• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CazTGG

Let's see, there's:
-Goku (U7)
-Vegeta (U7)
-Gohan (U7)
-Caulifla (U6)
-Kale (U6)
-Cabba (U6)

So
Super Saiyan Hair Dye God
is possibly but
that relies on i) all the Saiyans to not be eliminated ii) all of them willing to perform the ceremony since it's a battle royale, let alone one where they'll all be erased if they lose iii) all of them willing to have Goku be the one to go God iv)
that U7's Saiyans will work with the ceremony since they seem to operate slightly differently than U6's i.e. the spine thing and v) that Super Saiyan God is somehow stronger than Blue despite everything up to now suggesting that Super Saiyan Blue is stronger than God minus the regeneration properties.
It's a lot of assumptions that one has to make for this to be true that weren't present in
Battle of the Gods

Rutger

Banned
I do like the idea of Super Saiyan forms having different uses, it could lead to more interesting fights than just a single form that is all around better.

However, it's hard to imagine that the execution of this wont be pretty messy, haha.

Do you like Super Saiyan God?

batman1.jpg

you will

RocknRola

Let's see, there's:
-Goku (U6)
-Vegeta (U6)
-Gohan (U6)
-Caulifla (U7)
-Kale (U7)
-Cabba (U7)

So
Super Saiyan Hair Dye God
is possibly but
that relies on i) all the Saiyans to not be eliminated ii) all of them willing to perform the ceremony since it's a battle royale, let alone one where they'll all be erased if they lose iii) all of them willing to have Goku be the one to go God iv)
that U7's Saiyans will work with the ceremony since they seem to operate slightly differently than U6's i.e. the spine thing and v) that Super Saiyan God is somehow stronger than Blue despite everything up to now suggesting that Super Saiyan Blue is stronger than God minus the regeneration properties.
It's a lot of assumptions that one has to make for this to be true that weren't present in
Battle of the Gods

You've got the Universes backwards buddy. Goku & Co are U7; Cauli & Co are U6.

HeroR

The manga already pretty much explains it:
SSJ God has restorative features to it. Basically replenishes any wear and tear you may have. it's also implied to be somewhat faster and increase speed?

Super Saiyan God in the manga does not have restorative. That was only in the anime. In the manga, Super Saiyan God is used to save stamina.

caliph95

I do like the idea of Super Saiyan forms having different uses, it could lead to more interesting fights than just a single form that is all around better.

However, it's hard to imagine that the execution of this wont be pretty messy, haha.
So par for the course

Real Hero

Then explain to me what exactly about Dragon Ball's story is enduring compared to most series? What is it about Dragon Ball as a series that is intelligently woven together into something that is "great"? Literally the only real artistic value Dragon Ball has ever really had to offer is Toriyama's talent as a manga-ka with his art and his panelling technique. Compared to most manga, hell most media out there, Dragon Ball is at best a 6/10 series.
Fantastic memorable characters, a unique sense of carefree fun, it's funny, unique world (early on),well done action

It's Japanese star wars

Fj0823

It's so easy to just BS it

Goku
turns into SSG

Goku: "It's not as strong as Blue but with this I can fight without getting exhausted"

Beerus: "Oi Whis, That form seems much less useful than when he fought me, right now it's only saving him stamina"

Whis:"hmmmm, it appears that the true powers of that form can only be achieved through the ritual, no wonder he's only used Blue all this time"

Done.

HeroR

All I know is, I'll wait for the episode as always.

Pretty much where I am. Although it does bring up the question of what Goku meant with,
"my body is throbbing".

It's so easy to just BS it

Goku turns into SSG

Goku: "It's not as strong as Blue but with this I can fight without getting exhausted"

Beerus: "Oi Whis, That form seems much less useful than when he fought me"

Whis:"hmmmm, it appears that the true powers of that form can only be achieved through the ritual, no wonder he's only used Blue all this time"

Done.

Then why didn't he used it before like when he went Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to waste U9?

RocknRola

No but this is retarded.

In the anime, God had so much more unique powers and abilities. That could have been really helpful.

And now it's gonna be some shitty form used to avoid draining stamina even though it was never ever implied he could still access it ? Like no matter what's happens the fact that it happens now is absolutely horrendous.

Because if it keeps the powers then Goku reaches a new low for not using it before.

If I had to go out on a limb,
I'd say he probably finally learns (intentionally or not) how to access it on his own and it'll probably be better than SS Blue (either due to it's different abilities or just general power increase... or likely both, even).

Though, knowing the show, he probably knew he could do it on his own all along and just decided to save it for shits and giggles :v

caliph95

If I had to go out on a limb,
I'd say he probably finally learns (intentionally or not) how to access it on his own and it'll probably be better than SS Blue (either due to it's different abilities or just general power increase... or likely both, even).

Though, knowing the show, he probably knew he could do it on his own all along and just decided to save for shits and giggle :v
n_n

Fj0823

Pretty much where I am. Although it does bring up the question of what Goku meant with,
"my body is throbbing".

Then why didn't he used it before like when he went Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to waste U9?

Because he REALLY wanted to trash U9

cordy

Banned
Don't matter to me. Goku's gonna end up eliminating himself and his opponent leaving the final one for Gohan to defeat. We all win.

So I'm wondering if this might give us insight into
how Vegeta got blue?
Like did he just eventually get God through a ton of training with Whis like seems to be implied or something else?
Is his blue "false" or something?
Was Goku able to teach him after achieving it?
Since we've never seen Vegeta as SSG, can he get blue without red?

I mean, I'm sure NONE of that will happen, but it's possible or would at least be nice to have.

The early spoiler reactions have become low-key enjoyable to watch. And yea, Frieza was a good one, that got all of us lol

Sometimes I wonder if I would've bothered with DBZ if I watched it as an adult.

It's kind of ridiculous tbh. Happened with Super Saiyan Rose too. I'm not saying this will for sure end up pleasantly surprising a bunch of people who freaked out over the no context spoilers like it usually does, but goddamn this cycle is something.

caliph95

So I'm wondering if this might give us insight into
how Vegeta got blue?
Like did he just eventually get God through a ton of training with Whis like seems to be implied or something else?
Is his blue "false" or something?
Was Goku able to teach him after achieving it?
Since we've never seen Vegeta as SSG, can he get blue without red?

I mean, I'm sure NONE of that will happen, but it's possible or would at least be nice to have.
SSG is by ritual
Blue is by Whiskey yes

CazTGG

Here's one problem with this potential leaked twist: Stamina.

The entire tournament is predicated under the notion that the fighters will need to retain their stamina due to the length of the tournament, number of combatants and the strength of their toughest fighters. If that's the case,
going God at the beginning would make more sense since it would allow them to stay in relatively good state when there's more fighters to fight against while still being stronger than Goku's base form, then turn to Blue to deal with the heavy hitters in the latter portion of the tournament when the weaker fighters have been ringed out. That aside, Battle of Gods hammered in that the only way to become a SSG was to perform this ceremony so a lot of those aforementioned assumptions in my above post have to be taken into consideration if they were to attain God ivia the ritual.

Big One

Banned
Dragon Ball is fun
most of the times
Just to be clear, I love Dragon Ball. I own the entire manga, I own most of the anime on DVD, I own multiple art/reference books, have always bought the video games. I'm an obsessed Dragon Ball nerd. But looking at it objectively, Dragon Ball really isn't a great quality series as a whole, which is why I find it funny people get so up in a bunch about how "shitty" the story is in Super and/or in GT when the original wasn't all that much better in quality OR consistency, both the anime and the manga.

To me Dragon Ball is about having a good time and enjoying the show. People are allowed to voice their opinions on things, but if you're going to criticize the product for things the original series did and pretend like the original series never did it, then fuck you. Don't get me wrong, I agree with some things like bad animation being unacceptable with a series that has made s much money as Dragon Ball in the modern day (original anime had bad animation too), but raging on Dragon Ball for narrative consistency is a losing battle, especially since the original manga did not have narrative consistency in the first place and the guy writing the story is Toriyama himself.

LotusHD

Banned
Just to be clear, I love Dragon Ball. I own the entire manga, I own most of the anime on DVD, I own multiple art/reference books, have always bought the video games. I'm an obsessed Dragon Ball nerd. But looking at it objectively, Dragon Ball really isn't a great quality series as a whole, which is why I find it funny people get so up in a bunch about how "shitty" the story is in Super and/or in GT when the original wasn't all that much better in quality OR consistency, both the anime and the manga.

To me Dragon Ball is about having a good time and enjoying the show. People are allowed to voice their opinions on things, but if you're going to criticize the product for things the original series did and pretend like the original series never did it, then fuck you. Don't get me wrong, I agree with some things like bad animation being unacceptable with a series that has made s much money as Dragon Ball in the modern day (original anime had bad animation too), but raging on Dragon Ball for narrative consistency is a losing battle, especially since the original manga did not have narrative consistency in the first place and the guy writing the story is Toriyama himself.

Basically what I keep telling people that won't give Super a chance, gotta get DBZ off that pedestal lol

cordy

Banned
I dont care about the 104 fiasco, it's just Super doing Super stuff so I'm not surprised anymore.

I just want Piccolo to do something.

Man you know Piccolo's gonna get his time to shine given those other 2 dudes randomly showing up. I'm glad because Piccolo needs it. I was rewatching Piccolo/17 and man I missed when Piccolo was whopping ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom