• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

Hrm here's another question for you guys:

Would you like it if Toriyama explored other "in-between" eras like the timeskip between Android arc and Boo arc, or the timeskip between Piccolo arc and Saiyan arc, etc. similar to how Super covers the timeskip between Boo arc and End of Z?

The problem is not much could have really happened for Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo to not be significantly stronger in the android arc, same for between Piccolo and saiyan.. Well I guess Piccolo was significantly stronger in both, but I just don't know what type of threat there'd be that'd be interesting.

I think between android and Buu would be the best. We don't know how Goku got SSJ2 or SSJ3. We don't know how Vegeta got SSJ2, or what made him go back to fighting again. Gohan might be the only mundane one, unless you do it early in his years, a year or two post Cell arc.

Though in all honesty, I'd rather they explore another universe over something we can kind of picture how the events transpired, or could be mentioned in a few scenes in Super is one of the characters gets in a nostalgic mood.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hrm here's another question for you guys:

Would you like it if Toriyama explored other "in-between" eras like the timeskip between Android arc and Boo arc, or the timeskip between Piccolo arc and Saiyan arc, etc. similar to how Super covers the timeskip between Boo arc and End of Z?

There's a lot of spaces for him to play with. Between Cell and Buu and between Buu and Super being the big ones I can think of.

HeroR

Does anyone really 'earn' anything in Dragonball

Yes. Goku and Vegeta and many others trained their entire lives for their power.

When Goku was giving a boost outside himself in Super Saiyan God, he wasn't happy about since he didn't unlock it himself. Goku even called out Vegeta for taking a short cut in becoming a Majin by selling his soul to Babidi. Even Frieza earned his power in Super, even if it was quick.

Baleoce

ebct9i2l.jpg

So good

Real Hero

Hopefully
there's a good reason for it, like he needs to build from the god form in a way that's not going super Saiyan

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Toshio confirmed on twitter that in episode 104
Goku does indeed go regular God.
Not a fan of this.

Weak.
I don't think anyone would mind as much if Goku had busted this out previously because the movie indicated that he had lost the form after the timer ran out, so this makes no sense as it stands

HeroR

Kanzenshuu is gonna go up in flames

Don't you know. Kanzenshuu already has a cult that doesn't believe that Goku's base got extremely strong and think Frost would get stomped by Kid Buu because Goku's base form is only Perfect Cell's level or something.

Weak.
I don't think anyone would mind as much if Goku had busted this out previously because the movie indicated that he had lost the form after the timer ran out, so this makes no sense as it stands

Maybe they redo the Super Saiyan God ritual with the U6 Saiyans filling in for Trunks, Goten and Pan?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe they redo the Super Saiyan God ritual with the U6 Saiyans filling in for Trunks, Goten and Pan?

Why would they help? It makes more sense he figured out how to do it himself.

I'd laugh.

So would I. Hell, at this point I'm expecting it. It'd fit in with the picture we were shown.
It would also certainly be smarter than the constantly rising power levels Z had and all the issues that created

HeroR

So would I. Hell, at this point I'm expecting it. It'd fit in with the picture we were shown.
It would also certainly be smarter than the constantly rising power levels Z had and all the issues that created

Dragon Ball has always raised the level while leaving people behind.

Skeeter49

Maybe
they'll do it on a U6 saiyan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dragon Ball has always raised the level while leaving people behind.

And it's led to a ton of problems story-wise, to the point where the entire cast needed to be stealth buffed just to be almost useful. Could be they're learning from previous mistakes. We won't know until it happens though.

Alec

Vegeta learned SSB without the SSG ritual, so haven't we already known it was possible to do alone? I imagine this is part of Goku showing the U6 Saiyans how to achieve SSB.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Vegeta learned SSB without the SSG ritual, so haven't we already known it was possible to do alone? I imagine this is part of Goku showing the U6 Saiyans how to achieve SSB.

Now that'd piss some people off :lol

That said, not enough super sayains to pull it off unless Gohan can still make the transformation despite achieving his ultimate form again.

HeroR

And it's led to a ton of problems story-wise, to the point where the entire cast needed to be stealth buffed just to be almost useful. Could be they're learning from previous mistakes. We won't know until it happens though.

It wasn't "stealth buffed" since they trained, just like what they did in Dragon Ball and Z. Even then, they're still below Goku and Vegeta to the point that Piccolo can't even hurt base form Goku with a charged attack.

The case is useful the same way they always had. Clearing up fodder.

Eylos

Banned
WHY????????????????????????????????????????

we had dropped SSG ages ago
nop, it vanished, and beerus said his body incorporated the god ki, its not because Goku stopped using ssg, its Just he couldnt use that form anymore, It Was time limited,
It Will be interesting to know more about the god ki
Edit: probably this Will be a step to the New form

HeroR

Bringing that back will fuck things up big time.

I feel bad for the people at Kanzenshuu.

Why, because they denial statements in the show and insist base form Goku is only around Perfect Cell because Goku absorbing god ki got 'retcon'.
Even if Super Saiyan God returns, Goku still absorbed God ki since he did in the movie Battle of Gods and went Super Saiyan God again.

I will wait and see, although not happy since why would Goku suddenly use Super Saiyan God after all this time and instead keep using Blue even against U9 in Epsoide 98.

J-Rod

Is it possible
they make ssg stronger than blue in the anime? We haven't seen it since the ritual and the feats shown then in ssg seem greater than those shown in blue so far...

Toshio confirmed on twitter that in episode 104
Goku does indeed go regular God.
Not a fan of this.

Dyspo is probably beating Hit because his speed(FTL apparently) and abilities directly counter Hit's time skip. My prediction Goku will go SSG to help Hit against Dyspo because it's leaner and, therefore, retconned to be faster than SSB. I doubt this is going to be complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom