• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Gohan outfits, it's a shame his first Gi after the timeskip was so underutilized.
GohanCute.jpg

Yup, he looked badass in the second Broly movie:

ebct9i2l.jpg

Ek76F1Ml.jpg

JjjtcWIl.jpg

44MmT3kl.jpg

Heero5

Love Gohan in the Great Saiyaman outfit (minus helmet/head rag) and his blue outfit.

The only time I liked Gohan in Goku's outfit was in the Bojack movie.

Red Devil

Dragon Ball is still partially a comedy series, it doesn't need every aspect of it to be super serious.

Next, Dragon Ball Super S
followed by Dragon Ball Stars

Really all we needed was a throwaway line from Frieza about his power being one that could give him a challenge.

It's possible that Frieza is either on par or behind Goku and Vegeta, making Gohan 4th place at most.

With the exception of 18, don't expect any housewives to take any major action roles in the series.

Krillin stays winning.

Speaking of Gohan outfits, it's a shame his first Gi after the timeskip was so underutilized.
GohanCute.jpg

I always thought I was the only one who liked that outfit for Gohan.

Gohan should always wear a gi based on Piccolo's IMO. Piccolo is his mentor and teacher, him wearing Goku's gi just feels weird

Well Goku is his father and he did train him between Mecha Frieza and 19 and 20's appearances, and of course in the Room of Time and Space.

Also, before Super, Gohan generally took on Goku's gi only when Goku was dead, probably to honor his memory.

Well Goku is his father and he did train him between Mecha Frieza and 19 and 20's appearances, and of course in the Room of Time and Space.

Also, before Super, Gohan generally took on Goku's gi only when Goku was dead, probably to honor his memory.
I know but in terms of his martial arts development at least, Piccolo was far more influential.

EDIT: also he trained with Piccolo as well in prep for 19 & 20

I know but in terms of his martial arts development at least, Piccolo was far more influential.

EDIT: also he trained with Piccolo as well in prep for 19 & 20

I think Future Bulma explained it best when she said he wears it in the hope that he can be as strong as his father. The same reasoning can apply to kid Gohan in the Saiyan Saga (and Bojack film), and Ultimate Gohan in the Buu Saga.

Piccolo is cool and all but it's not like he has defeated many villains in his fighting "career".

Gohan wearing his father's clothes is great when Goku's dead, when he's not he looks visually boring standing next to Goku while being stuck in his shadow.

cordy

Banned
This is a popular sentiment here, but if you ask the average person I'd reckon they'd say it was probably the whole thing with Majin Vegeta.
That's what I hear a lot too. People love Majin Vegeta, SSj3 Goku, Mystic Gohan and Vegetto. Most people I talk to say the Great Saiyaman shit was lame.

Sorry guys, but Future Gohan is the best version of the character by a long shot.

44b166b07f8c40eb9a890dda2b35dc95.jpg

If we're talking present adult Gohan, his best outfits was

tumblr_m6plx36LoZ1ra6hn5o1_500.gif

followed by

tumblr_n0fn9mwSha1tp8kdpo1_500.gif

He looks nice on Goku's outfit but when Goku is next to him, it just looks boring and redundant.

Skeeter49

Getting in on the Gohan debate.

I like Future Gohan, but I like Ultimate Gohan and Cell arc Gohan a lot more.
I'll always like Ultimate Gohan the most just because it was something different than all the other saiyans, and felt like the pinnacle of his development, of having all this hidden potential and not always being able to use it when needed.

HardRojo

Great Saiyaman outfit (no sunglasses/no turban/no cape) is Gohan's best outfit, followed by the purple one with the red sash (not sure what the waist thingy is called in English) and armbands. I like Kai clothes Gohan too, but that outfit looks impractical for combat. I wish he had worn his Saiyaman outfit for the ToP :(

KHlover

Banned
Gohan didn't even actually spend any more time training with Piccolo than with Goku.

Before the Saiyan saga: No training
During the Saiyan saga: about a year of training with Piccolo (half of which just proving Piccolo he can survive)
After Freeza (before Trunks arrives): No training
Android Prep: Training with both Piccolo and Goku
During the Cell saga: One year of training with Goku in the ROSAT
Between Cell and Buu saga: No training

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Gohan didn't even actually spend any more time training with Piccolo than with Goku.

During the Saiyan saga: about a year of training with Piccolo (half of which just proving Piccolo he can survive)

But Piccolo's his DAD. haha get it

Eylos

Banned

One thing i dont remember, who trained Goten? Chichi or Gohan?

I always assumes Gohan, but i readed that Was chichi

HardRojo

One thing i dont remember, who trained Goten? Chichi or Gohan?

I always assumes Gohan, but i readed that Was chichi

He mentions it was Chichi and he accidentally unlocked Super Saiyan, thus surprising Gohan when he first taught him how to fly.

Still wish Broly would have been the villain in an arc/saga. Having a true savage super saiyan as an antagonist is very interesting.

That's one thing I'd never consider Broly, a brute who says Goku's name over and over. I'm glad hes stuck to other pieces of media where his bad character is not needed

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I'll always like Ultimate Gohan the most just because it was something different than all the other saiyans, and felt like the pinnacle of his development, of having all this hidden potential and not always being able to use it when needed.
This is how I feel about it. I'm glad they revived it for Super after forgetting in GT.

Skeeter49

Still wish Broly would have been the villain in an arc/saga. Having a true savage super saiyan as an antagonist is very interesting.

If it had an arc from the ground up he probably would have been handled better, and hopefully they would have ditched the crying baby plot, and instead make Broly hate King Vegeta/ Vegeta as well, and then for whatever reason, hating Goku after that. Do more with his base form as well.

One possibility is that his hatred for Goku could have come from Goku trying to protect Vegeta, and getting a good hit in on where he was stabbed as a baby, messing with his mind a little bit.

Big One

Banned
Hrm here's another question for you guys:

Would you like it if Toriyama explored other "in-between" eras like the timeskip between Android arc and Boo arc, or the timeskip between Piccolo arc and Saiyan arc, etc. similar to how Super covers the timeskip between Boo arc and End of Z?

Sony

Nintendo
That's one thing I'd never consider Broly, a brute who says Goku's name over and over. I'm glad hes stuck to other pieces of media where his bad character is not needed

I have no idea why they reduced Broly to a pokemon that can only say Kakarot in everything other than his first movie. First movie Broly is an interesting character.

If it had an arc from the ground up he probably would have been handled better, and hopefully they would have ditched the crying baby plot, and instead make Broly hate King Vegeta/ Vegeta as well, and then for whatever reason, hating Goku after that. Do more with his base form as well.

One possibility is that his hatred for Goku could have come from Goku trying to protect Vegeta, and getting a good hit in on where he was stabbed as a baby, messing with his mind a little bit.

Or that he considers Vegeta and Goku as interior saiyans, since he said they're waste of Saiyan blood. In any case, would have been awesome to have an a reverse Freeza situation where the Z Fighters would be winning against Broly until he turned SSJ a d then Legendary SSJ. In any case, it would have been nice :)

Eylos

Banned
He's buddies with gods and angels
And has chi chi as a wife if she's your type
I Wonder why chichi Still loves Goku, i think he must be da Beast in some "services"

Vegeta is the bad boy type that Bulma always liked, but chichi is the mystery

HeroR

I can't agree with the since Gohan didn't earn it. All he did was shit on his ass and have someone else unlock his 'hidden power' after he slacked for seven years. It felt cheap. If anything, Super Saiyan 2 did a better job of being pinnacle of his development of having all this hidden potential since he truly worked for it.

Ultimate Gohan was always the ultimate copout until Gohan had to re-earned in Episode 88 and he trained off-and-on for two years after Frieza put holes through him.

Sou Da

I can't agree with the since Gohan didn't earn it. All he did was shit on his ass and have someone else unlock his 'hidden power' after he slacked for seven years. It felt cheap. If anything, Super Saiyan 2 did a better job of pinnacle of his development of having all this hidden potential' since he truly earned it.

Ultimate Gohan was always the ultimate copout until Gohan had to re-earned in Episode 88 and he trained off-and-on for two years after Frieza put holes through him.
Does anyone really 'earn' anything in Dragonball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom