• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I really hope they pull it off well. I need someone to give a damn in this story.

Maybe this leads into a grim-dark Sayiaman saga where Gohan gets his back broken by Freeza and an insane Trunks needs to don the suit to protect the world.

Yeah, I sure wonder where I'm drawing the line, maybe because Gohan and Krilin have taken lives before and Goten / Trunks never did.

/shrug
Two times they've tried they got stopped by tori so 🤷🏽*♂️

Dude can't dress himself half the time without taking from other people so might as well
Hey hey he has a original outfit that's superior to all the rest but aye homage to his dad and what not right

Daingurse

So what though ? They didn't expect Krilin to be taken out like that.

If you wanna play it like that, what makes you think Frost wouldn't one shot Gotenks too ?

Gotenks is the guarantee that you lose two fighters after 5 minutes.

Krilin and Tien have taken out some people, Krilin saved 18, arguably one of their MVP, and Tien is still in the tournament.

Can't say whether they would have gotten eliminated by Frost or not, nobody can cause it's would be an all new scenario with them in the mix. Hell, it's possible that they don't even get to fuse. But still, I would like to think that SSJ3 Gotenks could have gotten a pretty decent body-count before the kids burnt themselves out. They really enjoy fighting a lot, and would have been able to overpower a lot of contestants.

Main thing for me with Krillin is if he was going to go out the way he did, then he shouldn't even have bothered coming. Seeing the kids would have been far more interesting, regardless of how they faired.

Saving 18 is the only thing Krillin has done of real worth, so you got me there.

Tien is still in the game, but I don't have much hope for him at this point. However, that is crow that I would enjoy eating.

Ugh you guys aren't getting what I'm trying to say :/

But toriyama has abandoned that idea, do people still think it will happen?

I think it's funny that people are still such huge Gohan fans when every time he got the spotlight he choked.

Gohan is cool, but after all that it's hard to expect much from him (until now, but they are going about it better by not hyping him up to be the big hero)

The thing is, so many people who kicked Gohan fans when they were down (back in earlier arcs) would use what you're saying here as a detractor/insult but that's not even what the vast majority Gohan fans need out of the character. They just want him to be a cool/strong fighter that has cool moments, not the one beating the main baddie.

Not sure I can trust someone with a Kat avatar. :p

Then trust the guy with the Ratchet avatar when I say you might like the idea of him being in the tournament slightly more than you do now when you see upcoming eps.

The thing is, so many people who kicked Gohan fans when they were down (back in earlier arcs) would use what you're saying here as a detractor/insult but that's not even what the vast majority Gohan fans need out of the character. They just want him to be a cool/strong fighter that has cool moments, not the one beating the main baddie

Yeah all I was trying to say is that Gohan is being treated better as a character now, and is getting some cool scenes, but don't go expecting him to take gokus place anytime soon

So we are all on the same page and I am just making things up lol

Skeeter49

Yeah all I was trying to say is that Gohan is being treated better as a character now, and is getting some cool scenes, but don't go expecting him to take gokus place anytime soon

I don't think anyone is expecting Gohan to take Goku's place, or defeat the main villain.
I think he's in a spot where he could, and it'd be cool if Goku and Gohan team up against the main villain, or main threat since no one is really a villain in the tournament, but after Buu arc I'm never going into an arc expecting it again.

It's all Jaco's fault
He must have meant Goten.

I know that's what everyone keeps telling me lol, that's why I said I'm making things up

I gotcha. Gohan fans are vocal sometimes. We were hurt for the first 70 episodes of Super. Our first saving grace episode, was Great Saiyaman, which was great, but it was dark times.

LotusHD

Banned
The thing is, so many people who kicked Gohan fans when they were down (back in earlier arcs) would use what you're saying here as a detractor/insult but that's not even what the vast majority Gohan fans need out of the character. They just want him to be a cool/strong fighter that has cool moments, not the one beating the main baddie.

It's all Jaco's fault

I don't think anyone is expecting Gohan to take Goku's place, or defeat the main villain.
I think he's in a spot where he could, and it'd be cool if Goku and Gohan team up against the main villain, or main threat since no one is really a villain in the tournament, but after Buu arc I'm never going into an arc expecting it again.
I know that's what everyone keeps telling me lol, that's why I said I'm making things up

You must be kidding. Gohan in high school was the best part of the Buu arc.

This is a popular sentiment here, but if you ask the average person I'd reckon they'd say it was probably the whole thing with Majin Vegeta.

Personally, the Great Saiyaman stuff never worked too well for me.

NeonZ

I wasn't completely serious, haha.
However the lack of a Saiyaman spinoff is a big missed opportunity.

A Saiyaman spin off wouldn't really work. Either Gohan would only face very weak threats and bore the viewers to cancellation, or he'd face actual dangerous villains and the other characters would need to be involved too.

We were focusing on the, other part of your comments

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
A Saiyaman spin off wouldn't really work. Either Gohan would only face very weak threats and bore the viewers to cancellation, or he'd face actual dangerous villains and the other characters would need to be involved too.

It could just be silly and goofy the whole time with some romcom stuff thrown in for good measure.

When you think about it... the last time Gohan went over the deep-end was against Cell.

Sure, he was a little pissed when Frieza killed Piccolo or trying to stop Buu's hatching, but not going completely ballistic like Vegeta vs Beerus or Goku vs Black Goku and Zamasu.

original.gif

ssj2-gohan-o.gif

One last true "rage Gohan" moment for the fans please.

Rutger

Banned
Well...
It could just be silly and goofy the whole time with some romcom stuff thrown in for good measure.

Pretty much.
Dragon Ball is still partially a comedy series, it doesn't need every aspect of it to be super serious.

When you think about it... the last time Gohan went over the deep-end was against Cell.

Sure, he was a little pissed when Frieza killed Piccolo or trying to stop Buu's hatching, but not going completely ballistic like Vegeta vs Beerus or Goku vs Black Goku and Zamasu.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/145757170/original.gif[/IMG

[IMG]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1176893/ssj2-gohan-o.gif[/IMG

One last true "rage Gohan" moment for the fans please.[/QUOTE]
Dammit, those GIFs. Time for me to go down that YouTube rabbit hole of watching old DB clips again.

Daingurse

original.gif

ssj2-gohan-o.gif

One last true "rage Gohan" moment for the fans please.

As much as I enjoy seeing Gohan taking strides away from his previous weakness, I am not against seeing him snap again. Just need the appropriate stressor.

At least Gohan could get a powerup when he was mad. Now he cant even get that. His anger boost during the Frieza Resurrection movie was some sad shit.

Since I keep watching it I want to post a couple comments about that last episode. one Kakunss voice actress is awesome. Like the characters pretty one-dimensional but the lines are delivered epicly.
2, that little running sound effect that plays when 17 starts his second assalt is ridiculously silly it's like a Scooby-Doo sound effect. not a problem just notice it
Lastly, we now have an animation for when 17 pulls off a barrier counter in fighter Z, and it looks like a grab!

Is it just me, or is the funi super dub not as good as the original z dub (but arc standards), or even the Kai dub(which is only slightly worse than original z because of different voice actors)

Is it just me, or is the funi super dub not as good as the original z dub (but arc standards), or even the Kai dub(which is only slightly worse than original z because of different voice actors)

Its just that Bulma voice actor... atrocious. Hope she gets better/ is replaced soon.

He one shot his target and when Frieza took him out he was in base...

I'm talking after Piccolo got KO'd he didn't really get anything extra and like you said base Frieza took him out with the laser pointer. Mad Gohan power-ups don't exist anymore. Only had enough gas to powerup for a Goku save smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom