• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk94

Instead of exploring Z-era stuff, why not show everybody dying in Trunk's timeline or the events between his return home and Black's arrival?

HeroR

Is it possible
they make ssg stronger than blue in the anime? We haven't seen it since the ritual and the feats shown then in ssg seem greater than those shown in blue so far...

Super Saiyan God was called weaker than Blue in the anime. They specifically called it a form that surpassed Super Saiyan God.

And it's called ki control, which is why the Z Fighters haven't destroyed the Earth by accident despite all of them being planet busters by the end of the Frieza Saga.

Well that only increased my hate for Frieza. Yeah, he's a beast, but gotdamn I hope he gets erased from all existence. And Goku is way too dumb, gullible and naive to be allying with this piece of shit.

Edit:

Who exactly is Dragon Garow Lee?

Skeeter49

Is it possible
they make ssg stronger than blue in the anime? We haven't seen it since the ritual and the feats shown then in ssg seem greater than those shown in blue so far...
That's the only way I'll accept it, and the way it should have been.

Unless it has a specific advantage against Dyspo.

Eylos

Banned
i think Goku Will not know How he turned to that form, the body Changed by itself, like the spoilers imply

In no way is the Kai dub, or the Super dub for that matter, worse than the original Z dub. Nostalgia aside, the dialogue in the original Z dub was generally quite bad and unfaithful.
Not to mention Kai's god-tier Frieza

One egregious example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TdLVREFy7Q
Here is Kai for comparison (the color saturation is awful, but it's the only one I could find): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7v9HEY22wk

Namek and Saiyan arcs are definitely better in Kai on all fronts, cell arc is very very slightly worse in Kai because of the changes to gohan and 18s actors. Buu arc is also worse in Kai, Justin cook for whatever reason decided to make super buu's voice horrendous compared to original z dub. Also a lot of dialogue from the Buu arc I prefer original z. Also Goten and Trunks voices are better in original z too.

Overall Kai dialogue is much better, i agree, but I'd rather have voices I actually like than faithful dialogue.

Super dub is good, don't get me wrong, but it feels like everyone from the old cast is just *slightly* worse than they used to be? Idk something about of feels a little off to me

Original dub of dbz buu arc is prime voice acting imo

Mediking

I wish Chichi remained a fighter.

Still not over the voices. They all sound so off to me 😥

Hearing Japanese Goku say, "Da-da-da-da-da" or whatever when he's throwing punches is jarring as heck. Lol I'll get used to it though.

I suggest you read the OP, there is a way to catch up with Super. The first two arcs were adaptations of the movies, with less quality.

When the series started, they lacked time and staff and some episodes were reallllyyyy unwatchable.

There's a guide to use the new content from the show that's worth it and the movies, to catch up with the 100% original content.

Yo, thanks Slaythe.

I'm glad
Super Saiyan God is back. I thought it was a stupid and lazy design at first but have came to appreciate it a lot. I hope it is more powerful than Blue.

Big One

Banned
Well he did say he would pass the anime lol
Well I mean is that if Goku BSes his way into transforming into SSG, at least Toyotaro's version of things was more in line with what was coming up in the future. In the manga, Goku didn't "absorb" the SSJ God power like he did in the anime and in the Battle of Gods movie.

Well I mean is that if Goku BSes his way into transforming into SSG, at least Toyotaro's version of things was more in line with what was coming up in the future. In the manga, Goku didn't "absorb" the SSJ God power like he did in the anime and in the Battle of Gods movie.
Yeah this is why I'm waiting to judge. Unless they have some other kind of explanation behind it (which I think they might) then that's just some weirdness. Either way IDC that much. I'm not a big fan of the form but still kinda hype to see it again.

Hrm here's another question for you guys:

Would you like it if Toriyama explored other "in-between" eras like the timeskip between Android arc and Boo arc, or the timeskip between Piccolo arc and Saiyan arc, etc. similar to how Super covers the timeskip between Boo arc and End of Z?
I'd like to see some episodes focused on Goku raising Gohan or Gohan having fun with Goten
hqdefault.jpg

I love it

Haven't they already explained that SSB is the Super Saiyan upgrade to SSR?

more or less yes, which makes this concept a weird one unless they can give it a valid reason.

it's going super saiyan but with god ki instead of regular ki, so maybe the true god form is more pure? only a guess

Big One

Banned
The manga already pretty much explains it:
SSJ God has restorative features to it. Basically replenishes any wear and tear you may have. it's also implied to be somewhat faster and increase speed?

caliph95

Yeah this is why I'm waiting to judge. Unless they have some other kind of explanation behind it (which I think they might) then that's just some weirdness. Either way IDC that much. I'm not a big fan of the form but still kinda hype to see it again.
Same here because from I got it was made obsolete by blue and base form absorbing it. So bringing it back it's weird . I'll wait and see

The manga already pretty much explains it:
SSJ God has restorative features to it. Basically replenishes any wear and tear you may have. it's also implied to be somewhat faster and increase speed?
The speed increase thing is only in the manga.

I guess the other part is what might make Goku fresh enough to face Jiren.

Carl2291

Goku will go
SSG again just to save stamina and go SSG2 at a later point, probably against Jiren. The true SSG form and stronger than Blue.

Thats my guess.

caliph95

more or less yes, which makes this concept a weird one unless they can give it a valid reason.

it's going super saiyan but with god ki instead of regular ki, so maybe the true god form is more pure? only a guess
SSB is the super Saiyan of red from what I got from dub Goku explain and beerus said he absorbs the form which is why he was able to face beerus without noticing when he lost it.

Morlas

personally i don't see what's so bad, but then again I already decided to treat the series as an in the moment type of thing, as in if i'm having fun in the moment nothing else matters

Slaythe

Dtragon Ball has always been bad.

No but this is retarded.

In the anime, God had so much more unique powers and abilities. That could have been really helpful.

And now it's gonna be some shitty form used to avoid draining stamina even though it was never ever implied he could still access it ? Like no matter what's happens the fact that it happens now is absolutely horrendous.

Because if it keeps the powers then Goku reaches a new low for not using it before.

Skeeter49

The only way this is handled well is if it isn't done at all.
I can't think of one logical reason it's being done, if it does happen.

will be an awful episode. Worst of the arc easily.

Ashodin

Whelp, that's kind of a mess, next
Gohan goes SSJ2 even though he's ultimate

think of it like a moving target on a mountain. Gohan forgot where the target was on the top of the mountain, so he started shooting for easier targets. SS, SS2, etc.

Piccolo helped him remember where the target was on top of the mountain, and he can hit it every single time without fail now. That's what Ultimate is like. The pinnacle.

Big One

Banned
Then explain to me what exactly about Dragon Ball's story is enduring compared to most series? What is it about Dragon Ball as a series that is intelligently woven together into something that is "great"? Literally the only real artistic value Dragon Ball has ever really had to offer is Toriyama's talent as a manga-ka with his art and his panelling technique. Compared to most manga, hell most media out there, Dragon Ball is at best a 6/10 series.

Goku attaining Super Saiyan God as a transformation when it was previously implied that Goku didn't need to transform into Super Saiyan God and/or cannot is something that has been going on with the series ever since the Freeza arc. SSJ was supposed to be a legendary form that was only gained every 1000 years or whatever that Goku got to beat the ultimate evil in the universe...but nope, now Vegeta gets it, Trunks gets it, and Gohan gets it as well in the VERY NEXT ARC. Gohan got his FULL POTENTIAL unlocked by the Elder Kai, meaning that the power and state he was in was literally as powerful as Gohan could ever be and using SSJ would be redundant since it wouldn't do anything...but nope, Gohan ends up using SSJ anyway, and now it's possible for him to raise his power to even greater levels w/o the use of god ki or any other source.

As a consistent story, Dragon Ball is shit.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
White bar city. What happened? Are spoilers out or did the new manga chapter just skip a billion episodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom