• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dci260

Toshio confirmed on twitter that in episode 104
Goku does indeed go regular God.
Not a fan of this.

I really don't know how to feel about this. I cannot think of a way it will be handled well...
I wouldn't mind this leading to further explanation into how Vegeta achieved Blue, though.

Krillin killing someone would have been the best route though.

Better than what we got, that's for damn sure. I will never forget Krillin's "latent power"...

FrigidEh

mMLVLxL.jpg

The Thread

Dekmental

Banned
Just to be clear, I love Dragon Ball. I own the entire manga, I own most of the anime on DVD, I own multiple art/reference books, have always bought the video games. I'm an obsessed Dragon Ball nerd. But looking at it objectively, Dragon Ball really isn't a great quality series as a whole, which is why I find it funny people get so up in a bunch about how "shitty" the story is in Super and/or in GT when the original wasn't all that much better in quality OR consistency, both the anime and the manga.

To me Dragon Ball is about having a good time and enjoying the show. People are allowed to voice their opinions on things, but if you're going to criticize the product for things the original series did and pretend like the original series never did it, then fuck you. Don't get me wrong, I agree with some things like bad animation being unacceptable with a series that has made s much money as Dragon Ball in the modern day (original anime had bad animation too), but raging on Dragon Ball for narrative consistency is a losing battle, especially since the original manga did not have narrative consistency in the first place and the guy writing the story is Toriyama himself.

Spot on. Its all shit really and its just a guilty pleasure thing with me Watched a bit of the cell saga again and i was cringing through the whole thing. couldn't make it past 4 episodes

I am interested in 104,
don't really like it saying Hit is getting pummeled, don't job my boy out like this. Also it seems it's going to be the first confirmed instance of a FTL battle.

NandoGip

Then explain to me what exactly about Dragon Ball's story is enduring compared to most series? What is it about Dragon Ball as a series that is intelligently woven together into something that is "great"? Literally the only real artistic value Dragon Ball has ever really had to offer is Toriyama's talent as a manga-ka with his art and his panelling technique. Compared to most manga, hell most media out there, Dragon Ball is at best a 6/10 series.

Goku attaining Super Saiyan God as a transformation when it was previously implied that Goku didn't need to transform into Super Saiyan God and/or cannot is something that has been going on with the series ever since the Freeza arc. SSJ was supposed to be a legendary form that was only gained every 1000 years or whatever that Goku got to beat the ultimate evil in the universe...but nope, now Vegeta gets it, Trunks gets it, and Gohan gets it as well in the VERY NEXT ARC. Gohan got his FULL POTENTIAL unlocked by the Elder Kai, meaning that the power and state he was in was literally as powerful as Gohan could ever be and using SSJ would be redundant since it wouldn't do anything...but nope, Gohan ends up using SSJ anyway, and now it's possible for him to raise his power to even greater levels w/o the use of god ki or any other source.

As a consistent story, Dragon Ball is shit.

Your opinion sucks and if you hate it so much just go away

Slaythe

Honestly, unless there's a really funny video or something cool to see, I think we should not be linking to the click baiters and youtubers of that kind.

I'm honestly kind of sad that didn't happen.

Because at least Frieza would have done something other than stand in the background. Would have added nicely to the "Goku makes everything worse" thing the arc has going on too.
I'm not worried about Young Freezy, he'll get a lot to do towards the end when he goes Golden

Ataxia

I'll wait to see how those spoilers are handled before making judgements

Certainly interesting though, I'll give them that

Skeeter49

I'll wait to see how those spoilers are handled before making judgements

Certainly interesting though, I'll give them that
I'm interested in seeing
SSG again
But there's only one scenario where it works.
The reason he's using it has to be speed to keep up with Dyspo, there is no other way it will work. Any other way and it's a failure.

I'm not worried about Young Freezy, he'll get a lot to do towards the end when he goes Golden
The longer they don't do anything with Frieza, the more likely it seems like they won't do anything with him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom