• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

I'm talking after Piccolo got KO'd he didn't really get anything extra and like you said base Frieza took him out with the laser pointer. Mad Gohan power-ups don't exist anymore. Only had enough gas to powerup for a Goku save smh

You said the movie, you're talking about the TV version right here.

Also, the point was that he gave up training and fighting entirely because of his daughter and job.

He's back.

6S0QJ0K.gif

Skeeter49

I do like the addition in RoF arc that it was Gohan who gave enough energy for Goku to come down. I just wish Gohan was handled well besides that.

The idea though was his body couldn't keep up with SSJ, let alone SSJ2 or Ultimate due to lack of training.

Since I keep watching it I want to post a couple comments about that last episode. one Kakunss voice actress is awesome. Like the characters pretty one-dimensional but the lines are delivered epicly.
2, that little running sound effect that plays when 17 starts his second assalt is ridiculously silly it's like a Scooby-Doo sound effect. not a problem just notice it
Lastly, we now have an animation for when 17 pulls off a barrier counter in fighter Z, and it looks like a grab!
Kakunsa was dope #Universe2

Also here's U11's reaction to their twin universe's Kamikaze Fireballs transforming
HaBIApH.png

Magwik

Banned
I do like the addition in RoF arc that it was Gohan who gave enough energy for Goku to come down. I just wish Gohan was handled well besides that.

The idea though was his body couldn't keep up with SSJ, let alone SSJ2 or Ultimate due to lack of training.
Really all we needed was a throwaway line from Frieza about his power being one that could give him a challenge.

You said the movie, you're talking about the TV version right here.

Also, the point was that he gave up training and fighting entirely because of his daughter and job.

He's back.

6S0QJ0K.gif

I feel like episode 90 is the best gohan has looked since z

Wish they were more consistent with him lol

In the beginning of Z Piccolo achieved almost everything he ever wanted.

He killed Goku (and Radditz) just to realize...killing Goku did nothing for him. So he took care of his kid, trained him, bonded with him (in a weird way) and hoped Goku would come back even stronger. Since then he always tried to get stronger and better realizing that his power is limited but his techniques and his teachings can be useful.
He found out where he came from, he became one with himself again. Piccolos story feels like the only story that truly is finished yet. Everything he does now is the cherry on top

In the beginning of Z Piccolo achieved almost everything he ever wanted.

He killed Goku (and Radditz) just to realize...killing Goku did nothing for him. So he took care of his kid, trained him, bonded with him (in a weird way) and hoped Goku would come back even stronger. Since then he always tried to get stronger and better realizing that his power is limited but his techniques and his teachings can be useful.
He found out where he came from, he became one with himself again. Piccolos story feels like the only story that truly is finished yet. Everything he does now is the cherry on top

giphy.gif

dci260

Is it just me, or is the funi super dub not as good as the original z dub (but arc standards), or even the Kai dub(which is only slightly worse than original z because of different voice actors)

In no way is the Kai dub, or the Super dub for that matter, worse than the original Z dub. Nostalgia aside, the dialogue in the original Z dub was generally quite bad and unfaithful.
Not to mention Kai's god-tier Frieza

One egregious example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TdLVREFy7Q
Here is Kai for comparison (the color saturation is awful, but it's the only one I could find): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7v9HEY22wk

Future Gohan = worst Gohan.

Ftfy.

[Image]
Not always.

I'm sorry, but what in the hell is this abomination?

Daemul

Finally managed to get around to watching the latest episode, and it was worth it just for this alone

Of course the Magical Girl universe has heavy yuri undertones, I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

mjlol.png

In all seriousness though, it's cool that Toei went all in on parodying the Magical Girl genre, which they themselves have had a massive hand in shaping with Precure, aka Toei's best anime, go watch it if you have the chance.

Over the years fans of the Magical Girl genre have joked about the super long transformations and how the yuri undertones so prevalent, to the point that every character is now automatically assumed lesbian until proven otherwise, and it was fun to see Toei joke about that stuff too.

caliph95

Finally managed to get around to watching the latest episode, and it was worth it just for this alone

Of course the Magical Girl universe has heavy yuri undertones, I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

mjlol.png

In all seriousness though, it's cool that Toei went all in on parodying the Magical Girl genre, which they themselves have had a massive hand in shaping with Precure, aka Toei's best anime, go watch it if you have the chance.

Over the years fans of the Magical Girl genre have joked about the super long transformations and how the yuri undertones so prevalent, to the point that every character is now automatically assumed lesbian until proven otherwise, and it was fun to see Toei joke about that stuff too.
To complete the parody, funimation should change them to cousins

If they ever did a new Great Saiyaman arc, they should totally make Videl's Great Saiyaman II canon. It would be a nice addition and open up different story possibilities than the original Great Saiyaman Buu arc.

dci260

If they ever did a new Great Saiyaman arc, they should totally make Videl's Great Saiyaman II canon. It would be a nice addition and open up different story possibilities than the original Great Saiyaman Buu arc.

That would be really great, especially considering how much they've ruined Videl's character in Super so far. Plus, they did adopt a movie idea like Broly.

Baleoce

That would be really great, especially considering how much they've ruined Videl's character in Super so far. Plus, they did adopt a movie idea like Broly.

This didn't even dawn on me until you just mentioned it. Good god they nuked her of any personality whatsoever.

YoungOne

I'd watch a few eps of her standing in for great saiyaman it would be fun.

Mediking

The very 1st episode of Super is called Peace or something, right?

I decided to watch some of it.

Intro gave me a Simpsons vibe... in a good way.

Liking everything so far...Hercules, I mean, Mr. SATAN, is on the screen. Mr. Satan (why is his Japanese name that?) is still pretending he's top dog from Cell Games.

As someone whose only prior interaction with DBZ entertainment was in English like games and anime... hearing Goku in Japanese is really different. REALLY different. That whole thing with him and Goten on that field was heart warming though.

NEO0MJ

I wish Chichi remained a fighter.

As someone whose only prior interaction with DBZ entertainment was in English like games and anime... hearing Goku in Japanese is really different. REALLY different. That whole thing with him and Goten on that field was heart warming though.

Still not over the voices. They all sound so off to me 😥

Slaythe

The very 1st episode of Super is called Peace or something, right?

I decided to watch some of it.

Intro gave me a Simpsons vibe... in a good way.

Liking everything so far...Hercules, I mean, Mr. SATAN, is on the screen. Mr. Satan (why is his Japanese name that?) is still pretending he's top dog from Cell Games.

I suggest you read the OP, there is a way to catch up with Super. The first two arcs were adaptations of the movies, with less quality.

When the series started, they lacked time and staff and some episodes were reallllyyyy unwatchable.

There's a guide to use the new content from the show that's worth it and the movies, to catch up with the 100% original content.

Sony

Nintendo
Future Gohan is best Gohan. The way he should have continued to look. He could still have had the same SS2 look.

Future Gohan actually looks like the adult version of teen Gohan. Standard Gohan has too much potential to look like Yamcha.

J4g3r

Any incoming leaks from Dragon Ball Park?

Already seen some new Dokkan Battle stuff.

^EDIT:

Which was apparently fake, damn it all...

dci260

Just makes him look more and more like a goober and a chump

You're a monster.

Speaking of Gohan outfits, it's a shame his first Gi after the timeskip was so underutilized.
GohanCute.jpg

Agreed, that outfit is my second favorite of his (behind what I stated above). I'd take either over him wearing almost the exact same Gi as Goku...
Or he could even wear his father's outfit, like he did in the Cell arc ;)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, figured as much after that Dokkan Battle scan ended up being fake... :(

Thanks though.

I've always hated Future Gohan's hair, just looks odd. Poor guy needed his mother or father to cut his hair.

Expect leaks to start around this time next week, if we're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom