but he sure was relevant.

In the Boo arc he trained the kids to perfect the fusion and saved Videl.

I always love how when people forget how a character did X or Y, and then someone who considers that character to be their favorite always responds with receipts lol

VDenter

Banned
Cell and 17 would say otherwise.

All he managed to do there was lure Cell right to the Androids. Thus making his power up entirely pointless. That is the exact opposite of useful especially considering his boost came at the expense of the Dragon Balls

His fight against Freeza served no purpose because all the damage he did to him gets undone as soon as he transoms into his 3rd form and the fight felt like filler until Goku gets healed.

In the Buu arc he really did next to nothing.

Yeah sorry but Piccolo in Z was just as useless as he is in Super.

Daingurse

The issue was more the way they wrote out characters. Even now the excuse for Goten and Trunks is fairly flimsy after Krillin got done dirty.

We agree too often are you me

This is so damn true. I thought bringing the kids would have been a dumb idea considering the stakes, but after the way Krillin went out . . . might as well get SSJ3 Gotenks in here. I'd have no problem with Goten and Trunks over Tien and Krillin at this point. None. Which is crazy, as that's about as far from my initial stance as you can get.

This is so damn true. I thought bringing the kids would have been a dumb idea considering the stakes, but after the way Krillin went out . . . might as well get SSJ3 Gotenks in here. I'd have no problem with Goten and Trunks over Tien and Krillin at this point. None. Which is crazy, as that's about as far from my initial stance as you can get.
Toei out here making ppl switch to my goten and trunks side by their own incompetence

Excellent

Slaythe

Ok you need to stop.

SSJ3 Gotenks lasts 5 minutes, and then you lose TWO fighters because they're both exhausted and need to wait one hour.

On top of that, Goten and Trunks have no skills on their own without the fusion, and it's a rather twisted tournament where they go along erasing people.

Gohan's gonna deal with this moral dilemma next episode. Goten and Trunks are pure, so it makes sense they wouldn't want them to take part in that.

I'd rather have them get a mini arc dedicated to themselves, this time without vegeta and goku intervening and them looking like trash. Man that copy vegeta arc was the worst thing in super so far.

Daingurse

Ok you need to stop.

SSJ3 Gotenks lasts 5 minutes, and then you lose TWO fighters because they're both exhausted and need to wait one hour.

On top of that, Goten and Trunks have no skills on their own without the fusion, and it's a rather twisted tournament where they go along erasing people.

Gohan's gonna deal with this moral dilemma next episode. Goten and Trunks are pure, so it makes sense they wouldn't want them to take part in that.

Krillin lasted like what, 1-2mins? Gotenks could have done more work in 5 minutes than Krillin, and we both know it's only a matter of time before Tien is out of the game.

All he managed to do there was lure Cell right to the Androids. Thus making his power up entirely pointless. That is the exact opposite of useful especially considering his boost came at the expense of the Dragon Balls

His fight against Freeza served no purpose because all the damage he did to him gets undone as soon as he transoms into his 3rd form and the fight felt like filler until Goku gets healed.

Are you forgetting the time that Freeza was literally seconds away from killing Goku and Piccolo kicked him away?

Watching Z as kid, I pretty much grew up with Gohan, to me he was the main character for large chunks of the series. But yeah, the older he got, the less they knew what to do with him, which I don't know how they pulled that off because Gohan was driven by one simple thing, "I have to be strong to protect my friends." He was justifiably reluctant when it came to fighting, but ... once Piccolo sacrificed himself he really came into his own and it was there until the end of the Cell saga. After that, he just turned into Mr. Rogers. I understand him slacking after the Cell saga, but post-Buu was ridiculous. Even with a family he should be even more driven to protect them, he doesn't have go off and train for years, but goddamn keep up dude. So hopefully his latest comeback isn't temporary and he can remain competent. But yeah, I pretty much watched Z growing up for Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo.

Goten and trunks are pure yea...so is krillin and gohan they're there

Krillin lasted like what, 1-2mins? Gotenks could have done more work in 5 minutes than Krillin, and we both know it's only a matter of time before Tien is out of the game.
And before anybody says they would've broken gohans formation yea get in line half the team did

Ingeniero

Well yeah Gotenks would have definitely performed better that all the weak characters like Roshi, Tien, Piccolo, Kuririn etc.
But I can understand why they preferred to leave him. Too immature in a dangerous situation, he may do stupid things like Goku...

Skeeter49

I believe 99 ended with 5 minutes passing.

Gotenks theoretically see's Jiren just standing there not fighting, and he's goes for him first, and we know what happens after that
giphy.gif

Goten and trunks are pure yea...so is krillin and gohan they're there

And before anybody says they would've broken gohans formation yea get in line half the team did
The guy who throws Destructo Discs out like they're nothing, a weapon designed to kill on contact, and the guy who has a kid and as an adult wanted to kill his enemy, and stated he wanted to kill them after making them suffer are pure?

I really hope they pull it off well. I need someone to give a damn in this story.
Doesn't help that the first 2 universes to go everyone kind of wants to go because no one likes those universes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nobody is a "classic Hero" in the DB main cast, so Gohan being one is actually cool.

That's why the next episode should be a good one. He'll have to reconcile ending one universe to protect another. Seeing where he goes from there could be interesting.

Slaythe

So what though ? They didn't expect Krilin to be taken out like that.

If you wanna play it like that, what makes you think Frost wouldn't one shot Gotenks too ?

Gotenks is the guarantee that you lose two fighters after 5 minutes.

Krilin and Tien have taken out some people, Krilin saved 18, arguably one of their MVP, and Tien is still in the tournament.

dci260

I mean, maybe by the end of the Cell arc things didn't turn out great for him, but he wasn't useless during it (his fight against Frieza is similar). If you are only looking at the end results, then I suppose you think every character except Goku is useless? In Super he may sort of be useless, but I certainly disagree that he was in Z.

Are you forgetting the time that Freeza was literally seconds away from killing Goku and Piccolo kicked him away?

This too.

VDenter

Banned

Oh right. Okay the one time Piccolo was useful after the Saiyan arc. Even so there is no reason as to why Gohan or Kuririn could not have saved Goku themselves especially considering the fact that they were mostly the focus in that arc.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's why the next episode should be a good one. He'll have to reconcile ending one universe to protect another. Seeing where he goes from there could be interesting.

I really hope they pull it off well. I need someone to give a damn in this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom